Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"wake me up when Bethesda files for bankruptcy" -Grotesque (No Mutants Allowed)

Don Peste

Arcane
Actually seems to be missing the fallout atmosphere; granted 3 managed to create it mostly via green-tinted filter visual effect but still it's p amazing they actually made it look even more soulless than the previous one, that's one thing i can eternally count on with Bethesda.

Hopefully they'll let Obsidian make a sequel/side-project this time as well, specially with Cain there.
Cain doesn't have to fucking taint his ass with this. He has to take the reigns of Obsidian before they completely fall apart and start to release Kickstarters to fund sequels of every single Troika game & cancelled project that has ever been.

Perkel

Arcane
looks like they are using Rage animation system or they are using exatly the same animations for ghuls.
I wonder if Obsidian ammo system from FNV will be present.

Something tells me it will be even more downgraded than F3.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The quest design will probably be designed for all public audience, Disney channel suitable, a goody two shoe survivor .

But you can do totally evil stuff like decapitate people by shooting them in the face with a shogun and then put the head on a table in your home. Fallout 4 will totally feature an incredibly deep C&C system and complex moral choices that let you play any kind of character you want.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
hm trailer is not very exciting to put it mildly

the german shepard, ingame gfx? then quite a lot of downgrading will be needed methinks

good calls on the bioshock vibe of some of the scenes

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
That was one boring, poorly put together trailer. So EMOSHUNAL, yet utterly failing at what it set out to accomplish. Looks like a soulless piece of shit from a developer incompetently attempting to ape the magic of the originals, completely misunderstanding what made them so enticing in the first place. What else is new?
Expect more lore-raping nonsense, omnipresent contradictions, terribad writing, a game world devoid of any sense plus mind-bogglingly awful, xbawx-friendly changes to the already pathetic gameplay formula of F3. Your usual Bethesda stuff. Steel be with you, motherfuckers.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
A genuine living town

No. You saw a single street. You're wrong to imagine there's going to be a living city attached to it.

Saw rooftops. Looked like a functioning and sizeable settlement instead of another crumbling ruin. And that's as far as I'm willing to (bother) speculate. You've seen the rest of my earlier post. Last Bethesda game I really enjoyed was Daggerfall. Loathed the staleness of Morrowind, laughed at the Disney Fantasy that was Oblivion, got bored almost instantly with Fallout 3, enjoyed Skyrim for a few hours as a walking sim but loathed the gameplay. They're simply not a company that has done anything interesting for me as a consumer in ages. So I can't be really bothered about them as I'm pretty certain this will be just more of that same lame formula.

Parsifarka

Arcane
I can't stop laughing, this is ridiculous. Bethesda has overcome itself. 10/10.
At least this time we can expect no downgrades.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just hope it's really shit so we can unequivocally diss it. The trailer is reassuring.

I can't take a good-for-what-it-is Fallout from Bethesda.

Adon

Arcane
Looks like Bethesda still has a hard-on for the Brotherhood of Steel, eh? Can't wait to see how they fuck with the lore this time around and what shitty excuse they end up using, only to have millions of fanboys fellating them because they don't know any better.

Suchy

Arcane
So, we all know it's going to be F03 level shit. And yet the whole Codex gonna play the fuck out of it, posting how shit it is over and over again, until the next TES comes around.

Zeronet

Learned
Gnj01Ju.png
New Vegas with mods looks more next-gen than this. It's a trailer so all i can really comment on is the graphics and they're pretty bad for a supposed PS4/PC/Xbone title. If you compare it to Witcher 3 (or 2), it bad. Bethesda just can't seem to make characters.

KevinV12000

Arcane
It's not what I would prefer, but I also don't think it looks too bad. I may be thinking with my heart there, though, and not my head. (Probably, as I'm fairly unhappy with Witcher 3, so it stands to reason I wouldn't like a console-focused Fallout as well).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom