Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Oh shit I just gave slowtaku a hit. I'm now sorry I didn't set you on fire.

HURR HURR I see what you did thar.

See that avatar to the left and that signature below? As far as I'm concerned Harold only existed in Fallout 1. The character was ruined the moment some brilliant Fallout 2 designer thought it would be FUCKING HILARIOUS to turn him from a bum that had witnessed what happened at Mariposa into a mayor with a tree growing out from his head. Yeah, I fucking giggled my ass off.

Did you know that what Bethesda did to him in Fallout 3 was actually just a literal interpretation of a cut ending from Fallout 2

The Chosen One still heard mention of Harold from time to time. Apparently, the tree growing from his head has gotten larger, and if rumors are to be believed, fruit is growing from it. The seeds are said to be remarkably tough, and several of them have taken root even in the most barren stretches of the wasteland

They even recorded Pearlman say that shit back then, I kid you not, you can hear it in that restoration mod.

Anyway, thanks for bringing back all those horrible memories, asshole. I hope you're happy now. :(

:bro:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That's just it though, Bethesda considers themselves the kings of quality RPG's, when in fact their games were designed to appeal to the average dumb American. To me, that's even worse than being purely profit driven.
Yes, they're largely driven by stupid really.

And yet, they laugh out loud, all the way to the Bank.....

dextermorgan

Arcane
Anyway, thanks for bringing back all those horrible memories, asshole. I hope you're happy now. :(
That's what you get for posting direct links to that shithole.

Sorry, I'm a bit miffed after reading that archived 4chan thread on gaming
journalism.

Anyway, I do vaguely remember reading about that. Never finished the restoration mod myself - I happen to feel that F2 would benefit from less content. Especially that kind of content.

And let's not speak any more about fucking tree-hugging faggots worshiping Treerold this. Even if the original idea sucked and sounds like tongue-in-cheek more than anything, what came after is on a whole new level.

So does Paris Hilton, what's your point?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

So? Retards selling games to other retards. Not exactly the sort of business model which requires the minds of geniuses. Just because the retards happened to align doesn't suddenly make Bethesda "not stupid", it just makes them the current occupants of the LARP-exploration-simulation corner.

EDIT: Also, neither of your commas were necessary.

:troll:

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
Fallout 3 = Fallout 1 Fallout New Vegas = Fallout 2 Fallout 4 = MSUT BE FALLOUT TACTICS!!

sigma1932

Augur
Wow. Wikia are fucking assholes and butthurt. :lol:
Indeed... I also seem to come across more malware-infested ads at wikia, and the falloutwiki.com pages load more smoothly when I'm at work, so that's where I go when I'm after fallout information.

I only use wikia if there's no other option.

MCA
Possible incline based on what? They make games to appease shareholders.

Not quite - Zenimax is a privately owned corporation with private shareholders. The fact is they could whore their games out a lot more than they do. Skyrim has surprisingly little DLC.

This is worth bringing up. Anyone notice how Skyrim DLC are complete utter bullshit, especially compared to FNV DLCs? Gimmicky extra features with minimal content vs. four DLCs that expand the game in a lot of directions, they could be rounded up together as an expansion in the traditional sense.

People at Bethesda simply have no fucking idea on how to add value to the game.

Lucky for them, the shit they make just sells.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Not quite - Zenimax is a privately owned corporation with private shareholders. The fact is they could whore their games out a lot more than they do. Skyrim has surprisingly little DLC.

This is worth bringing up. Anyone notice how Skyrim DLC are complete utter bullshit, especially compared to FNV DLCs? Gimmicky extra features with minimal content vs. four DLCs that expand the game in a lot of directions, they could be rounded up together as an expansion in the traditional sense.

Well...they might be working on something big behind the scenes and these are just filler until then.

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
Maybe they are full at work on F4 that's why there are little to none dlcs for skyrim..... :?

MCA
Reportedly, their next DLC will likely feature dragon-riding. In a world full of artificial borders. And closed-off towns and cities. Another gimmicky useless shit.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
dragon-riding
Just when I thought Skyrim can't be more stupid, go Bethesda! show us what you've got : x

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Reportedly, their next DLC will likely feature dragon-riding. In a world full of artificial borders. And closed-off towns and cities. Another gimmicky useless shit.

It'll either be on-rails or in the clouds/some magical aether realm where you can't see the ground at all.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It will be Red Baron dragon edition. You will fly around in circles and kill other dragons with shouts from magic dragon mouth gun.

MCA
Quite possibly.

I guess they might add a new shout to "domesticate" a dragon. You deplete a dragon's health down below 75%, shout the shout and it's yours to ride.

It would be a problem at high levels, though, what with one-shit killing dragons with arrows :troll:

Lucky for them, the shit they make just sells.

FNV DLCs were not only quality story, narrative and writing-wise, sometimes even achieving more than what a single, bigger expansion could; they also expanded gameplay possibilities, like The Sink, or unique equipment that was *truly* unique, and not a simple retexture (Stealth Suit, Holorifle, Red Glare, Sonic Emitters).

However, none of those features felt really "overpowered"; even top-notch weapons like Holorifle weren't viable for all situations and didn't make vanilla stuff useless, like those bullshit weapon packs or such. That non-mandatory content was useful, but not overpowered, and it simply expanded the alternatives. Of course, more quality content is better, and it's hard to expect an AAA game without DLCs, but it didn't discriminate the customer per se, in a "buy it or gimp yourself" way. Even the storylines were detached enough from the NCR-Legion war they didn't feel like they were necessary to compliment vanilla. They were just side stuff.

On the other hand, Dawnguard is a one, big $20 package of mandatory bugfixes. Without it, vampires & werevolwes are gimped forever, the "cool" features from that Bethesda modding session that were supposed to be in the vanilla in the first place, were shoehorned here and there, overpowered (Vampire Lord anihilating everything, Dragonbone Weapons being better than Daedric ones) and didn't bring anything worthwhile.

Every FNV DLC had a great, unique environment. In Dawnguard, we have vanilla resources over and over, except for a new gimmicky static here and there to make a difference, a bunch of dungeons that feel really "vanilla" and are even in Skyrim worldspace, and the only "unique" content, Soul Cairn, has absolutely nothing except for Arvak and Jiub. Just empty, lackluster copy-pasta. And Forgotten Vale is generic, overly long dungeon crawl with ridiculous Snow Elf lore rape.

And Hearthfire, lol

Harold

Arcane
The reason Bethesda's DLCs are worse than the main game is because they just don't give a fuck and only make them to milk a few extra $ out of moranz. Todd and his gang only work on the main game, then they leave a skeleton crew behind for dlc while they go into preproduction on their next title. This was true for F3 and is even more obvious now with Skyrim. Said skeleton crew also has to fix and balance some issues of the main game with the DLCs - this, of course, results in even more hilarity: see vampires eating shopkeepers.

Harold

Arcane
Here is what a few choice members of xbox360achievments have to say on the matter

ShaggyB
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Why would Bethesda make it so characters which can't re-spawn can be killed from bullshit like this and then screw you out of things? What gives?

This makes me not want to get the DLC for real. :mad:

Honestly. I hate that new shop keeps dont move in.... but what do you expect when the guy specifically tells you that youve not been looking hard enough if you havent seen the vamp threats in towns?

What pissed me off with it, is I couldnt get to the fight fast enough to save the shop keep. I was at Dragonsreach and shes at the bottom of the town. I ran, I shout ran and shes still the first casualty. Dead before I get there.

Ive already lost the riverwood blacksmith to a dragon attack (didnt notice his death for a month of real world time.... no clue when he died but I do recall fighting a dragon in that town and he looked as if hed been flung by one when i found his body.)

fonzycore
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
These vampire attacks are hilarious to me and I think it adds to the depth of Skyrim. I know a lot of people complained that even though you could do quests as you please and have a unique playstyle, that your choices had little or no consequence. These random vampire attacks make the world a little scarier to live in and adds an element of surprise and lack of control. I was in Windhelm and saw a vampire attacking an elf lady and the priestess Jora. He killed the stable elf, reanimated her, then the reanimated corpse decapitated the priestess Jora. Also I got an inheritance letter because Amren in Whiterun was killed by a vampire randomly as well. These kind of events are fun for me at least, it takes some of the control away in a game where you can pretty much control everything. Same with dragon attacks. As with most deaths, they are usually unavoidable and you have the response I'm sure the developers were going for. They made the vampire problem a serious matter that you couldn't just wait around for and forced you to endure the loss of characters you may have used as followers previously or had to rely on for shopping. Skyrim wasn't meant to be a perfect happy world where everyone lives

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have to agree with the last guy, in that if these attacks were actually supposed to happen (adding a feel that there are vampires that are killing people like mood into the game). Did they ever acknowledge this was a bug?

FNV DLCs were not only quality story, narrative and writing-wise,
Who the fuck are you kidding, multi-penised bro?

I have yet to see a sensible post from you that would actually add something, instead of senslessly (and mistakenly) bashing everything. You can start by, you know, actually backing your "everything is shit" arguments with something.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
You are implying that games filled with multi-penised dialogues are quality narrative story. And you're demanding sensible posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom