Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Julia wife does give me maximum soreness anons! She does! I do want anons Julia wife cute heterosexual wife anons or bisexual wife anons not lesbian anons! I do!

Tosiek363

Novice
To become a legionary, one must be a Roman citizen first and foremost. I doubt a bunch of random Berbers would be them in the numbers needed for a new legion.

Forming a auxillia troop would make more sense, but black triarii? WTF

What's next, a squad of black phalangists fighting under the banner of Giorgius the breather?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
To become a legionary, one must be a Roman citizen first and foremost. I doubt a bunch of random Berbers would be them in the numbers needed for a new legion.

Forming a auxillia troop would make more sense, but black triarii? WTF

What's next, a squad of black phalangists fighting under the banner of Giorgius the breather?

well, serving as auxiliary could reward the soldier with a roman citizenship (which would then be extended to its descendants), you could get legionnaires of any ethnic group that belonged to the roman empire.
It's just that, in a province that doesn't belong to Rome, they wouldn't be raising a legion, but rather as auxiliaries or allies.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been enjoying the game so far but one particular main quest later really soured my opinion on it
I got ambushed by two gangs in a tiny ass arena, they massively outnumbered us and there's reinforcements every 4 turns, victory conditions now read "die with honor", but because I'm a strong female Roman legate, I tried to take as many enemies as possible. The result? I actually got them all thanks to shit tons of buffs, tactical items, and Bestia's OP dodging skill. Really fun fight too, I abused the chokepoints so hard they pretty much had to 1v1 my shield dudes or get stabbed in the ass.

But the game never let me end the fight, I can destroy every new wave within 2 turns but I have to skip the next 2 turns to proceed to a new wave, the game pretty much forced me to either do what it says or waste my time.

So I let my team die. What happened next is the game shifts to another character's perspective, one that your protagonist isn't fond of, to save your ass. You get it right, the game makes you lose in a possibly winnable fight for railroaded storytelling, and the fact that you losing the fight doesn't actually matter much at all is just a huge nut punch. Make him appear after 6 or 7 reinforcement waves, then give my protagonist some dialogues like "we are wounded", "ok go back to legion camp, we can continue from here" or whatever, just don't punish me because I managed to survive a challenging fight.

Even worse, the camp where the quest continues from doesn't have a hospital, so I had to waste time traveling to my camp which wasn't near at all, risking my praetorian's death chance, which would have been avoidable had I not been forced to make them lose.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, there was another trailer:

Can’t wait for January 20 to play Expeditions: Rome? We’ve just released a patch for our FREE DEMO! Head over to Steam and try it right now!

Want to stream Expeditions: Rome and directly interact with your audience? Our Twitch Extension lets your viewers help or hinder your fight, burn the battlefield and make tough decisions for you!

If you want to be part of this new streaming experience before release, feel free to reach out to us directly: contentcreators@thqnordic.com

There will also be a Twitch Drops campaign for every content creator streaming Expeditions: Rome! Let us know if you have any questions. You can get special color schemes, emblems and a trophy bundle. The drops campaign will run from January 20, 7 AM PST until January 31, 4 AM PST.

If you have any questions about the extension or want to request a free creator key, don’t hesitate to contact our friends at Leviathan Core directly: https://thqn.net/rome-release-krf

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been enjoying the game so far but one particular main quest later really soured my opinion on it
I got ambushed by two gangs in a tiny ass arena, they massively outnumbered us and there's reinforcements every 4 turns, victory conditions now read "die with honor", but because I'm a strong female Roman legate, I tried to take as many enemies as possible. The result? I actually got them all thanks to shit tons of buffs, tactical items, and Bestia's OP dodging skill. Really fun fight too, I abused the chokepoints so hard they pretty much had to 1v1 my shield dudes or get stabbed in the ass.

But the game never let me end the fight, I can destroy every new wave within 2 turns but I have to skip the next 2 turns to proceed to a new wave, the game pretty much forced me to either do what it says or waste my time.

So I let my team die. What happened next is the game shifts to another character's perspective, one that your protagonist isn't fond of, to save your ass. You get it right, the game makes you lose in a possibly winnable fight for railroaded storytelling, and the fact that you losing the fight doesn't actually matter much at all is just a huge nut punch. Make him appear after 6 or 7 reinforcement waves, then give my protagonist some dialogues like "we are wounded", "ok go back to legion camp, we can continue from here" or whatever, just don't punish me because I managed to survive a challenging fight.

Even worse, the camp where the quest continues from doesn't have a hospital, so I had to waste time traveling to my camp which wasn't near at all, risking my praetorian's death chance, which would have been avoidable had I not been forced to make them lose.

Man, that is really off-putting. Actually enough for me to consider not buying. Might be petty, but I hate stuff like that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Give me cute secret companion Amazon wife!

Meet Deianeira, the Amazon.

This proud warrior woman of Scythia was enslaved and sold to be trained as a gladiator. She will join you in exchange for her freedom – but she has unfinished business with her captors…

It's time to write your own history. Expeditions: Rome is coming January 20, 2022.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I want to vomit.
go for it

Lv0vDic.gif

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All the chicks got really manly muscular arms, wtf.
Well that at least is realistic. If you are going to have warriors at least make them fit and strong,not some generic modern model that would drop from exhaustion after a kilometre of marching.

Meet Deianeira, the Amazon.

This proud warrior woman of Scythia was enslaved and sold to be trained as a gladiator. She will join you in exchange for her freedom – but she has unfinished business with her captors…

It's time to write your own history. Expeditions: Rome is coming January 20, 2022.

Thank you Infinitron anon! Good strong Top 10 Anime Friendship Redemption Arc friend anon! I do love cute Amazon Web Service wife anon! I do! You are a good strong friend anon!

Codex anons! Good strong friend anons! It is 2 Principes Tank anons anons and 1 Triarius Support anons and 1 Veles Melee anons and 1 Sagittarius Ranged anons for good strong MAIN COMPANION friend anons anons! It is! You can PARTY COMPOSITION anons! You can! You are all good strong friend anons!

Harthwain

Magister
They do? To me this is obviously fake advertising: in the game itself the character (Deianeira) has the usual female-is-a-stick arms. Also, the artist did a poor job on drawing her biceps in the picture, which contributes to her looking a bit odd.

Endemic

Arcane

Weird, considering Expeditions Conquistador let you lose story battles (at least from what I recall playing), and had a branching outcome to respect what happened in the actual gameplay.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

That's lame. If you absolutely have to make combat unwinnable (which isn't something devs should do much), using quality high-powered enemies is preferable to wave spam.

There is something to be said for shock value. Low lethality games where enemies start 1-hitting your team will make a player sit up.

Alphons

Cipher

Weird, considering Expeditions Conquistador let you lose story battles (at least from what I recall playing), and had a branching outcome to respect what happened in the actual gameplay.

And some had major consequences. Losing the final battle on Hispaniola or battle for your fortress in Mexico ends with Noriega dead, which completely blocks the betrayal route.

I guess voice actors cost too much.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They do? To me this is obviously fake advertising: in the game itself the character (Deianeira) has the usual female-is-a-stick arms. Also, the artist did a poor job on drawing her biceps in the picture, which contributes to her looking a bit odd.

I did notice that. She looks like a stick, her whole model.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Seems like infection seeped in there as well, we really need to remove that infection from society and use medical gas as anesthesia.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I believe they've said save files from the demo can be imported once the full game is out, but do we know if there will be any major changes to the portion of the game that is present in the demo?
I'd rather not start early and end up missing out on anything that will get added/changed for the full release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom