Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ok, interesting, but still Bethesda sucks at interaction because a guy gets tapped with a fucking cabbage and the guards go fucking crazy.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
1 year more and fucktards here will agree that Skyrim is in fact a hardcore old-school cRPG, praise Todd.

imweasel

Well, throwing cabbages in buckets is definitely more fun and challenging than actually playing Skyrim.

argan

Augur

Yeah, I know a lot will disagree with me, but to be honest I'm having fun while playing them, whenever I want some entertainment that doesn't require too much thought.

This doesn't excuse them from raping Fallout in every orifice though.

DraQ

Arcane
Skyrim is indeed good for what it is. Especially with the right combination of mods.
Skyrim + Requiem + some other mods (like morrowloot and locational damage) = fantasy aRPG equivalent of semi-tactical shooter (like STALKER).

The only thing I want now is Requiem's author recognizing that he can't fucking write for shit and stick to tweaking mechanics for great good.

1 year more and fucktards here will agree that Skyrim is in fact a hardcore old-school cRPG, praise Todd.
Well, for comparison, 7 years wasn't enough for Oblivion.

Maybe Skyrim isn't nearly as bad, and only compares unfavourably to TES 2&3 because of how awesome and ambitious they were?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I'm using Requiem right now and it is indeed a ton of fun. But yeah, the guy's English is obviously not very good.

Maybe Skyrim isn't nearly as bad, and only compares unfavourably to TES 2&3 because of how awesome and ambitious they were?

Essentially. It's a solid game. Not without issues and more of an open world action game than anything else, but I'll be damned if it isn't fun to waste your time on every once in a while.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oblivion was a god damn travesty I did not enjoy. Skyrim is fun. Neither is what I would call a good RPG, but then I'm not even sure my favorite lover Morrowind is the best at that either.

They're explore-a-thons with cool lore, nothing more and nothing less. If you enjoy that yay, if not boo. I enjoy that.

I can't wait to see Fallout 4 travesty. :troll:

Although, maybe they HAVE learned something, i.e. Skyrim IS better than Oblivion, so, perhaps they make it an interesting PA hiking simulator. I'm expecting them to start "teasing" soon. :smug:

Bethesda hype machine is strong! And it will probably sell in millions, maybe better than Skyrim. It would be nice if they contracted Obsidian for another spinoff, but I hardly believe that. :(

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think it will out sell Skyrim. RPG's with "fantasy" settings sell better.
Do you have any proof to back this up? Fallout 3, New Vegas and all 3 Mass Effects sold very well.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't think it will out sell Skyrim. RPG's with "fantasy" settings sell better.
Do you have any proof to back this up? Fallout 3, New Vegas and all 3 Mass Effects sold very well.

It's pretty common knowledge generic fantasy sells better. That's the main reason they did Cyrodiil and Skyrim, they even said so in interviews. I would guess the next one will be either High Rock/Hammerfell again or some new land mass, I bet they never do one of the weirder provinces again, or tone down their weirdness from the lore.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm just not convinced the games sell more because they're generic fantasy. I mean CoD sells more than any RPG, doesn't that suggest modern times are where the money's at?

Tigranes

Arcane

It's pretty common knowledge generic fantasy sells better. That's the main reason they did Cyrodiil and Skyrim, they even said so in interviews. I would guess the next one will be either High Rock/Hammerfell again or some new land mass, I bet they never do one of the weirder provinces again, or tone down their weirdness from the lore.

Pfft. They're saving Elsweyr for their ultimate game when they buy out Bioware and create TES with deep, multilinear romances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom