Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Choices in Skyrim:
You can do this quest... or... you can not do it!
FREEDOM FUCK YEAH
Still more freedom than Mass Effect 1.

Fuckface: Here's a quest, Shepard.
Shepard: I don't want it.
Fuckface: Well, take it anyway.
Shepard: I said--
Fuckface: Too late. It's in your quest journal now!
Shepard: Gah!
Fuckface: At BioWare, we never want the player to miss out on exciting things!

:bro:

And thus Shepard is forced into buttsex&emotionalengaging, while restrained and surrounded by midgets and... (you get the idea).

Shadenuat

Arcane
People at Bethesda's art department, level design, environmental plot or whatever you call that, they are talented and well-payed.
People's chairs who's job should be giving player a logical goal to explore all that and to tie it to the plot are occupied by packets of potato, nuts and coke.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
People at Bethesda's art department, level design, environmental plot or whatever you call that, they are talented and well-payed.
People's chairs who's job should be giving player a logical goal to explore all that and to tie it to the plot are occupied by packets of potato, nuts and coke.

You know this from a source?

If you wanted to pay for talent, you have to multiply it by years in production schedule. Ten people with an extra $50000 a year adds to up to a few million at the end of production.

Also, they discovered with Morrowind that while a lot of people bought the game, very few actually played it when they discovered how complex it was. So cheaping out on the writers etc... is actually an investment for Zenimax.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, they discovered with Morrowind that while a lot of people bought the game, very few actually played it when they discovered how complex it was.

wat

How did they even discover that? A few forum posts by retarded idiots who couldn't find Caius Cosades?

Kahlis

Cipher
I thought we were fine until Bethesda started developing the Morrowind Xbox port. You read the developer logs from that time and you can see Todd Howard's gradual corruption as he starts talking about how much he loves playing the game with a controller all of a sudden. I think Ken Rolston also said that Morrowind's main quest dragged on too mcuh, hence why he decided to go into the opposite direction with Oblivion's. Of course since he's behind Lamealur, I don't know how we should distribute the blame on Bethesda's designers anymore.

wat

How did they even discover that? A few forum posts by retarded idiots who couldn't find Caius Cosades?
Pretty sure...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Did they? Posts on the internet don't tell an entire picture. Just look at the Steam stats and you'll see that thousands of people still play New Vegas at once every day and Fallout 3 doesn't even rank.

NV requires Steam. FO3 doesn't.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
What is inherently wrong with RT combat is that it (in 99% cases) eliminates thinking and relies on reflexes.

No, that's what's wrong with shit design, not RT. Guild Wars is RT and its combat system is superior to just about every other RPG, RT or TB that I've played.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
It just doesn't work. It's feels like shit, because it's not built on a first-person shooter engine and it's painfully obvious. Bloodlines and Deus Ex were, so at least they didn't have that problem.

Bloodlines combat was much shittier than FO3/NV despite being made on a FPS engine. It felt like it was designed and coded by 5 year olds.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Well, since this thread's supposed to be about Fallout 4, I stumbled on this on the wiki (not sure if posted):

Not much is known about the setting of Fallout 4 so far. When asked to give hints as to the setting of the next Fallout game, Jason Bergman said (translated from Norwegian), "You'll get no tips from me. But the Mojave Wasteland was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?".[1]

Well, since this thread's supposed to be about Fallout 4, I stumbled on this on the wiki (not sure if posted):

Not much is known about the setting of Fallout 4 so far. When asked to give hints as to the setting of the next Fallout game, Jason Bergman said (translated from Norwegian), "You'll get no tips from me. But the Mojave Wasteland was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?".[1]

While it would be a nice bitchslap to Fallout 3 fantards if Bethesda turned their back on that East Coast abomination and acknowledged New Vegas as being *the* Fallout 3 that's worth continuing, Bethesda adhering to/affecting New Vegas in any way with their imbecilic ideas and shitty exectuion would be the biggest :rage: since that KOTOR 2 retcon.

I don't want them do anything (probably shitty retcons for their retarded fanbase) with any single thing on the West Coast:decline:

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
I hope Bethesda focuses on the Midwest. It'd be very intriguing to see how they can retard the plot of tactics further.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

While it would be a nice bitchslap to Fallout 3 fantards if Bethesda turned their back on that East Coast abomination and acknowledged New Vegas as being *the* Fallout 3 that's worth continuing, Bethesda adhering to/affecting New Vegas in any way with their imbecilic ideas and shitty exectuion would be the biggest :rage: since that KOTOR 2 retcon.

I don't want them do anything (probably shitty retcons for their retarded fanbase) with any single thing on the West Coast:decline:
BRO IF BETHESDUH MAKES IT IT WILL BE FAILOUT 4 IF OBSHITIAN MAKES IT IT WILL BE FAGOUT 4

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
You start off in your mother's womb, navigating your way toward the exit. For the first time in your life, you see a natural light.

Then you have your 16th birthday party together with your tightly-knit group of other Down Syndrome sufferers, and eventually wander out into the wasteland.

There, you will go into your first town, UltraGas, which was built on top of a volcano. The sheriff, Raluka Romero, will meet you with open arms, because she's bored.

On your journey, you will tune into the classic radio hijinks of Magix Superfly, a radio host with an attitude.

You will have an inevitable encounter with Knights Of The Roundtable, who believe in miniguns.

You will see many wanders of the post-nuclear universe that you would've never imagined: such as vampires, and children that can withstand a nuclear blast.

It will be truly a journey to remember.

In the end you'll fight a robot dragon or something.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Are people trolling or they are serious about ''New vegas is the same shit as fallout3 becuz its not turn-based'' or ''Fallout had shitty combat system'' ?
Omg where am i?

GaemzDood

Educated
You start off in your mother's womb, navigating your way toward the exit. For the first time in your life, you see a natural light.

Then you have your 16th birthday party together with your tightly-knit group of other Down Syndrome sufferers, and eventually wander out into the wasteland.

There, you will go into your first town, UltraGas, which was built on top of a volcano. The sheriff, Raluka Romero, will meet you with open arms, because she's bored.

On your journey, you will tune into the classic radio hijinks of Magix Superfly, a radio host with an attitude.

You will have an inevitable encounter with Knights Of The Roundtable, who believe in miniguns.

You will see many wanders of the post-nuclear universe that you would've never imagined: such as vampires, and children that can withstand a nuclear blast.

It will be truly a journey to remember.

In the end you'll fight a robot dragon or something.
Fallout 4: Lore Rape Adventure, marketed by :hearnoevil: to :patriot:. Now with less RPG elements then ever, everyone including Johnny Xbox can play it now & still consider it an RPG.

Now I wait.....:mob:

Kahlis

Cipher
Fallout 4: Lore Rape Adventure, marketed by :hearnoevil: to :patriot:. Now with less RPG elements then ever, everyone including Johnny Xbox can play it now & still consider it an RPG.
Well it's pretty obvious from how Skyrim turned out that Bethesda learned absolutely nothing from New Vegas. Remember, these are the imbeciles who refused to pay Obsidian even a lick of royalties from the game because it got an 84 on Metacritic instead of 85, and we all know how informed and worldly the reviewers on there are.

"METASCORE OF 84?! We have nothing to learn from these proles. Let's play Bioshock 2 instead, I bet we'll get some great lessons in RPG design from that!"

1049579-todd_howard_super.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane
Oh I can see it now, Bethshitsta taking FNV and "fixing" it by catering to morons who actually think F3 is the superior game and complain about this "fact".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom