Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Someone buy him Underrail, the man made Fallout, he'll love it.

Can you give a game to someone you don't have on friends list on steam?
If you get your hands on his email address, yes.

pippin

I have the feeling Tim hasn't finished New Vegas. Or if he did, he finished it once and skipped lots of content.
Also, it's kinda obvious some guy at Bethesda gives him the games as a sign of courtesy. Probably even Todd himself.

Wake me up when you create New Vegas in the Fallout/Fallout Tactics engine. Then I might actually play it.

Some guy did a photoshop edit of some fo2 screenshot adding NV's characters into it, like those fo4 isometric images floating around the web (which were made by the Stasis guy iirc).
I cried and died a little inside when I saw those.

Also, wasn't this being made for a long time now, or was it a different project? I wouldn't be against this but I already own the games...

naossano

Cipher
Maybe Tim himself is behind that mod.
"I say that i want to do TB in from of camera, but i use an alias to work on the gamebryo"

Anyway, i don't see the point of "porting" Fallout into an engine that doesn't support its gameplay. Wouldn't be much more simpler to port it on unity or any other engine that support isometric, rather that reverse-enginering the gamebryo ?

Shammy

Learned
Seems like a really weird mod. Granted it's neat that it's being made at all, but it just seems weird, like the Baldur's Gate NWN2 mod (which wasn't half bad, if you could stomach the engine :cry:)

Yet it seems like it'd play like an inferior version of Fallout, so I'll pass.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I loved seeing Shady Sands in first-person. Complete with the children running around, too. Katrina seems to have lost her pretty smile, but other than that, visually it looks authentic.

Realistically however, the project is going to be a tremendous timesink for no discernible purpose. Fallout 1 has richer graphics than NV to this day, as well as more advanced dialogue and gameplay subsystems.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
This will do even more damage to the franchise..... or rather the corpse of the franchise will be violated further. Can't wait for the "this game is so short, nothing to do, easy, boring, no one to talk to, no jokes, not enough enemies etc etc".

Can't some crazy modder do something interesting like idk make FF7 in the ToEE editor, Dark Souls in the NWN engine or VtMB in fucking Morrowind see crazy mechanics and worlds collide! At least this is more interesting technically speaking, than the BG1 - NWN2 debacle. It's always, hurr watch me recreate an old game, for no reason, in the new franchise engine durr. Is there some law that prevents content recreation in a foreign engine or something?

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Can't some crazy modder do something interesting like idk make FF7 in the ToEE editor, Dark Souls in the NWN engine or VtMB in fucking Morrowind see crazy mechanics and worlds collide! At least this is more interesting technically speaking, than the BG1 - NWN2 debacle. It's always, hurr watch me recreate an old game, for no reason, in the new franchise engine durr. Is there some law that prevents content recreation in a foreign engine or something?
Yes. It's called copyright law. Bethesda's lawyers would definitely be less welcoming to people recreating Fallout in a competing company's engine.

Ninjerk

Arcane
This will do even more damage to the franchise..... or rather the corpse of the franchise will be violated further. Can't wait for the "this game is so short, nothing to do, easy, boring, no one to talk to, no jokes, not enough enemies etc etc".

You know someone did something like this on this very forum, correct?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I've replayed so many times original Fallout 1 and 2 that it would be interesting to play this.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't get it... everyone knows the first Fallout was set in DC and made with the Gamebryo engine, anyway.

Beastro

Arcane

Fallout the Story is a work in progress at the moment. It is designed as a mod for the NV base game only

Travel:
-------
We made a complete new travel system. Which allows the player to discover the map of Fallout 1, also includes random encounters and the ability to flee (if your character is a coward ;) ). The game will be node based as the original. So you travel from one small worldspace to another. It is not a continues world. We have plans to add one larger worldspace which allows a bit more exploration (as easer egg so to say) but this one will be started at the end of development.

Appreciate the effort, but so much of what made FO1 interesting evaporates once you put it in first person (and in Gamebryo)

It was a game that felt other-worldy, isolating, dangerous, both felling very expansive yet claustrophobic the feeling, you get when you're lost in the wild and scared with only your mind as a safe place and yet it's too small a refuge to hide in.

You feel that even in the most civilized of settlements and the game is pervaded with a sense that, whatever has happened to this world, it's fucked it up and you're stuck living in it.

All that is absent looking at Shady Sands in your video. It looks like a settlement from Mount and Blade where you'd obvious everything has been placed by someone designing a game, only with that game settlement layout was forgivable because you rarely went such places and were focused on the battlefields.

The thing is, I don't think you'll be able to overcome this problem, it's the issue with Gamebryo and importing a games style that doesn't work with the engine. It's the reason why FO3 and FONV feel more like TES games than FO ones, because Gamebryo creates that style and it's associate with TES more than anything else.

If anything, you might have been too loyal to making this like FO1 and it's for that reason that it sticks out like a sore thumb.

naossano

Cipher
Did they mention how they will import the gameplay and interface into the Gamebryo ? All i see is videos with the same perspective as Fallout 3....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom