Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lemming42

Arcane
Streamlined unweildy and inconvenient skill system down to one skill, named SKILL. All skill checks to be tested against SKILL stat.

rohand

Cipher
Post-downgraded potato:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a cap from the gamersyde video...
sNQFDKw.jpg

People on the right part of the fence are not even trying to get in.

And look how chilled the old couple with bathrobes look at the bottom right.
"Hey ma, you think we should be going in as well?"
"Nah, let the youngsters have their fun, pa."

Quigs

Magister
Outside of animal transport, Zepps would probably be the way to go. Fewer parts and less maintenance requirements. Vertibrids never really made sense from a maintenance standpoint. Too many parts with very tight tolerances and no means to reproduce them.

Trains and Blimps would be the way to go.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I care more about interesting art styles than polygon counts but damn, everyone has that gamebryo plastic feel to them. After finishing Witcher 3 this looks highly underwhelming.
People still care about how Bethesda games look when unmodded? Also Shitcher looks like shit.

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
Ron Perlman sounded really bored in that trailer.

*sigh* "War never changes. Where's my paycheck?"

Youtube comment, easy target but...

The bar has been raised, folks.

IS THAT THE PLAYER CHARACTER AT THE END?! And, also, DID HE JUST TALK?!?!

Last edited:

pippin

Youtube comment, easy target but...

The bar has been raised, folks.

IS THAT THE PLAYER CHARACTER AT THE END?! And, also, DID HE JUST TALK?!?!

Hey, on facebook there was a kid saying he was so excited he could put his fingers on the electrical outlet.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In light of recent events and controversy about downgrades (Watch Dogs and Witcher 3) I actually wouldn't be surprised if those fucktard Bethas have actually shown a downgraded last-gen version of the game and are planning to increase the overall graphics quality in the upcoming demonstrations/release. After all, they sincerely love the gaming community and are completely unlike those disgusting money-hungry corporations.

:lol::lol::lol:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space

You can only tell the same story so many times without making it sound boring. And the trailer isn't very different from the FO3 intro. Yeah, bombs fell, nuclear shockwaves blew away the pastel-coloured conformist paradise and survivors have nothing better to do than scramble for the rotting remains of civilization forever lost. Stunning news. /yawn

Obsidian would probably find a new angle but Bethesda won't even try. They're simply bad at storytelling and that's something no mod can fix.

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
This seriously looks like a graphics mod for Fallout 3.

Remove the green tint, upped the texture resolution and added some foilage and rays. It barely passes as an upgrade. Seriously, there are games that came out a decade ago that rival if not outright surpass this trailer's graphical fidelity. Ultimately this comes as a price for using an incredibly outdated graphical engine, and it is not just the graphics and animatin that will suffer from this. The game itself will carry the same damn mechanical flaws of the other recent The Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Capital Wasteland, Skyrim); The bugs will remain, the lighting will look unnatural and there wont even be shred of ambient occulsion.

The whole thing just comes across as cheap, if not outright lazy. Not that I blame them of course, since the zombie hordes are bound to eat this shit up regardless. Bethesda could take a shit in a box, put a 60 dollar MSRP on it and still sell millions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom