Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Modron

Arcane
Besides why the fuck would obsidian want to work with Bethesda again while the kickstarter well hasn't run dry? The whole 84/85 metacritic get no royalties fiasco would sure make anyone want to run straight back to :hearnoevil: right?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
The whole 84/85 metacritic get no royalties fiasco would sure make anyone want to run straight back to :hearnoevil: right?
It's their fault in the first place they agreed for such a retarded condition.

some time ago i heard about someone making a Denver mod for Fallout 3.

dunno if they ever finished it, i stopped playing Fallout 3 long before.

There's a mod like that for New Vegas, which is shit. (like 99% mods for it actually)

There's also another mod from the same guy(s), Beyond Boulder Dome, which is pretty, well, shit, as well. This time with worse writing, on par with Fallout 3 level and the rest is inane as well. Takes ideas from Van Buren and doesn't do anything smart with it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Let Bethesda do the numbered versions, who cares. Obsidian can do the cooler, named side games. Bethesda's popamole in the east coast, Obsidian's cool sexiness in the west coast.

MCA
It's obvious F4 can not possibly be TB and "isometric" but an Obsidian made Fallout, no matter how popamole, is infinitely better then a Bethesda made one. I mean, it's a given Bethesda is shit. And it's more entertaining bashing Obsidian for bad decisions.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, not buying it. Those idiots' egos are wayyyyy too fucking big to admit to Obsidian being the better team for the title. They'll make and break Fallout once again, folks. Don't you doubt it for a single, derpy, head-in-a-bucket second.

Also: Hey we didn't pay you for NV but here's Fallout 4 entirely for you, lolz!

They have thousands on their forums ready to back up their fantasies about being the better Falllout studio, sadly.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
They have thousands on their forums ready to back up their fantasies about being the better Falllout studio, sadly.

YEAH BECAUSE BETHESDA DOESN'T NEED GOOD WRITING THEY CAN TELL STORIES WITHOUT WORDS LIEK A SKELETON WITH A PARTY HAT

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Possible incline based on what? They make games to appease shareholders. If they were moved out they would be replaced with people who would do the exact same thing: make mass accessible Action Games.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Possible incline based on what? They make games to appease shareholders. If they were moved out they would be replaced with people who would do the exact same thing: make mass accessible Action Games.

Yeah, well...at least the Fallout-rape would end.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Yeah, well...at least the Fallout-rape would end.

You actually believe that if new people were involved, they would suddenly stop raping the Fallout lore? :lol:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
You actually believe that if new people were involved, they would suddenly stop raping the Fallout lore? :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA YEAH THAT'S SO FUNNY HOLY SHIT.

Um, let's back up a bit, partner. In this completely stupid, pointless and hypothetical scenario (which you're taking seriously for some idiotic reason) wherein Bethesda suddenly does not exist we can imagine the license for Fallout needing to be bought and sold, yes? Or hell, who knows. Since we haven't spent pages upon pages of discussing this completely stupid, pointless and hypothetical scenario I suppose there are quite a few possible outcomes available.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
THE point is people have this ridiculous notion that Bethesda really want to be the Champions of the cRPG Genre™ and move it forward. Man! If only Todd and Pete were fired! Then Bethesda would be like making a TRUE FALLOUT! It is fucking hysterical. :lol:

Bethesda no matter what is going to continuously crank out shitty dumbed down Action Games, and that is NEVER going to change. Ever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Possible incline based on what? They make games to appease shareholders.

Not quite - Zenimax is a privately owned corporation with private shareholders. The fact is they could whore their games out a lot more than they do. Skyrim has surprisingly little DLC. I don't consider Bethesda to be an 100% profit driven company in the same way that EA and Activision are.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
If only Todd and Pete were fired! Then Bethesda would be like making a TRUE FALLOUT! It is fucking hysterical.

So if all of the top people at Bethesda were replaced by other people the only possible scenario is that it would be exactly the same. Gotcha.

Anyway, I was under the impression that what was alluded to was the disappearance of the company.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I don't consider Bethesda to be an 100% profit driven company in the same way that EA and Activision are.

That's just it though, Bethesda considers themselves the kings of quality RPG's, when in fact their games were designed to appeal to the average dumb American. To me, that's even worse than being purely profit driven.

dextermorgan

Arcane
That's just it though, Bethesda considers themselves the kings of quality RPG's, when in fact their games were designed to appeal to the average dumb American. To me, that's even worse than being purely profit driven.
Yes, they're largely driven by stupid really.

Harold

Arcane
Oh shit I just gave slowtaku a hit. I'm now sorry I didn't set you on fire.

HURR HURR I see what you did thar.

See that avatar to the left and that signature below? As far as I'm concerned Harold only existed in Fallout 1. The character was ruined the moment some brilliant Fallout 2 designer thought it would be FUCKING HILARIOUS to turn him from a bum that had witnessed what happened at Mariposa into a mayor with a tree growing out from his head. Yeah, I fucking giggled my ass off.

Did you know that what Bethesda did to him in Fallout 3 was actually just a literal interpretation of a cut ending from Fallout 2

The Chosen One still heard mention of Harold from time to time. Apparently, the tree growing from his head has gotten larger, and if rumors are to be believed, fruit is growing from it. The seeds are said to be remarkably tough, and several of them have taken root even in the most barren stretches of the wasteland

They even recorded Pearlman say that shit back then, I kid you not, you can hear it in that restoration mod.

Anyway, thanks for bringing back all those horrible memories, asshole. I hope you're happy now. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom