Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

Doktor Best

Arcane
Well even angry joe praised Fallout 2 over Fallout 4 in terms of Dialogue, so as annoying as he is, maybe he actually did something good and guided some of his audience towards the good stuff.

Lhynn

Arcane
A casual wouldn't even be interested in trying the original Fallout 1.
Nonsense, bring up an old game enough times when judging a new game and theyll eventually want to try it themselves.

pippin

Angry Joe is weird. I mean, he's just a gigantic faggot who cries for his seven dollars on the internet, but at the same time he likes the classics, like old X-Com and Fallout 2. If only he used his powers for good.

Perkel

Arcane
Angry Joe is weird. I mean, he's just a gigantic faggot who cries for his seven dollars on the internet, but at the same time he likes the classics, like old X-Com and Fallout 2. If only he used his powers for good.

Rich gigantic faggot. If i could earn so much money as he i would gladly declare Fallout 1 publicly "a piece of shit". Either way i would win. I would have money, i could still play fallout 1 and i would troll the shit out of 'dex.

AJ is mostly PC gamer with more or less same backlog of games played like most of us. He plays ton of strategy games and rpgs but not on camera.

Shin

Cipher
Well even angry joe praised Fallout 2 over Fallout 4 in terms of Dialogue, so as annoying as he is, maybe he actually did something good and guided some of his audience towards the good stuff.

I don't know man... it might be a tongue-in-cheek joke around here, but for most people adoring F4 "redding is teh hard" is very, very true (hence the voiced protagonist and basic phrases replacing a decent dialogue system). This ties in with the fact that a lot of kids/adolescents "nowadays" (god I sound like an old geezer) have the attention span of a goldfish.

Modron

Arcane
Nonsense, bring up an old game enough times when judging a new game and theyll eventually want to try it themselves.

... and give up before they exit the caves.

Or spend 58 minutes trying to get the vault door open before giving up and leaving the caves like that one journalist around 6 months ago.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Finally you can play Fallout the way Tim Cain originally envisioned it, without all the technical limitations.

You probably didn't realize how true your sarcasm is.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
178 hrs on record

Borderlands 2
114 hrs on record

Borderlands
100 hrs on record

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
56 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas
34 hrs on record

Fallout 4
11.3 hrs on record
Nah. Tim Cain may have horrible taste in games he plays (I remember a bizzarre interview in the end of 90s where he said that his favourite cRPGs are Ultima III and Ultima Underworld. Ultima III of all games.) but the game was definitely made to emulate a tobletop roleplaing game which was explicitly stated in one of interviews.

1024px-D%26D_Game_1.jpg

Let's remember that there was already a long tradition of FPP cRPGs, including ones which shifted perspective from FPP exploration to tabletop for combat.

naossano

Cipher

Or spend 58 minutes trying to get the vault door open before giving up and leaving the caves like that one journalist around 6 months ago.

Is there a way to anti-brofist ?

T. Reich

Arcane

Is there a way to anti-brofist ?

Hit 'em in the face.

ortucis

Prophet
This looks similar to The Precursor's opening town (which was pretty nice too, more detailed though).

Most people complaining about it don't realize that some modders just do all this for a challenge. Making an FPS out of an isometric game while trying to translate the level design into full FPS view is pretty fun (I once thought about doing same thing for Warcraft 3..).

Though I would recommend using something like Unreal 4 or Unity 5 to make it a standalone game. Just change the names of the places (and people too I guess) to avoid any C&D drama. Then release it for Codex so it can pirate it.

naossano

Cipher
Most people complaining about it don't realize that some modders just do all this for a challenge. Making an FPS out of an isometric game while trying to translate the level design into full FPS view is pretty fun (I once thought about doing same thing for Warcraft 3..).

You mean they are actually making an FPS out of it? I juste assumed they would port the gameplay too.
That title is misleading. It should be named Fallout 1 STORY recreated into the gambryo engine.

ortucis

Prophet
You mean they are actually making an FPS out of it? I juste assumed they would port the gameplay too.
That title is misleading. It should be named Fallout 1 STORY recreated into the gambryo engine.

I don't know if this F1 recreation is a shooter. The video I saw (the first one here) doesn't really show combat. But unless the game engine has scripting support to program turn-based, they'll go with Fallout 3's FPS combat.

That's why. Make it in Unity or Unreal. Make it turn-based if you want there.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The combat is the same as in other bethesda games, they created f1 travel though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The combat is the same as in other bethesda games, they created f1 travel though.
Which is a huge mistake as it will chase away new players while we can play Fo1 in its original form already and having that travel in this does not make the game any more welcoming.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
New Vegas in the Fallout 2 engine would be fucking awesome, instead of wasting time on this garbage...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom