Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I got the impression they were inspired by Bioshock Infinite. Something about the cityscape, airships, and the mc's voice and stance.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Is that Troy Baker at the end? Please no. So fucking tired of that guy's phoned in performance and his generic leading man voice.

Those fucking graphics are horrible. It looks like a shovelware PS3 game. It's barely better looking than Fallout 3. Jesus Christ.

The graphics look better to me, kind of like a mix of Fallout 3, Bioshock and RAGE, but a voiced protagonist?

Get ready for a fourth of the conversation system in 3 or NV, excused because what is there will be 'more immersive'.

But there will still be throwaway NPCs where you have stilted, couple word interactions with.

PC: Excuse me-

Male NPC: Beat it.

-----or-----

Female NPC: Can't you see I'm busy?

PC: Sorry to bother you.

----or-----

PC: Alright, see you.

----or-----

PC: Bye.

pippin

And the dialogues in games will go full circle back to Ultima 4.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's all an open center
Opens up and lets the wind lift him away
It doesn't have to feel water
It's just a place that feels right with him
Kinda like the way you're breathing
I kinda like the way you keep looking away
Would you like to glide on
Slide a mile six inches at a time on Howard's dick

There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away
Would you like to climb on
Climb on my six inches and go down on Howard's dick

Took you out in the back of the toolshed
Put it right on top of your forehead
Took you out in the back of the toolshed
Now you know what you're fuckin with... Howard's dick!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The Mad max fury road vibe is very strong with this game. It looks extremely colorful for a Fallout game IMO.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's like watching your baby getting stabbed again and again and again ...

likaq

Arcane
xqc8p4.jpg

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Based on the trailer (so not much), I wonder if they cut companions. With a voice MC, I doubt they would spend extra companion dialogue options, as in NV. Moreover, it only showed the mc and the dog, which is not dispositive.

Monkeysattva

Cipher
The trailer. I actually think this a joke. They're kidding right? Not even Bethesda can be THAT retarded?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are we sure this is Fo4 trailer ? It looks like modded Fo3...

It IS modded Fallout 3. Only not modded by Bethesda, but by the fans, then "co-opted" by Bethesda to make this.

There are a lot of cringe-worthy things about this trailer, but the blatant rip-off "I'm just like the original Fallout intro!" complete with Ink Spots song and all, made my stomach turn.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Honestly the trailer isn't too bad imho. Sure, the game probably will be bad but the trailer is... ok for a trailer. Not sure what to think about the voiced PC tho.

Well, looks like we are getting Fallout 3.5

MoonlitKnight

Educated
Fallout 4 - now with voiced player character and 276% saturation

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom