Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 interview at Shacknews

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
taxacaria said:
thxs

omg
action combat system...levelling...dumbed down char system...
sounds like Oblivion - are that Todd's visions of Fallout?
No, here is Todd's vision:
"...one of the most original and violent titles ever and will be set in a familiar US city."
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5285

taxacaria

Scholar
one of the most...violent titles ever...
... horror...
Fallout as bloody horror shooter to stand against S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? weird ideas
'his' great sun googles vision is to identify the game as a Fallout game , I suppose.
sounds like : Fallout III - Todd's Chainsaw Massacre Trip
don't know what he's smoking...

Zomg

Arbiter
Some Beth guy said:
Outside of the obvious flavor and setting, the number one thing is stronger characters. Fallout really set the standard for me on believable people, good dialogue, and character choice and consequence.

What's it like to see one of your own critical memes boil up into PR? I'm hoping "spreadsheet autism" becomes part of the canon.

User was nabbed fit

Speaking of Fallout, is it being handled by essentially the same team as the Elder Scrolls team?

The answer to that really has to be yes, because we just have one team.

Have you spoken at all to the original creators of the franchise--who from what I know already had less complete involvement with Fallout 2 than with the first game--in any capacity?

We have, on an individual basis. ... But at the same time, if we're going to move forward, we're really going to have to move forward. We can't just say, "Well, let's ask these guys what they think." As Fallout fans and guys who make roleplaying games and have for over a decade, we have pretty good ideas about what we want to do and how to do it.

We're fucked, officially.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Fallout 3 became fucked since the retarded duo got their dirty little pawns on it.

Anybody that still believes something good is gonna come out of this unholy union is delusional

Zomg

Arbiter
It's... almost as though he left it vague and open to any interpretation. Is it that it isn't a "locked" decision in some technical sense? Is it a multiple choice camera system? Is it in the X-Com engine, and while you play a Gollop gives you a backrub?

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Briosafreak said:
I'll ask this again:

Given my assertion that

First person and Real Time combat are locked, there's no way to change that

Desslock from PCGamer, that went to the Beth headquarters had this to say:

Quote:
All I'll say is that you are wrong.

What does this mean?

I'm guessing it mean that, like Oblivion and Morrowind before it, Fallout 3 will allow you to switch to 3rd person.

Briosafreak said:
I'll ask this again:

Given my assertion that

Quote:

What does this mean?
Saint_Proverbius is alive! Who cares?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Briosafreak said:
I'll ask this again:

Briosafreak said:
Given my assertion that

Briosafreak said:

Desslock said:
What does this mean?
It could mean they're simply not locked in yet and that Bethesda are attempting to toy with other perspectives (before failing miserably and going back to 1st person and real-time combat). I'll only believe that when I see it though. But given their attitude towards Star Trek fans, whatever it means could end up being irrelevant if every Fallout site is going to be blacklisted if other aspects of the game are shitty. After all, isometric view-style and turn-based combat are only 2 things out of several that Bethesda needs to "get right" in order to make Fallout 3 even remotely acceptable to the hardcore fans. It would however, be a step in the right direction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom