Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's like that thing Cleve talked about. You don't know what you don't even know.

:lol:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus christ. I ctrl-F'ed that fucking page and see no other mention of OWB. Whatever. Jesus christ let me just drink my coffee in peace. I ragequit this page now.

:x

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Jaesun didn't like OWB because they only mentioned but never showed the foot and hand penises.

Brinko

Arcane
With all the mention of the hand-penis joke in OWB I'm surprised some deviant at loverslab hasn't made a mod where you can Auto-Doc dicks onto your hands and feet.

Sul

Savant
They make games to appease shareholders
You can't buy shares from Zenimax. If someone is to blame for the decline is Todd who, according to his own words, wants to turn TES into a kind of modern Ultima-like game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
You can't buy shares from Zenimax. If someone is to blame for the decline is Todd who, according to his own words, wants to turn TES into a kind of modern Ultima-like game.

How much money/sales did Skyrim make?

Whatever the fuck they are doing is making money. Why would they EVER get rid of Todd?

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

How much money/sales did Skyrim make?

Whatever the fuck they are doing is making money. Why would they EVER get rid of Todd?

I'm pretty BSW and Zenimax researched what made Morrowind a success and what was holding it back. The end result = Oblivion, a much more popular and profitable game.

I think things like the fan reaction to DA2 scared them into putting more time and effort into pleasing the old school fans with Skyrim. They deserved a backlash with Oblivion comparable to DA2, and they know it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
I think things like the fan reaction to DA2 scared them into putting more time and effort into pleasing the old school fans with Skyrim.

What old school fan mechanics are in Skyrim? :lol:

It's just another fucking shit action game with DRAGONS! (and it sold VERY well).

Sul

Savant
I understand, they saw how watering down their games can be profitable. What I'm trying to say is that Zenimax pretty much leaves TES on the hands of Bethesda, and they don't have do appeal to retarded shareholders that want multiplayer "because CoD has multiplayer so if we have it too we will sell as much as CoD" and other retarded ideas of someone that has never touched a game, their biggest influence from outside the development team must be the PR guys and their brilliant ideas to make the game more "popular" but even then I think they are far less influential on the develoment than others PR teams of publishers like EA and Square.
I think things like the fan reaction to DA2 scared them into putting more time and effort into pleasing the old school fans with Skyrim.

What old school fan mechanics are in Skyrim? :lol:

It's just another fucking shit action game with DRAGONS! (and it sold VERY well).
Oh_boy_here_we_go.jpg

Bahamut

Arcane
Attention paid to lore.

More like, "lets not fuck up the lore that much this time", so their havent changed it (much) and instead focused on adding, whole retarded dragon story

An attempt to flesh out the culture of the province.

They just confirmed that nords are brutish drunktards yellig about honor and shit,
compare it to morrowinds expansion on dunmer culture

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Private corporations can have shareholders too. Zenimax isn't owned solely by the CEO or founder like Valve is. The company has a variety of investors.

Still it's a different kind of relationship with less focus on regular, steady profit.

Sul

Savant
Attention paid to lore.

More like, "lets not fuck up the lore that much this time", so their havent changed it (much) and instead focused on adding, whole retarded dragon story
Actually the retarded dragon story is a confirmation and expansion of the whole Dream (or Kalpa as the dragons call it) and Sleeping Godhead stuff that was added in Morrowind. But I agree that it lacks subtlety and comes more like a lore bomb near the end of the MQ.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Attention paid to lore.

They just confirmed that nords are brutish drunktards yellig about honor and shit,

I never said Skyrim was anywhere near as good as Morrowind, but it was much better than Oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
Attention paid to lore.

I never said Skyrim was anywhere near as good as Morrowind, but it was much better than Oblivion.
Pretty much this.

It's not good, but at least it is not bad. There is little worthwhile formal lore, but there is a lot of visible fleshing out of the province and general background - oblivious background was pretty much perfect vacuum.

Overall it seems that apart from further mechanical dumbing down beth is backpedalling from everything that made oblivious shit.

Of course then we have Zenimax Online and their 'grorious' TESO - I can't possibly fathom how it can possibly be anything but a fucking disaster.

Bahamut

Arcane

Agreed

Actually the retarded dragon story is a confirmation and expansion of the whole Dream (or Kalpa as the dragons call it) and Sleeping Godhead stuff that was added in Morrowind. But I agree that it lacks subtlety and comes more like a lore bomb near the end of the MQ.

Ah yes, chat with Paarthurnax was basicaly the "highest" point of the MQ, (anyone who sided with blades and killed paarthy is a idiot) but it sadly started and ended as Alduin being another generic evil dragon villan,

Of course then we have Zenimax Online and their 'grorious' TESO - I can't possibly fathom how it can possibly be anything but a fucking disaster.

Well at least we will have a good laugh, theres never too much of lulz and devbutthurt

Sul

Savant
Alduin being another generic evil dragon villan,
While I agree that his character was a generic evil dragon villan his place in the lore is much more interesting. He is the aspect of Akatosh (as any other dragon), time itself, and has come to end it so a new Kalpa can be created.
World-Eater is meant to be taken literally.

Well at least we will have a good laugh, theres never too much of lulz and devbutthurt
I'm the only one remotely interested in TESO? Yeah I know, shitty art direction and setting rape, but the gameplay seems to be interesting. Real time combat and focus on faction PVP? It's not Ultima Online but it's welcoming.

Bahamut

Arcane
Alduin being another generic evil dragon villan,
While I agree that his character was a generic evil dragon villan his place in the lore is much more interesting. He is the aspect of Akatosh (as any other dragon), time itself, and has come to end it so a new Kalpa can be created.
World-Eater is meant to be taken literally.

The lore is interesting, its presentation in game not (its like gameplay devs dont give a shit about story devs),
Whole kalpa/godhead thingie is a nice idea, but so what when game don't use it properly, but again makes and excuse for another "save the world" plot

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Real time combat and focus on faction PVP?
It's in TERA. Try it and see that it's the same old shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those were both released in 2011, there's absolutely no way DA2's release influenced anything regarding Skryim.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those were both released in 2011, there's absolutely no way DA2's release influenced anything regarding Skryim.

I doubt DA2's reception influenced Skyrim, but half a year is enough time to change some stuff around I'd say.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom