Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They did hint at the commonwealth, like they hinted at Cyrodiil in Morrowind. Who knows though, Skyrim was kind of random.

I definitely support keeping Bethesda FO games on the East coast though.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
They did hint at the commonwealth, like they hinted at Cyrodiil in Morrowind. Who knows though, Skyrim was kind of random.

o_O

They didn't hint at Cyrodil in Morrowind, they fleshed out the lore for the province in Morrowind and previous games.

Or are you saying that they hinted the next game would be set in Cyrodil?

And why do you support Bethesda keeping east coast? You enjoy their take on Fallout or you don't want them to rape the west coast like they did the east?

o_O

They didn't hint at Cyrodil in Morrowind, they fleshed out the lore for the province in Morrowind and previous games.

And why do you support Bethesda keeping east coast? You enjoy their take on Fallout or you don't want them to rape the west coast like they did the east?

OR leave the west coast for Obsidian, after Fallout 4. :troll:

Oesophagus

Arcane

Yeah, they should keep moving as far east as they can. I'm sincerely hoping that they drop the pretense and not even try to tie in to the originals in any way. They've got a big fanbase which is just dying for a new hiking simulator, so i hope they just stop pretending that this has anything to do with F1/2. It insults my intelligence

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron

Yeah, they should keep moving as far east as they can. I'm sincerely hoping that they drop the pretense and not even try to tie in to the originals in any way. They've got a big fanbase which is just dying for a new hiking simulator, so i hope they just stop pretending that this has anything to do with F1/2. It insults my intelligence

You don't approve of the direction that Bethesda took with FO3?

Are there others that feel the same way you do? Where do they hang out?

canakin

Cipher

You what?

Oesophagus

Arcane

I'm just pretty damn tired of seeing classics raped to death.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Fallout 4? More like Fallout 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

Better known as Fallout: The New California Republic*

*Internet connection required to play with a $14.95 monthly subscription

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Fallout 4? More like Fallout 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

Better known as Fallout: The New California Republic*

*Internet connection required to play with a $14.95 monthly subscription

That might explain the "The Mojave sure was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?" remark from a Bethesda suit. Despite the east coast version being the more popular version of Fallout and Bethesda employees skulking around Boston.

That new studio they're setting up is going to be Fallout Online, and they're going to rape the west coast mercilessly.:(

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

There were several dialogues about trouble in Cyrodiil, plus the spy dude getting recalled to there. It was more hinted at than any other province surely. And yeah, FO3 is such a different game and story style I want them kept separated, that's kind of a no-brainer.

Dustin542

Liturgist

There were several dialogues about trouble in Cyrodiil, plus the spy dude getting recalled to there. It was more hinted at than any other province surely. And yeah, FO3 is such a different game and story style I want them kept separated, that's kind of a no-brainer.
Some of the plot is also revealed in Bloodmoon by a seer in a cave after you find his friend's skull.

EG

Nullified
All vault, all the time.

exactly. fallout 3 had reality simulator machines. the devs can just include those if people want an outside experience.

But it won't be in the cool, "let's see what life is really like in a deprecated vault, its social structure collapsed" it's going to be "Happy birthday, Champ! Hey, where's your delicious sweetroll?" :(

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They should make the next game's setting underground.
It's a quite interesting idea of brilliant mind, but wouldn't it be a massive lore- rape?
Not like it does matter anymore :roll:
The cool thing about underground structures is that they can't be seen from the surface. You could set the next Fallout game in some gigantic hidden dungeon built by the US army to shelter an entire army from the nuclear war, without having to change the existing lore.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
The first thing I thought of, was an underground cluster of connected vaults, accompanied by some minor retcons, like in Fallout Tactics. Which inevitably leads to a similar game concept as Arx Fatalis or Metro 2330.

In either case, Bethesda lacks skill, finesse and intellect to make such thing right. Basically:

But it won't be in the cool, "let's see what life is really like in a deprecated vault, its social structure collapsed" it's going to be "Happy birthday, Champ! Hey, where's your delicious sweetroll?" :(

And mirelurks. Entire fucking armies of mirelurks in like, every dungeon.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There were NPC rumours in Oblivion talking of every province, probably setting it up so TESV could be anywhere. They were particularly insistent about imminent trouble in Summerset Isle, though.

Well, there *was* imminent trouble there, but the next game played 200 years later so it was just skipped.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
MOAR LAIK F4LLOURT AIM RITE?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom