Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Norfleet

You SAY that you do those 4 things, but that's pretty much the thing I never actually saw you doing. It seems as if you do everything BUT those things.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
And one more time I ask myself- is being modder predesposition for being batshit insane or it goes other way around?
As a modder, I can tell you that batshit insanity is a prerequisite for the job. Sanity would be adapting yourself to fit your environment. Insanity is adapting the environment to fit you. Therefore, all progress depends on insanity.
Sooo.. if I'm unable to finish any of my mods that means I'm not insane enough? That good news or bad?

Hexer's business is completely unrelated to Van Buren, just to point out again. He's just planning on putting the money from there into the mod (and lemme tell you, getting good artists that work completely for free is quite a thing, and at least one of our planned music guys also wanted to be paid).
Not he is one that can be sued but ones that he will give moneys. Getting moneys for something that is copyrighted isn't good idea. Trust me, I have 9 years of experience in selling shitty art to stupid people.
and lemme tell you, getting good artists that work completely for free is quite a thing
And you need those artist for...? IMO biggest problem of this project is that it's fan-project and you have no budget. In the result you are wasting resources and time on last important things that should be scrapped or put on last place on list if it was commercial project.
and at least one of our planned music guys also wanted to be paid
You have enough music to live without this one guy's music.
Wasting time on making art assets & other redundant shit is one thing (that I enjoy to watch and laugh at), but what you are doing is other thing and it's painfull to look at.
That's my opinion, but nobody is going to listen to me anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Good to know, I'm not much of a legal expert on this sort of hassle and it's not my thing on the project. And yea we did get all the music we needed at least for now from other people, good music too.

And no, we aren't wasting time around art and assets and all that, the main work being done was getting everything we do have into something that looks and functions like something that looks like a game before starting work on further things. I can only really speak of the stuff like artists and music and whatnot because for the most part that's who I work loosely with in my function as something of a writer (since most of us really start working after the technical people get things into working condition and our game can be stepped up). And it was quite a pity how some of the artists quit, since we had good talent there.

Also I should point out that our design principle has always been to replace budget with style, by doing things in a way that looks classy and nice but doesn't require a lot of resources; that's the big reason why we need good artists and why while tech people work on setting up I and the other writers put our smart heads together with art people.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What exactly do you need the artists for ? Just use the already existent FO assets. You're writing about some special crap that needs a specific model ? Don't. Scrap that and use something that is available.
Don't tell me you want artists for concept art. If you're so desperate bust St. Toxic's balls to provide some.

Vaarna_Aarne

What exactly do you need the artists for ? Just use the already existent FO assets. You're writing about some special crap that needs a specific model ? Don't. Scrap that and use something that is available.
Don't tell me you want artists for concept art. If you're so desperate bust St. Toxic's balls to provide some.
Patience, you will see.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Patience, you will see.
Taking heads. You want goddamned talking heads, right ?

You bastards, I can't say anything if that's the case. I'm all gushy for talking heads :oops:

Vaarna_Aarne

Patience, you will see.
Taking heads. You want goddamned talking heads, right ?

You bastards, I can't say anything if that's the case. I'm all gushy for talking heads :oops:
It'll be so cool.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
badnews3.gif

hexer

Bros, just to clarify - I didn't take the pause from Van Buren because of InXile's tradermark, but ONLY because of my business. I just found out about the trademark 10 minutes ago and don't know what to think of it...
We haven't been contacted by anyone but in case they're developing the game on their own, it would be cool if they would check out what we plan to do. We're just fans, not some boogeymen. In any case, I wish them the best.

Norfleet

Hell, who needs Fallout? I figure Cleveology alone provides enough material for a game. You could set the game easily in the Cleveological Mythos instead.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
S5yMTuE.jpg

:troll:
I know you guys wanted it to be released in 2015-early 2016 but I belive 2018-2019 is more accurate prediction. Still long before Mutant Rising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom