Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
The dragons are what made Skyrim sell so well (as well as the beautiful hiking scenery).

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As simplified and mass-market as Bethesda games are you'll still catch me playing them over almost any other modern mass-market game. Think of them as king of the shitmonsters.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those were both released in 2011, there's absolutely no way DA2's release influenced anything regarding Skryim.

I doubt DA2's reception influenced Skyrim, but half a year is enough time to change some stuff around I'd say.
Unless they're slam dunking like Obsidian, they should be focused entirely on polishing content/fixing bugs with that much time left. Not adding anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those were both released in 2011, there's absolutely no way DA2's release influenced anything regarding Skryim.

I doubt DA2's reception influenced Skyrim, but half a year is enough time to change some stuff around I'd say.
Unless they're slam dunking like Obsidian, they should be focused entirely on polishing content/fixing bugs with that much time left. Not adding anything.

An open world game without much tight scripting is easier to change. Remember Bethesda's own "Game Jam"?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
An open world game without much tight scripting is easier to change. Remember Bethesda's own "Game Jam"?
And they said the reason they couldn't include those features in the game was because of all the additional testing they would require.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yes, god forbid Bethesda tests something properly. Ask PS3 players how they feel about it.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Skyrim only sold really well because all soul brothas out there who love NBA and Madden thought it was a basketball game.

Psquit

Arcane
fuck bethesda bring me some obsidian pls, at least they know how to make arguments.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Skyrim only sold really well because all soul brothas out there who love NBA and Madden thought it was a basketball game.

In all honesty it sold well because Oblivion was perfectly timed for big sales and Skyrim was the sequel to it. Fallout 3 sold well because "the people who made Oblivion are bringing you the same thing with guns and cool armor."

So much of sales is right place and right time, build a reputation, sell that reputation.

pistletoe

Educated
Screw the idea. Bethesda needs to move on. Enough Fallout, try something new.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Easier if they just bought one. Who owns Arcanum these days? :troll:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Arcanum 2 on shitty gamebryo and it will be in fact Oblivion 5.

Lancehead

Liturgist
One can only imagine what they'll do with the game in order to sell Skyrim numbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom