Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh god. That seems right up Todd Howard's alley. "F4LLOUT". I will laugh for days if that happens.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Does anyone think it will NOT be called F4llout?

It's the only way it can be done.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be too perfectly hilarious. The day Bethesda officially became a parody of themselves.

:hearnoevil:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I remember some article where some retard was babbling something about IV in the title Oblivion as a reference of "it's to show that it's the fourth game of the series".

Parody? They are raking in cash, and have become one of the major AAA+ players...

You missed my meaning...and I'm not sure how to lead you back to it. :/

Bro, no I didn't. I was just ironic/sad/sarcastic that the world, and my beloved gaming hobby has come to this. Hordes of drooling retards and millions of $ invested into voice acting and marketing. :( Imagine the world without morons, where real rpgs like W2 and PE and TOEE and real Fallout and etc. would have budgets of 50 million $ and would cater to gamers like they were in the 80s and 90s.

Instead we got this: :hearnoevil::balance:

Or even worse, this:
i-want-to-be-a-dragon.jpg

:x

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
I'm not saying that writing F4LLOUT would be any more ridiculous than the fucking "Fat Man" or anything. Just that it would be a very loud admission that they are proud consoletardian bringers of decline AWESOME!

I'm not saying that writing F4LLOUT would be any more ridiculous than the fucking "Fat Man" or anything. Just that it would be a very loud admission that they are proud consoletardian bringers of decline AWESOME!

I'm fucking certain they will use F4LLOUT. At least in teasers/trailers. :smug: It makes the retards salivate more...

Wasn't OblIVion already such a derpy title for sake of THE NUMBER IN THE TITLE?

Well, at least it's related to the storyline, like the "O" in the title / cover being both "O" in daedric alphabet and the format of the oblivion portals. "F4llout" would be l33t sp34k for the sake of it.

edit: ...unless FO4 is set in a nuked japan, where the number 4 is a symbol for death.

I...I'm thinking like Todd. :eek:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Super Mutant shamans with healing totems ahead.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It will be an epic dungeon area. You will kill Harold for purple pants.

Rare loot: Power Armor that will add 5,274 DT/DR and +75 to Agility in overhauled SPECIAL that will be sub-par to everything else as soon as the stats will be inflated in new Mexico/Canada Expansion Pack.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Vehicle based combat. On rails missions where you man the trunk-turret of a Highwayman or Corvega while outrunning Vertibirds manned by enclave super mutant army.

I think it'd be really cool if they rebooted the series and decided to just call it Fallout.

Part of me wishes they did that to begin with, but then we would not have received the real Fallout 3 in New Vegas.

You couldn't do this in the main series, for obvious reasons (Americana is central to the game's identity, Bethesda would assfuck any attempt to include a new thematic component), but I think there'd be good potential for a NV style 'same universe spinoff' set concurrently with the events of FO1, but in China. It's plausible that a massively centralised government could have an extremely different reaction to, and recovery from, nuclear holocaust. I'd love to see that done, with a formerly heavily integrated society suddenly having to deal with extreme localised independence for the first time in centuries. Whereas the brotherhood of steel in FO tries to protect the tech, in FO: Shanghai you'd have similar groups trying to preserve books and pieces of centuries-old chinese culture (like the monks in real life who tried to hide, protect and smuggle out cultural artifacts and history books to hong kong as the communist cultural revolution swept in - often paying for it with their lives).

Of course, if it ever were done it would probably be a herp derp equivalent of the Chinese city in FO2. Done well, however, with cultural and history consultants helping the design, it could be awesome: I can just envisage this grey-but-possibly-necessary remnants of the old chinese bureaucracy taking over from the collapsed government, more determined to keep a national order than their US counterparts, but with a local population questioning wondering whether or not they really WANT to re-establish the meritocratic beauracy, or whether they should use this new beginning to adopt a new Chinese culture (individualism? Back to confucionism? Localised governance?). And then, of course, a whole new batch of destructive weapons and radiated horrors springing from the eastern end of the world (perhaps their focus was on genetic alteration rather than laser tech, so you've got genetically altered tigers that were once controlled via brain chips, plaguelands where viral experiments ran rampant once there was no-one left to make sure they were sealed in, etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom