Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I, for one, would really dig a post-apoc setting set in some obscure European or hell, even Russian city. Think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. only, uh, Bethesda-ish (with an Obsidian half sequel on the way).

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
So a huge chunk of the iconicism of Fallout is the game being Americentric? Not sure if I dig that sort of narrowness but I also don't want tread on sacred ground.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Fallout is entirely based and structured around Americana pop culture, there is no Fallout without the silly 1950´s scifi America. It´s like moving STALKER to America... makes no sense.

bonescraper

Oh, but i agree that Fallout = retro-futuristic America. But i'd rather have Bethesda stay out of the original source material as far as they can. So, as far as i'm concerned, they could set their next game on the Moon.

Kahlis

Cipher
Fallout 3 2: Modern Call of Wasteland Warfare
A Post-Black Isle Roleplaying Game by Bethesda Softworks

January 9, 2013 - Today the majestic game developer Bethesda Softworks has announced that it will be taking its titular Fallout series into a bold new age of interactive storytelling and escapism with Fallout 3 2: Modern Call of Wasteland Warfare. Set in 2477, a poetically-chosen exact 400 years after the nuclear Great War which ravaged humanity, players return to the wasteland for one of the most intense, gut-wrenching thriller stories of the 21st century ever conceived.

The Enclave, Super mutants and Chinese have banded together to form an evil alliance of evil called the Soviet Union! From their super secret vault headquarters from within the borders of our very own country, they now hold humanity at gunpoint with the threat of a new nuclear war and only the player can stop them.

—RETURN TO THE WASTELAND with an all new majestic single player campaign that takes you all across the world as you race to uncover the Soviets' plot, through such interesting environments as: grey hallway, green hallway, grey-green hallway, blue hallway.

—BOLD NEW INNOVATIONS the SPECIAL system of previous Fallout games has been phased out in favor of a new system inspired by Skyrim's incredibly deep and sophisticated perk system. Choose from one of two new skills: COMBAT and NON-COMBAT. Nothing of value has been lost. All of the original Fallout skills have been reorganized and now exist as perk trees underneath these two skills.

—COMPLEX PERK SYSTEM players can play the game the way they want to and no two characters will ever be the same. Build the wasteland hero of your dreams - a character specialized in MEDICINE (+10% health regeneration), BARTER (buy 1 Nuka-Cola get 1 free) or SCIENCE (+20% damage against robots).

—SOPHISTICATED STORY life in the wasteland is not always simply a romanticized frontier of diagonal running animations and guns blazing to the stellar dubstep score of Inon Zur. Leisurely reading the BBC on their Pip-Pad 4G, players immediately find themselves emotionally engaged into the world and the characters around them upon receiving the breaking news that the west coast (setting of the first two Fallout games and New Vegas) and all of its characters have been blown up by the Soviet Union and made non-canon.

Bethesda has a specially trained in-house team of writers, painstakingly crafting a laureate-quality, Homeric narrative for the modern age. Upon reaching the final stronghold of the Sovets, the player is presented with one of the most shocking plot twists to have ever graced the series. VAULT BOY is actually real, and even more startlingly, HE'S A COMMUNIST! The player must then jack into cyberspace and battle Vault Boy by completing a series of Mavis Beacon QTE's while they type out the declaration of independence. This turn of events will leave players in shock and awe, and they will surely spend many nights awakening in a cold sweat, pondering Fallout 4's incredibly intellectual liberal agenda of cynical social commentary on war and American patriotism.

—THE ADVENTURE ISN'T OVER THOUGH! After completing the original campaign (est. gameplay time 8 hours), players will be able to unlock an exclusive Adventure++ option, where they can replay the campaign as a transsexual - unlocking new NPC interactions and dialogue options.

IN THEATRES CHRISTMAS 2013

likaq

Arcane
90c0n7.png

Oesophagus

Arcane
With what? I just said that Fallout should stick to the US, if you move it someplace else it's not really Fallout anymore.
Well, since we do want Bethesda to stay as far from Fallout as possible, moving it outside USA wouldn't be such a bad idea.

or, they could replace the setting with a medieval Scandinavia - inspired made-up land. And then replace all the guns with swords and axes, and then rename the super-mutants to ogres (they can keep the models), and instead of power armor have full plate of uranium +5.

Kahlis

Cipher
Kickstarter to pay Bethesda to relinquish the Fallout license and retire from the industry forever is in order.

What's with the user score? I thought Fallout 3 was the second coming of Christ to the average customer and New Vegas was the bug-ridden abomination inferior to Bethesda's masterpiece.

Kahlis

Cipher
I like how Fallout 3 won the PC Game of the Year. As disputed as it'd be (actually not really if we're talking about Bethesda games), it'd be better if we saved that title for PC exclusives or games designed for the PC first and foremost. Besides, I'm guessing FO3 showed up on the 360/PS3 award listings that year anyway, so what's the point when you could be giving another game some much appreciated attention? I'm reading too deeply into Metacritic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom