Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lemming42

Arcane
Rewatching it, I swear that the dog's running animation is the exact same bizarre animation all dogs in Fo3 had. Good to see that Bethesda's skilled animator is on board for this project too

Adon

Arcane
Looks like Bethesda still has a hard-on for the Brotherhood of Steel, eh? Can't wait to see how they fuck with the lore this time around and what shitty excuse they end up using, only to have millions of fanboys fellating them because they don't know any better.

I am really confused, though. In the FO Bible it says there were some FEV experiments before the war, but I think ghouls and deathclaws are a little bit too "after the fact" to be included in a game where it's hinted to be set in the day after the war. People going to vaults and stuff like that. If it's this setting, then the Brotherhood should be seen as "not really good guys".
It's obviously meant to create hype, but I do wish they released at least some general line of the game's plot.
Also, while it hurts to see how FO's name is treated like this, sometimes I wish they just made it into an action game instead of pretending it's an rpg. Make Bethesda release the popamoles and let Obsidian make the occasional FO rpg that I can play for years.

I'm inclined to believe that the pre-war stuff was just for show. Including the nuclear blast that happens in the city because the post-war city makes it look like it never happened. :lol:

At best I can imagine we might end up having a pre-war portion as the intro, and they'll eventually time skip into the future, but it seems... unnecessary so I assume it's still going to be some 200 years later after the war. Also, since it's in the east coast again, they'll probably still go with the "BoS are good guys", especially since Boston is only a few hundred miles away from D.C.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
oipkjt.jpg

Imagine being suddenly able to select the dude in Power Armor and start combat in turn-based mode from this perspective.

:desu:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They'll ditch SPECIAL in favour of:

Vitality
Accuracy
Thinking
Strength

You know, a nod to the old-school VATS people enjoyed in the classic original.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
The graphics are not inherently bad, looks like maxed out HL2 which looks good. But something is just so wrong with the character models.

Quigs

Magister
My feels are hurt, as i have a mirrors edge inspired tattoo. :(

Haha, sorry buddy. At least it's only inspired.

I wore a Rune of Torment earring in my ear for, like, 6 years or so (until it got broken). Wasn't the most convenient thing ever as it was pretty big, heavy and got a disposition towards anchoring to different things (who could've guessed), but no one ever recognized it and it got complimented often enough.

I had a chaos necklace. Just liked chaotic bullshit when I was younger. People confusing it for a Count Dracula thing was bad enough, but bearable. It was the goobers trying to talk 40k with me constantly that led me to shelve it. I used to think there was nothing more boring then someone talking about their PnP RPG characters. I was wrong. People talking about their 40k armies are fucking horrible.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I care more about interesting art styles than polygon counts but damn, everyone has that gamebryo plastic feel to them. After finishing Witcher 3 this looks highly underwhelming.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This is getting depressing, and I have only seen the trailer.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Massive vehicle of phallic shape casting it's shadow over everything and a glorifying statue of a man riding a horse (classic symbol of masculine virility) in the foreground exemplify the gross misogynistic and toxic hyper masculine undertones of this game.

-Kotaku

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom