Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Wii U port confirmed

MrMarbles

Cipher
Why is it so shiny?

Pink skies and babyblue uniforms do not a post-apocalyptic setting make. It seems like with every new game they take another giant step away from the originals.

Don Peste

Arcane
It really doesn't look that bad. At least nothing mods can't fix.

f4.gif

naossano

Cipher
Are we sure this is Fo4 trailer ? It looks like modded Fo3...

Been in development for Xbox 360/PS3 too long and then hastily ported to X1/PS4 with some improved lighting and post fx. No surprise.

So it would run on a low-end computer ?
It would be a great new if i was interested in playing it... (not intending before Codex/NMA good reviews)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If the trailer isn't a bullshot.. I am pretty excited to see the more refined physics engine.

Notice in the shopping mall where the mutants body rigging and animations are reacting to the shopping carts they hit and they are pushing things out of the way naturally.. As opposed to the jerky shit we see even in Skyrim.

This could finally be the first Beth game that doesn't throw you up in the air by jumping on a cabbage. Or maybe I am just being optimistic..

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
The Mad max fury road vibe is very strong with this game. It looks extremely colorful for a Fallout game IMO.
I am not sure why you guys keep referencing Fury Road. I don't get that vibe at all. Where are the allusions to mythology? Where is the severely low-tech society barely scraping by? The repurposing of pre-war tech for new uses?

Fallout 4 looks like it's leaning into more Cyberpunk territory with stuff like MEMORY DEN (you guys don't think those old world snippets were just for the trailer, right?).

curry

Arcane
Why is it so shiny?

Pink skies and babyblue uniforms do not a post-apocalyptic setting make. It seems like with every new game they take another giant step away from the originals.

Because they tried making a game with 1 color only and it looked like shit.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Same fucking engine again?Jesus christ not again,loading screens to enter in a 10 square meter house? Oh lordy lord:negative:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
A genuine living town, updated graphics, animal companion and voiced protagonist. Looks nice enough for a first trailer.

The moronic quests, crap storyline, retarded AI behaviour, shit animations and utterly lifeless world will only become apparant at release. As they did with all of Bethesda's offerings. Simply can't be bothered about this game until that time.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trodat That's more NPCs in one frame than you usually see. Da power of next-gen unlocked (before the downgrade)

uaciaut

Augur
Actually seems to be missing the fallout atmosphere; granted 3 managed to create it mostly via green-tinted filter visual effect but still it's p amazing they actually made it look even more soulless than the previous one, that's one thing i can eternally count on with Bethesda.

Hopefully they'll let Obsidian make a sequel/side-project this time as well, specially with Cain there.

Mortmal

Arcane
A genuine living town, updated graphics, animal companion and voiced protagonist. Looks nice enough for a first trailer.

The moronic quests, crap storyline, retarded AI behaviour, shit animations and utterly lifeless world will only become apparant at release. As they did with all of Bethesda's offerings. Simply can't be bothered about this game until that time.
That's all we can expect unfortunately, I'd rather see obsidian doing it . The quest design will probably be designed for all public audience, Disney channel suitable, a goody two shoe survivor . Will be a pretty shooter with stats , but no choices and nothing twisted like in new vegas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom