Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bahamut

Arcane
I hope so, becouse that would imply that he really tries to make a good RPG, but can't. But i seriously doubt that.
I think Todd judges the quality of their games solely on sales and the revenue they bring in.
And in that case, Fallout 3 is indeed a success.

Especialy when topics like "thank you bethesda" (or "buttfucked and proud") pops from time to time on their forums

Why bother with good design when lazy one pay offs anyway...

imweasel

Bethesda has the best marketing department in the industry, that is why Todd Howard's shit sells so fucking good.

For Fallout 4 Todd will take big huge shit (as always), the marketing department @Bethesda will then wrap his shit in gold foil and spray some lovely perfume on it. Done.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I hope so, becouse that would imply that he really tries to make a good RPG, but can't. But i seriously doubt that.
I think Todd judges the quality of their games solely on sales and the revenue they bring in.

Especialy when topics like "thank you bethesda" (or "buttfucked and proud") pops from time to time on their forums

Why bother with good design when lazy one pay offs anyway...

Exactly. Everything about it is wrong, and nothing about it deserves praise.

Bethesda has the best marketing department in the industry

No doubt about that. The sad part is they don't even have to try hard. Their games sell regardless.

I'll stop posting about it now because it puts me in a bad state of mind again, like a few years ago.
And, you know :deadhorse:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't think he's even that cynical. I think the Toddler has the same kind of mental deficiency as the morons that buy and love Bethesda games, and that he honestly thinks that he's making great RPGs.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I don't think he's even that cynical. I think the Toddler has the same kind of mental deficiency as the morons that buy and love Bethesda games, and that he honestly thinks that he's making great RPGs.

Sure. I certainly would not rule that out. Me being angry about it clouds my judgement so it's hard to come to a conclusion.
But given his financial background he should be proficient at marketing, thus one could be inclined to give him credit for being able to sell a piece of shit like F3 to the masses, and knowing exactly what they want.
Allthough that is hardly a challenge these days.

I can't tell anymore.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I for one hope the Toddler will expand on what made F3 truly great - the immense retardation and rape of the originals. Just to see how the game reviewers will try and justify the 10/10 GOTY scores. Bonus points if he drops all RPG elements altogether and makes it a MW/MoH clone, so that the IGNs have to post articles about why 'RPG' is a relative term

Bahamut

Arcane
Somehow i think that Todds work revolves not on designing the games itself but to make sure it will be retard friendly...

imweasel

Well, well, Josh Sawyer's little cock sucking retard faction is here I see. :)

Josh should go first, because he is the biggest Bethesda loving retard of them all.

imweasel

Yeah, that is what Jaesun, Tuluse and Infinitron think too. :D

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I like them more than Bioware. The thought of Bethesda going broke and Bioware filling their power vacuum as the big WRPG company terrifies me.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Bethesda's not going broke. Shit, if they think Witcher 3 will be a threat to them they'll just buy Poland

racofer

Thread Incliner
Bethesda, unlike BiowarEA, keeps on pleasing its growing fanbase with each game, despite what the Codex would like to believe. This guarantees that Bethesda isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

argan

Augur
At least Bethesda's games are enjoyable hiking-simulators/action games. Bioware is just...I don't even know any more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom