Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2 is way worse than I remember it.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Both games are great. Both games are not perfect.

Underrail is also great but its no true spiritual successor imho. It is what you get when you throw classic Fallout, System Shock and Jagged Alliance into a blender. It does not reach any of those games in their core strengths but it comes close and that makes it a feast.

Fuck deep caverns though.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
FO1's timer sucked, no two ways about it.

The level of people who are fo2 fans... the time limit barely does anything you fucking dimwit.

That's why it sucks, genius. It adds the pressure of a timer that, as a new player, will create an unreasonable expectation. Then when you clear it, you're under a second, "invisible" timer. But it is 500 days long . . . far longer than most people need to complete the game. So why have it?

PEACH

Arbiter
FO1's timer creates the illusion of urgency which is all it really needs to do to service the plot and move the player forward.

As long as there are new FO1 players there are always new neurotics worrying about the timer, so I'd say the intended psychological effect was a success.

Beans00

Augur

The level of people who are fo2 fans... the time limit barely does anything you fucking dimwit.

That's why it sucks, genius. It adds the pressure of a timer that, as a new player, will create an unreasonable expectation. Then when you clear it, you're under a second, "invisible" timer. But it is 500 days long . . . far longer than most people need to complete the game. So why have it?

500 days only if you're playing the original unpatched version, they patched it out even in the later cd versions(mine doesn't have it).

The time limit is 13 years, the same in fallout 2 due to engine limitations iirc.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
But it is 500 days long . . . far longer than most people need to complete the game.

If you patched (official patch, I don't even mean mod stuff) it's actually 13 years of in game time. Steam and gog versions come already patched. You would have to grind random encounters to the death to even hope to see the effect of the deadline. An act more befitting of a robot than a human.

People are shitting themselves over a non event.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

500 days only if you're playing the original unpatched version, they patched it out even in the later cd versions(mine doesn't have it).

Neither does mine. I also own the GOG version but I haven't played FO1 in literally 20 years, it was September 2001 when I was sailing the seven seas and had nothing else to do. But anyway, I remember the 500 day thing because people were howling about it on BBSs even back then.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a big difference if you have well over a dozen people or if 1-3 people are working on a first time project. Anyone not ackowledging this is a disingenuous dumbfuck.
So again, a game being shit is completely excused because its indie, even after 12 years of development? Cool preference you have there :lol:

Ah the typical "MUH ÄMZED SHUUTZ" wanking. Sorry to tell you this but outside of the rare early game optional Deathclaw slowing down leg shot you hardly ever use anything but headshots/eye shots and what for? More and better crits. Tactical incease of depth? Exactly nil, nada, zilch, zero.
Good attempt, but sorry to tell you this - Underrail still doesn't have aimed shot - That's right, no headshots or eye shots - only center mass. So much for a game with "tactical depth"? You can shoot a guy or be shot without a helmet 10 times with bullets and the best you get is a what, x1.5 increased damage before perks? Never blindness? Never concussion? Never knockout or knockdown? Again, you're massively reaching.

Underrail takes a huge strategical dump due to the simple fact that just to prepare you have FAR more variety than anything FO offers which has nothing but a primitve armor tier system starting with the Leather Jacket going up to Power Armor and there is VERY little reason to not use the best armor tier currently available. Meanwhile People have veritable sets of armor for stealth, acid, fire/mines, etc.
Forcing you to craft shit you don't actually want to use while simultaneously forcing you out of stealth to painstakingly wheres-whally drag on ~4 pieces of armor from the fucked up inventory, also bloating your inventory and fucking up your weight limit? GIMME MORE! t. underrail fanturds

The same applies to weapons. There is very little reason to use pistols at later stages and the differences between pistols can be summarized again by "tier".
You obviously never played anything outside of cookie cutter builds - and conversely, pistol builds are fucking shit in underrail (even after the buffs) unless they are energy, which makes them energy weapons and not pistols.

Meanwhile the amount of differences between pistols and cusom building pistols to your specific needs from bursty Hammers to silenced Hawkers and a lot in between depending on what you want. Hell we even have unique weapons, armor and utility items some which offer truly unique benefits. What exactly does FO offer again? Oh yeah, the solar scorcher. Fuck off retard.
Oh yeah, 5% increased attribute, or added belt slots, as if it makes total sense to limit the default to 2 and lock people into wasting points on more - Such amazing truly unique benefits :lol: Forcing people to wear specific armor to get specific benefits is a failure of design in multiple ways. Again, Underrail pistol builds suck cock. Why are you mad? Is it because no matter what weapon you use in Underrail the end result is the exact same every time? And speaking of weapon variety, why can't you poison or blow up NPC's without raising alarms? Even Fallout can do this.

On the tactical level, even the simplest metal armor wearing assault rifle tinman has more tactical depth than FO just because you simply that you HAVE to use at least armor piercing bullets or go crying against Dreadnaughts and the like, or at the very least have LOADS of ammo.
The same is true in Fallout. Don't tell me, you're another retard pretending to have played it?

Then there are grenades which unlike FO are NOT useless and are in fact extremely strong and offer various effects and damage types which is helpful depending on enemy type.
Since when are grenades in Fallout useless? You're slipping, and again - hello belt hell. Grenades can be boiled down to molotovs/gas for area denial and emp against robots. Congrats, only 1 worthwhile category doesn't exist in Fallout :lol: Amazing for a game 15 years newer. And if you actually use Flashbangs, you're a shit player.

This of course is just the absolute simplest build, once advanced perks like Blitz, Evasive Maneuvers, utility items like throwing nets, tasers, caldrop, energy shields, etc not to mention psionics the game changes substantially.
Sure, throwing nets, tasers and caltrops are "cool", except all of the above can be achieved with... guess what ... AIMED SHOTS --- AND --- take up your artificially limited belt.
Shields are cool - no argument there. Psi (magic) is for fags and most abilities just mimic guns without actually firing one and FYI this isn't a medieval knights & wizards game.

When those come into play FO looks like game designed for 3 year olds to successfully do combat.
Who exactly are you trying to convince? In the end Underrail is a game you can play with 1 button - mouse 1. That's less than fucking Gaylo.

Aesthetics? Underrail has great aesthetics and far more varied than the shit brown and dab grey that is prevalent in 95% of FO.
You're just coping, Underrail is 95% brown/grey metro or cave with the occasional water.

The game is very atmospheric overall and is in no way worse than Fallout.
In your opinion lmao. Without the music there's zero atmosphere, there barely any ambient noises - if any at all. You don't even have footsteps sounds since the year of our Lord 2009.

Ah death animations. Ultimately I do not care about death animations but they are the ONLY thing that the puddle deep combat in FO offers.
Again with this cope. This is a very well done feature of Fallout that even conveys difference between weapon types. It's something Underrail completely lacks. Underrail combat is basically identical to Fallout, something you would know, had you actually played it.

I do not care a flying fuck about it in a reasonably deep game like Underrail.
What exactly is deep about Underrail? Coming from a game that it was directly inspired by, all it really has is some more build variety - except most are redundant and/or already existed in Fallout, or don't even fit the setting of the game.

Also lies again, there are some variations like people shattering from ice blocks or continued burning corpses. Not that it means much but if you want to get anal about an aspect that adds ZERO to the tactical depth of a game and is just for personal gratification then I will be anal about it as well, retard.
You can be as anal as you want, you're still coping with "indie therefore i love to eat shit" and Underrail still pales in comparison to Fallout. And again this claim of "tactical depth" from a game with a basically identical combat system which you can play with nothing but mouse1.

In closing as I have already said - Underrail is closer to a beatem up/shootem up than an RPG.

In fact, I'm coining it now - Underrail is Habbo Hotel with guns.

Cope and SNEED!

The resolution doesn't matter. It's the palette that's important.
No response, except a butthurt and passive aggressive sticker, I see.

I accept your concession, zoomer :positive:

Last edited:

Beans00

Augur

Neither does mine. I also own the GOG version but I haven't played FO1 in literally 20 years, it was September 2001 when I was sailing the seven seas and had nothing else to do. But anyway, I remember the 500 day thing because people were howling about it on BBSs even back then.

Yeah and I agree, I'm not a fan of the 500 limit either but as long as you're playing with the 1.2 patch(which came out within a few months) it's removed so not an issue.

The water chip I have mixed feelings about. I generally don't like time limits but I do appreciate the sense of urgency it creates in this case. That being said I beat the game as a 7-8 year old back in the late 90's and the water chip timer has never been an issue for me.

Wrong. Animations and sound effects which create the tactile sensation are part of the combat. Fallout 2 would not have turned heads with its combat system without that tactile feedback, it's the final piece, the feedback that your build is working and killing dudes.

And now that I see someone mention it, that is part of the problem with Underrail that I never put my finger on.

Fallout 2 didn't have as much depth as it appeared to, that's true. The crit mechanics overpowered the armor mechanics, making piercing rounds worthless.

Underrail totally lacks polish, the writing is fucking terrible, the visuals are lackluster. It's a sandbox for building combat RPG characters, and it's pretty damn good at that. Fallout 1 and 2 are classics, Underrail won't be a footnote because there's nothing memorable about it.

These retarded 5 page walls of text where you respond to each and every word some other retard said is a good demonstration of the fact that good games can attract stupid fans. You're all enjoying fallout and underrail wrong go play wii bowling you fucking casuals.

You were 100% right until the last line - blame the Underrail babbies who come into a Fallout thread talking shit they can't back up.

Already got one of them to outright stop replying because he can't keep up with his own claims. :incline:

Sykar

Arcane
Wrong. Animations and sound effects which create the tactile sensation are part of the combat. Fallout 2 would not have turned heads with its combat system without that tactile feedback, it's the final piece, the feedback that your build is working and killing dudes.

And now that I see someone mention it, that is part of the problem with Underrail that I never put my finger on.

Fallout 2 didn't have as much depth as it appeared to, that's true. The crit mechanics overpowered the armor mechanics, making piercing rounds worthless.

Underrail totally lacks polish, the writing is fucking terrible, the visuals are lackluster. It's a sandbox for building combat RPG characters, and it's pretty damn good at that. Fallout 1 and 2 are classics, Underrail won't be a footnote because there's nothing memorable about it.

These retarded 5 page walls of text where you respond to each and every word some other retard said is a good demonstration of the fact that good games can attract stupid fans. You're all enjoying fallout and underrail wrong go play wii bowling you fucking casuals.

You were 100% right until the last line - blame the Underrail babbies who come into a Fallout thread talking shit they can't back up.

Already got one of them to outright stop replying because he can't keep up with his own claims. :incline:

"Someone agrees with me therefore I am right". What an utter retard you are posting nothing but drivel.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm pretty sure I tried to fail timer missions. Waterchip is easy to fail if you want. FO2 I don't know. I need to boot these up on new comp and take it for a spin.

Wasn't aware of 1.5 or any mods/patches. Last version I bought (besides GOG/Steam) was FALLOUT TRILOGY
200854-fallout-trilogy-windows-front-cover.png

Then my old box computer had its own fallout as the power box burnt out and fried the mother board and the hard drive. It destroyed the second DVD drive causing it to spin and wreck my hellgate london dvd before finally POPPING and smoking. Huzzah... that sucked.

Quigs

Magister
But it is 500 days long . . . far longer than most people need to complete the game. So why have it?

It's an invisible punishment for people who rest heal, giving first aid more of a use. Since you're not really properly informed of the timer, it plays more like a "Fuck you for playing the game wrong."

"Someone agrees with me therefore I am right". What an utter retard you are posting nothing but drivel.
No actual response then - you CONSNEED to the chad Fallout gamer. Funny how a "retard" somehow got the better of you in a verbal joust :mixedemotions:

That's 2 points to Fallout and ZERO to Habbo Hotel with guns :dance:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No response, except a butthurt and passive aggressive sticker, I see.

I accept your concession, zoomer :positive:
lol.
It's literally impossible to cope harder than with "works on my machine" which in this case really just boils down to "because i say so".
And yes, I can call Underrails UI shit - deal with it
The issue isn't about it working on my machine you complete and utter animal. The issue is that you have INFERIOR GENETICS. I can guarantee I wouldn't have a problem seeing the icons on your machine or any other. Work on your reading comprehension faggot.
The height of cope - completely refusing to deal with the subject matter - because you can't. The fact is you got BTFO with your own criticism used against you. If what I said was drivel, so was yours.
I directly addressed the subject matter with the quote I posted after. Holy fuck you're stupid. This is why I ignored your post. If you can't even understand the basic english language well enough to put my argument together, I'm not going to sit here and do it for you, only to explain why your counter argument is also shit. You're so fucking stupid I can't even argue with you correctly.
Posting games with garish, headache inducing graphics composed of 3 near-neon colors and a photoshopped real image no-nuke apocalypse isn't doing you any favors.
Dune and Dark Sun are lauded Adventure/RPG's. It's not my fault you have shit taste. And they're only headache inducing because your mother drank during your pregnancy. As for you bitching about a no-nuke apocalypse, it is proven in the game world that plants grow (NCR farms, Arroyo, etc). So if plants can grow there, why not across the wasteland? And whether or not plants can grow, does that effect the natural color that is plentiful in deserts due to mineral and rock properties? Cope harder for why your game looks like shit.
Do not use the bullshit excuse of Underrail taking place in a dull subway to excuse its shit color scheme.
Underrail has a great color scheme, it's not my fault you have shit taste.
Thanks for your headcanon, but it is literally one of the most aesthetically unsatisfying games of the past decade+.
Thanks for your headcannon. Kek, see how easy that was?
And there's colorful places in Fallout - you can stop stating the obvious, you never actually played 1 or 2. No wonder why, you can't stand an rpg that forces you to actually read in order to progress.
There are colorful places sure, but they're few and far between. And the issue isn't color necessarily, but how poorly the desert areas in Fallout are executed. Which I've already stated several times. Work on your reading comprehension faggot.
Literal zoomer murderhobo fanboy has the audacity to complain when he's part of the most autistic nu-rpg fanbase :lol: I love how you pretend all your critiques are valid whereas mine are invalid - you've yet to actually refute a single one, and you've straight up ignored plenty of mine. Such is the way of butthurt fanboys. Thanks for listing "reasons" you can't actually put words to - almost like they don't exist and possibly also exist in Underrail.
Lol. I literally quote posted each of your arguments and responded to them in turn. Point to a single argument I "ignored". And when I answer them, I answer them correctly and don't mischaracterize or hand wave them away like you do.
If it's so plentiful and makes expedition worth playing, how come you are unable to actually mention the passages? It's almost like you can't because they weren't memorable. But that's cool, you'd rather, in your ignorance, lean on what other people say because you can't back your own shit up. Again, unlike you i actually played the games we're discussing - this is getting embarrasing for you.
You absolute cretin, I can pull up tons of passages and go in depth into the lore. Me claiming they're in the forums was a reference to my claim that the lore was plentiful and interesting to many people, as well as complex/hidden enough to warrant discussion. Do you ever ask God why he hated you so much to make you as dumb as he did?
Can you prove that you fully understood the lore by the end of the first playthrough without having to look anything up or ask anyone else? This is just another one of your baseless claims. Again, you can't actually name any of the "amazing" passages, all you did was namedrop some vague concepts. And actually - that's exactly what it means. The game is full of so many inconsequential murderhobo zones that I can't blame anyone for not wanting to explore all that much - especially the deep caverns where you start off punished so hard just for existing in it.
I don't need to fully understand the lore after the first playthrough, that's part of the reason why it's so fucking great. Did I understand the basic lore behind Old Biocorp, how the Deep Caverns came to be, where the Faceless and Tchort came from, and other fundemental lore elements to the game? Of course I fucking did. It's the more in depth stuff that you need to go out of your way to look for as well as the stuff that is expanded upon in the recent game updates and expansion that is what makes the world building and lore's executing so fucking great. You're strawmanning someone that isn't there, and I feel bad that I'm wasting my time with a senile imbecile like you.
Can you name any significant ones without looking anything up? Preferably something that isn't just the same outcome but with a different faction name to it (ie. every fucking choice in the game). After all, the writing is so amazing.
I don't have to look shit up, nor did I have to look anything up for your previous "requests". You'll handwave these away but I will not let it be said that I'm not patient when it comes to working with special needs people.
Dungeons
GMS Compound, Lemurian Grand Archive, Mind Cracker, Arke Power Station, Joint Security Command Center, Lemurian Health Center, Abandoned Waterway Facility, Rathound King's Lair, Ironhead's Camp, Utility Station 6

Quests
Black Eel vs Scrapper, Evelyn Ingram, all the Oculus quests (Protectorate Embassy, Ohad Xander, Lennox Pierce, Everard), Lemurian Health Center, Save Professor Oldfield, get into Research and Development Zone, confront the Acid Hunters (depends on Oligarch you're with), find the train

Given the obvious fact that you clearly had to look these names and locations up and then copypasted them straight from the wiki - I rest my case :lol: Even if that weren't the case, you didn't mention a single thing that was actually interesting there.

Again you've obviously wiki'd most of this list, but anyway:
You asked me to list interesting characters and locations, so I listed them lmfao. Oh I'm supposed to spoon feed to you why they're amazing? Presumably you've played the game, obviously I have, so why wouldn't I wait for you to tell me why they're shit before elaborating further. But no, handwave them away, since it's much harder to handwave away locations than characters.
Literally 'le gruff marine badass' one dimensional personality
As if that means they can't be memorable or interesting. Not an argument.
Already granted Oculus was interesting
No characters are interesting, except for those ones over there. But they don't count! 'k.
One dimensional retard who somehow didn't realize he could negotiate until the plot armored Gary stu player character arrived and passed some speech checks
Except he's not one dimensional. Clearly never sided with the Pirates. This is why I didn't bother wasting my time speaking with you. Everything you say comes from a disingenuous and misinformed place. Also, ever heard of negotiating from a place of strength? Fuck you're dumb.
Just an exposition style lore dumper, one dimensional gruff a la Gorsky
He's obviously not one dimensional as he has a massive dialogue tree built into discussing his philosophy in the world which is well written and pulls concepts and ideas from real life philosophy concepts. Not only did you not make an argument, you also outright said some shit that was wrong.
A caveman, need I say more?
Not a caveman, he just speaks a different language then you. Clearly has understanding of abstract concepts and is more intelligent than the average Codexer lmfao, as you're showing me right now. Not an argument also.
Le reddit weed guy (probably based on The Big Bang) who arbitrarily walks you across the map and leads you to - guess what - a murderhobo/ball crushing stealth sequence (and oh boy, is Underrail stealth terrible) alternate reality with writing straight out of reddit.
Nope. More like
Old Biocorp Technorat that has unlocked the secrets of immortality and interdimensional travel.
Oh, you didn't get to that part yet? Next he's going to say that this was hidden and could never be found unless you autistically went out looking for it. You'd be wrong there too. Not even going to waste my time addressing the bit about Underrail's stealth being terrible since it's one of the best implementations of stealth in an RPG.
More content you have no way of knowing it exists unless you spoiler yourself? :lol: And actually locks you out of finishing the game - nice one.
No characters are interesting, except for those ones over there. But they don't count! 'k. Oh, the content locks you out of the games main ending and forces you to a different one? How's that for choice and consequence bitch. Oh, and there are very overt hints to this content existing, which you'd know if it wasn't for that shit reading comprehension that I've already discussed.
Very minor character in a shitty, shitty quest
He is present in more quests than just the Foundry. More proof that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Cringe minor joke character part of the retarded Antifa Underrail chapter
You say cringe, I say breath of fresh air and a great moment of world building. Not my fault you have shit taste. And whether or not a character is memorable has nothing to do with how big of an impact they had on the plot.
No characters are interesting, except for those ones over there. But they don't count! 'k.
Le lovable retard whos only contribution is being a merchant with way, way too much inconsequential flavor text (in fact, that's most of the characters in the game)
Contribution? You asked for memorable characters. And he has plenty of contributions. Getting you onto the Expedition for one, helping you fight on Jet Ski's being another, as well as humanizing the otherwise militant Aegis camp. And again, one small one liner does not count as an argument lmfao. Didn't go into detail onto why the character was bad or why what he said was dumb/bad.
Literally WHO
Should've done the JKK questline. Was super memorable and many people have asked about her and hoped she'd be brought back into the game in a later update. If you knew the character you'd say "one minor character in a few quests" or some other drivel. As if the minor characters aren't critical to adding to a game's memorability and charm.
>Le epic naruto ninja dude, so badass lol
He's not only memorable because he's a badass or he uses a Katana. Those are parts of why he's memorable, but he's also great because of the way he adds to the world building of Underrail and makes the player appreciate the world's large scope, as well as for how he ambushes you. It's very well done. Oh, and his sword is a key part for some builds to, making him memorable on sheer basis of that fact alone.
>Le crazy widow with average female physical build who magically overpowers you and has somehow operated without anyone finding anything out
If you're not someone that engages in physical hand to hand combat, just woke up form a drug induced stupor that was probably dosed to the max, and are naked with no weapon, it's very likely that you're going to be "overpowered". Let's put you in that same situation, I'd love to see you gutted from groin to neck. And as for her operating without anyone finding out, the Foundry is a massive station with many travelers in and out, as well as a large male work force that work long hours without necessarily having a family. It's very easy to imagine how in a world like Underrail she'd operate as a serial killer for so long, especially considering the bunker she has to hide her victims. Also, didn't give an argument as for why she's memorable or not. Do you think you adding Le in front of some generic half correct description to these characters constitutes an argument?
Literally a retarded puzzle gatekeeping a quest item
It was a great puzzle executed very well, and he has much more relevance than just his status of being a puzzle. If you solve the puzzle optimally, you get to determine the course of his life, and it's a great example of C&C as well as world reactivity in the game. I also love how you didn't say a single thing about the character.
>Rahhh, i hate all humans over there because ...... i hate them !! and there shall be no reconciliation because i am a crazy killerguy! FEAR ME !! and fetch me some pussy XD
Except you can reconcile the two factions...you definitely didn't play the game did you? Or is this just another case of your fetal alcohol syndrome effecting your reading comprehension? He also explains why he hates the Camp Hathor humans. He obviously doesn't hate all humans as he lets you fucking live when you first seem him for fucks sake.
Magic Unexplained Exposition loredump, redditstyle: The character
He's a humorous character that is vital in a lot of quests when you get stuck, as well as provides a way to progress in the Oculus quests. "ReDdIt" that's how you sound attaching that word to every other fucking character when it does nothing to merit it.
>Invented the underrail equivalent of Klingon... so interesting
He's a very funny character and again adds to the world building of Underrail. It's these minor characters that are critical to making a game interesting, diverse, and in depth.
Congrats, you only named 1 character who is actually interesting outside of Oculus. Again all you've done is list off names without adding any kind of substance to them. I guess you don't remember them outside of the time you spend wikiing their names up.

I mean really, when I said gripping I meant objectively well written and engaging - not what passes for Mega Cool/Based by the Rick n morty generation. The fact that you think even half the list deserved a mention for "interesting character" shows why you can't stand Fallout - you actually have to read stuff and can't just pass off random inconsequential characters whose dialog was written by some freshman.
I didn't need to wiki anything and don't be butthurt because your I easily named a shit ton of characters and locations. As for your claim about "well written and engaging", who's the reddit tier guy now? I'd love to hear how Ian from Fallout 1 or Sulik from Fallout 2 were extremely well written and engaging.
Congrats, this is nothing unique to Underrail.
And this is a point that can be said for any good RPG that has a great sense of progression. It's inherent to the RPG genre itself.
No you can't, this is merely implied
No you literally can. The game talks about the factions and cities you ally yourself with and against. It also talks about your impact on the other cities of Underrail.
That's so cool you were allowed to alpha test the new content - Oh wait, that's all implied too. Is it really that easy to appease zoomer retards with a "JOIN US NEXT TIME ON UNDERRAIL"? Again, you don't get to keep the cube that you chased the entire game, no resolution with Hadrian or any deeper knowledge about Godmen except they're cringey assholes who somehow need a mere mortals interference despite being able to teleport at will, instakill anything and wear perfect disguises. TERRIBLE writing.
Lmao. In Fallout 1 your character is outcast to wander the desert. You don't get to drink the water from that chip you chased the entire game and you never have any resolution with the state of your vault. Terrible writing. Your arguments are so shit the counter arguments write themselves. It's not uncommon for RPGs to end hinting at a further story or another game. That doesn't mean the actual plot contained within the game is unsatisfactory, even if it hints to more in the future.
You mean besides saving the Vault and everyone in it you care about?
LOL. The vault you never got to go inside or see? The people you never got to talk to or care about? Oh, just because my character does, me the person is supposed to?
And anyway, how is that "by my logic"? Don't tell me, you're a "the journey was the destination" kind of homo
Reading comprehension faggot. Go back and read what I wrote and I pray you'll be able to piece how FO1 is similar to your critique regarding Underrail.
Except you are - you said you found nothing special about the game and simultaneously shoot yourself in the foot since Underrail is literally based on it, and many systems are basically identical.
Every point you've made about Underrail so far, to me at least, has been about Underrail's writing, characters, setting etc. You never once made a point about its combat, and you only barely started talking about stealth in this fucking post I'm replying to right now. Meanwhile, when I shit on Fallout, I shit on its GAMEPLAY systems directly and the art. I didn't mention the writing or world building once. Hence my point.
Underrail is Fallout with shitter writing and possibly as much as 95% of the game is either unskippable combat or ball crushing stealth that requires a DIFFERENT FUCKING EXPERIENCE SYSTEM. I critique the game for its absolutely trash gameplay.
Lmao, the stealth isn't ball crushing. It's the perfect amount of forgiving and difficult to give a balanced experience that makes it rewarding and untrivial. As for the game having unskippable combat, many RPGs have that, that doesn't count as a proper critique.
The "absolute mindmelt" is complete when you call Fallouts main quest a "glorified fetch quest" which is exactly what the Cube in Underrail is.
Kek so they're both fetch quests. Now find the post in this thread where I shit on Fallout's main quest? If Underrail has a shit main quest where you just fetch a cube, than what does that make Fallout 1? I was shitting on Fallout's gameplay systems and art, you brought up plot points. Mongoloid.
Often parroted suicide watch tier cope by Bethestards and Underrail zoomers. I bet you've never even been to NMA
Lol confirmed. Too easy to spot.
You guys literally can't handle criticism of Underrail even after you've just gotten done slinging shit on other games, you either resort to projection and/or insults and just ignore the criticisms straight up because you know responding is a losing venture - All of which you've done here.
Except I haven't. But 'k.
I also love when jaded retards like you say boomer as if it's some sort of insult. I mean come on, do you even think twice before you hit Post Reply? Don't accuse people of shit you do yourself unless you want to look like a butthurt bitch. Also thanks for the hilarious attempted lifemog cope, you just lost your shit you sperg :lol::lol::lol:
Lol, but it's true. Plenty of people here have seen me and can vouch for the fact that I'm handsome, buff, successful, and could kill you with my bare hands. Ask around if you don't want to take my word for it lmao. People like this always talk shit, but when I say let's compare torso's they always keep their mouth fucking shut. What, don't want people to see the fact that you're either a fat sack of shit or a weak, shriveled excuse for a man? You being a boomer isn't the insult, you being a boomer that actually wastes his time shitposting on an internet forum is the insult lmfao.
Again, you're just listing things off without substance, and your "great character list" is riddled with very cringey and inconsequential reddit characters.
Cringe and inconsequential as said by you with little reasoning behind any of it. And I listen things because I'm not going to write a book about all this shit when you've barely shown enough reading comprehension to understand when I'm insulting you.
"It's not missable" t. someone who already knows it exists lmfao.
I know it exists because I caught it in my first playthrough lmfao. Cope harder.
If being forced to kill over 9000 mooks or drag your balls through broken glass and >Le stealth with an alternate XP system floats your boat, just fucking play call of duty at that point.
People use Oddity almost always, whether they're playing a build with stealth or not. The fact that you misinterpreted that shows to me that you're retarded. And I guess IWD is Call of Duty then.
Yeah cool, savescum city here I come! Gosh I love picking up oddities that require tons of metagaming to even collect - even when I know where they are, which I don't unless I - guess what - LOOK THEM UP! Just rename Underrail to Wikipedia 2.0
Lol. Yeah because everyone who plays Underrail opens up the wiki and goes through all the oddities locations. Oh wait, there's more than enough oddities to hit max level, so you would never need to metagame since you'll level up just by going through the game's main story naturally? Ah forget I said anything then. And also ignore the fact that there is a classic XP system which has nothing to do with oddities that can be played.
Except that's not all, you're massively minimizing - There's a staggering amount of mook killing required. In fact, it's one of the main criticisms! You know, those things that make your ears red? It's barely an rpg outside of leveling up. In fact, Underrail is closer to a beatem up than RPG.
Yeah, all those IE RPGs, or those action RPGs that people love to gush about have no "mook killing". You're so fucking dumb.
Of course you'd cope and say this, since all you get is your beloved banana peel slip x9000 :lol: "I just love eating shit, please master give me more!" "Games don't have to have good writing or content, as long as I can see my big numbers!"
The utter state of Underrail zoomies, fucking depressing.
Nah, the death animations are just shit and annoying. They do nothing for me. I did not even pay attention to them playing through FO1 & 2 and didn't know they were something people actually looked or cared about until I read forum posts lmao.
I spoilered my response because this really isn't worth reading since it reads like Helen Keller's therapy lessons when she was first getting started. Please don't mistake my lack of willpower for an inability to respond, I just can't be arsed to talk to someone as absolutely mind numbingly stupid as you are. Admittedly you did get me to waste my time by responding to this drivel you managed to vomit onto your page, presumably while your mouth was open gasping for air the whole time, but I think that's more a testament to my patience than anything else. You already proved how stupid you are and how shit your argument is by opening your mouth.

I spoilered my response because this really isn't worth reading since it reads like Helen Keller's therapy lessons when she was first getting started.
And I might actually take the time to read it and respond even though you bitched out with a tantrum like a 5 y/o :)

Please don't mistake my lack of willpower for an inability to respond, I just can't be arsed to talk to someone as absolutely mind numbingly stupid as you are.
Aww since you ask so nicely, I'll pretend I didn't completely destroy you with my violent torpedoes of Truth. Funny though how you keep insulting me in ways that blow back on you :stupid:

Admittedly you did get me to waste my time by responding to this drivel you managed to vomit onto your page, presumably while your mouth was open gasping for air the whole time, but I think that's more a testament to my patience than anything else. You already proved how stupid you are and how shit your argument is by opening your mouth.
Hey buddy, you started all of this, and then I had to goad you into trying to finish it. I really do wonder how I can be "so stupid" yet manage to make you lose your shit and seethe about how "my video game is better than yours" - even though yours is derived from mine and has less features :lol:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bitched out with a tantrum like a 5 y/o :)
Lol. Ignoring your post and then responding to it in the same tone I had in my first response is "ThRoWiNg A tAnTrUm". Not surprised you don't know what a tantrum is. No wife and no kids to have any experience with one in real life kek.
Aww since you ask so nicely, I'll pretend I didn't completely destroy you with my violent torpedoes of Truth.
Torpedoes of truth? Are those anything like those torpedoes of cock you fantasize about taking every night? Mhm, cool story though.
Hey buddy, you started all of this, and then I had to goad you into trying to finish it.
Lol, and where is that response faggot? I wonder if you can muster up anything short of surface level insults, opinions, and outright false facts based on fantasy.
I really do wonder how I can be "so stupid" yet manage to make you lose your shit and seethe about how "my video game is better than yours" - even though yours is derived from mine and has less features :lol:
I love when people hide behind "YoU mAd BrO". No one's mad, and you're still retarded. Keep coping though. You ain't got much else to live for so if this shit carries you through the week so you don't blow your brains out or jump off a building, be my guest.

Codex Year of the Donut
bitched out with a tantrum like a 5 y/o :)
Lol. Ignoring your post and then responding to it in the same tone I had in my first response is "ThRoWiNg A tAnTrUm". Not surprised you don't know what a tantrum is. No wife and no kids to have any experience with one in real life kek.
Aww since you ask so nicely, I'll pretend I didn't completely destroy you with my violent torpedoes of Truth.
Torpedoes of truth? Are those anything like those torpedoes of cock you fantasize about taking every night? Mhm, cool story though.
Hey buddy, you started all of this, and then I had to goad you into trying to finish it.
Lol, and where is that response faggot? I wonder if you can muster up anything short of surface level insults, opinions, and outright false facts based on fantasy.
I really do wonder how I can be "so stupid" yet manage to make you lose your shit and seethe about how "my video game is better than yours" - even though yours is derived from mine and has less features :lol:
I love when people hide behind "YoU mAd BrO". No one's mad, and you're still retarded. Keep coping though. You ain't got much else to live for so if this shit carries you through the week so you don't blow your brains out or jump off a building, be my guest.
why are you mad?

Sorry son, but Daddy doesn't have time for you right now. You must be patient ...:hmmm:

Sykar

Arcane
No actual response then - you CONSNEED to the chad Fallout gamer. Funny how a "retard" somehow got the better of you in a verbal joust :mixedemotions:

That's 2 points to Fallout and ZERO to Habbo Hotel with guns :dance:

I have no idea what you were, or still are, smoking but you have zero arguments, you might wanna lay down that pipe bozo, it is not doing you any good. Ultimately the mental diarrhea that you spew all over this forum boils down to "Me no likez Underrailz, thärforz itz badz herp derp". Come back to me when you have an actual argument as to why Fallout has better combat than Underrail. I will be waiting, forever since there is no argument as you have so aptly proven by your empty drivel over the past few pots, dipshit.

I have no idea what you were, or still are, smoking but you have zero arguments, you might wanna lay down that pipe bozo, it is not doing you any good. Ultimately the mental diarrhea that you spew all over this forum boils down to "Me no likez Underrailz, thärforz itz badz herp derp". Come back to me when you have an actual argument as to why Fallout has better combat than Underrail. I will be waiting, forever since there is no argument as you have so aptly proven by your empty drivel over the past few pots, dipshit.
Sorry sissy boy, but claiming someone made "zero arguments" doesn't actually make it so. Come back to me when you have an actual argument as to why Underrail has better combat than Fallout. I will be waiting, forever since there is no argument as you have so aptly proven by your empty drivel over the past few pots, dipshit.
The Habbo Hotel with gunz fandom isn't sending their best :lol:

Sykar

Arcane
Sorry sissy boy, but claiming someone made "zero arguments" doesn't actually make it so. Come back to me when you have an actual argument as to why Underrail has better combat than Fallout. I will be waiting, forever since there is no argument as you have so aptly proven by your empty drivel over the past few pots, dipshit.
The Habbo Hotel with gunz fandom isn't sending their best :lol:

"NO U", is that the best you can come up with, you intellectually bancrupt imbecile? I already made my arguments, you have yet to make an actual argument to show how Fallout is "better". Of course like all disingenuous dimwitted dumbfucks all you can do is do the pigeon move and pretend victory. Why should anyone take you seriously agian, little soycuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom