Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

1000s of dev is apparently working as intended, along with other features like:
- Monuments being game breakingly powerful and very cheap to upgrade (yes its a few thousand gold but anyone who has actually played EU4 knows that's nothing).
- Abuse favors which are gained way too fast to drain any AI GP of cash and manpower and feed it to yourself. You are Ryukyu? Why not take half of Ming's income?
- Galleys stackwiping heavies in the open sea
- Native americans being OP as fuck with the most developed provinces in the world.

But then there's the more interesting, accidental features like:
- Government reform progress gain is inverted so you gain more progress with high average autonomy.
- Governing cap penalties are inverted and you can gain huge bonuses the larger you are.
- A policy that gives +100% missionary conversion strength.
- Naval batteries are supposed to protect you from slave raids, but one naval battery anywhere protects the entire world.
- lots of placeholder graphics and unlocalized buttons, random shit like that.

Higher Game

Arcane
It's so weird that CKII monuments were generally fairly balanced in a game otherwise a lot more liberal about balance than EU4. I like the idea of monuments as they're a good alternative goal vs trade centers, but they're just ridiculous now.

Being the wrong culture/religion and taking a monument should utterly explode one's AE and ruin relations with that group.

It's so weird that CKII monuments were generally fairly balanced in a game otherwise a lot more liberal about balance than EU4. I like the idea of monuments as they're a good alternative goal vs trade centers, but they're just ridiculous now.

A lot of that has to do with how money in CK2 was more limited. CK2 income scales much slower than your land area (since you get fractions from vassals and then fractions of fractions from vassals with vassals), while in EU4 it's the opposite, you get 100% of income from tax and production and trade actually scales up better the larger you are. The EU4 devs clearly intended for these upgraded monuments to be huge investments but there's no actual way to do that because the EU4 economy is so inflated. Indeed this was the whole reason mana was invented for EU4 in the first place, it's because the devs couldn't be bothered to fix the ducat economy and so had to invent a much more controlled economy to limit player actions.

Holy shit, I haven't see a Paradox Launch so bugged since Stellaris Megacorp.

The difference is that thanks to that acidentally released review, everyone KNEW Megacorp was going to be Megabugged.

Apparently most of these bugs were noticed weeks ago in pre release streams but Paradox couldn't be bothered to fix them.

Mortmal

Arcane
119yo8nl0tv61.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are really that incompetent. I can't fathom how it takes them that much time to create those broken systems and mechanics. I am honestly baffled at their incompetence,a single modder for that time could make better shit than the whole of paradox team. Those people are getting paid for just existing,it is disgusting. They even still keep that faggot toad johal lol.

Yeah imagine working months on a DLC that adds 3 new features, costs 20 euros, and none of the shitty new features actually work :lol:

Meanwhile you can download total conversions for free that add more meaningful changes than ALL THE DLCs COMBINED and they're less buggy, and they even extend the timelike a couple years (MEIOU and Taxes, Veritas et Fortitudo).

And whenever you criticize the DLC policy, fanboys will pop out of the woodwork and say "But the DLCs are good they give more content"

LOL what content? 3 new features that mods have already done better, and that don't even work? And you pay 20 eurobucks for it? LOLOLOL

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Being the wrong culture/religion and taking a monument should utterly explode one's AE and ruin relations with that group.

Because CK2 and 3 have actually competent designers at the helm.

EU4 is just a mess, and it becomes messier with each new expansion. They really don't know what they're doing.
CK devs just care about making the game fun.
EU devs don't even know how fun works.

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't even pay attention to EU4 DLCs and shit, the only thing I desire is MEIOU 3.0 release date. I don't really understand how you people can still be playing vanilla, it's so shallow and garbage

Mikeal

Arcane
LMAO even that fat faggot Johan admited they fucked up. XD
fch0ldb8qwv61.png

Gotta admit Leviathan is some way is similar to Cyberpunk 2077. Both of them gave a lot of fun time without spending penny on them or even playing in them. It's just gift that keeps on giving. Anyway more retarded stuff.

5e5gbifa6wv61.png

swevhkzqatv61.png

sbgpwdc4exv61.png

r625y2m8swv61.jpg

119yo8nl0tv61.jpg

8h97dzqc5wv61.png

ffrll1lucwv61.jpg

q7spng8cwwv61.jpg

vtp7pddmnuv61.jpg

tcccx3gdrwv61.png

faujoj4ezqv61.png

qnlli5zmcwv61.png

tojno2qbfsv61.png

15n7r2pqmtv61.png

k3taYKA.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They are really that incompetent. I can't fathom how it takes them that much time to create those broken systems and mechanics. I am honestly baffled at their incompetence,a single modder for that time could make better shit than the whole of paradox team. Those people are getting paid for just existing,it is disgusting. They even still keep that faggot toad johal lol.

Yeah imagine working months on a DLC that adds 3 new features, costs 20 euros, and none of the shitty new features actually work :lol:

Meanwhile you can download total conversions for free that add more meaningful changes than ALL THE DLCs COMBINED and they're less buggy, and they even extend the timelike a couple years (MEIOU and Taxes, Veritas et Fortitudo).

And whenever you criticize the DLC policy, fanboys will pop out of the woodwork and say "But the DLCs are good they give more content"

LOL what content? 3 new features that mods have already done better, and that don't even work? And you pay 20 eurobucks for it? LOLOLOL
I could,it is pretty good job really. You get paid good money,you get exiled to the spanish beaches,spend no time working and you have an army of bots to defend you. Save up half a million and make yourself a good rpg or just buy yourself a nice house.

Because CK2 and 3 have actually competent designers at the helm.

EU4 is just a mess, and it becomes messier with each new expansion. They really don't know what they're doing.
CK devs just care about making the game fun.
EU devs don't even know how fun works.
Yeah,CK 2 DLC are the least retarded of them all,they did even finished the game development with style. Also the devs are bunch of old chads,can't blame them for having poor imagination,at least their DLCs worked.

Narax

Educated
At this point i don't understand why people keep giving this shitty company another chance. All of their recent releases have been disastrous, and they clearly have no care or passion for what they do, just look at the state of stellaris and imperator rome, they abandoned the latter as soon as they realized it wont sell dlcs.

Mortmal

Arcane
At this point i don't understand why people keep giving this shitty company another chance. All of their recent releases have been disastrous, and they clearly have no care or passion for what they do, just look at the state of stellaris and imperator rome, they abandoned the latter as soon as they realized it wont sell dlcs.
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good. But yes everything else is a disaster .There's no reason it will be otherwise , cherish your victoria 2 , ck2 , that wont happen ever again.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good. But yes everything else is a disaster .There's no reason it will be otherwise , cherish your victoria 2 , ck2 , that wont happen ever again.
Imperator went from disaster to decent. It still isn't Vicky 2 level of unique and interesting.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good.

Not really.

In fact, I'd argue it's worse than it ever was. Pyrrhus can't even lead the event troops he brings home :lol:

I've played Marius extensively and can say with confidence that... it's pretty much the same as before, just shuffled around. And it's still piss easy. The only problem is hyper aggressive Rome but even then you can easily exploit the AI to win.
The fact that there's been no news about it also doesn't bode well. Modding is dead too.

Mortmal

Arcane
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good.
I tried it based on posts like these, and it's a complete lie. Imperator is as shallow and shitty as ever, and there is no fun to be had.
It's not a lie,spent quite a few hours on it , its just it's not meeting your standard of quality. I relativize things its a lot better than caesar on amiga i was playing as a teen . Better than most other 4X i see on steam too .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom