Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeronet

Learned
Here's a gem from Rockpapershotgun "It seems that the Brotherhood of Steel – or some local equivalent – had some manner of foothold pre-bombs here. Are they stopping these poor shmoes from reaching the fallout shelters?"

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When did this site become full of graphics whores?

People aren't graphics whoring, the trailer is just so devoid of any kind of substance that all we really have to go on is graphics. The graphics are pretty notably horrible, too.

I'm good with it. It seems likely I'll be able to play this game on my toaster. I might be more butthurt if I spent $2000 a year upgrading my computer like some 'dexians, but since I won't upgrade my computer until I'm unable to play any new games I say: Thank you Bethesda for using old technology so I'll still be able to play this on release. I'll be pre-ordering when they announce the collector's edition (i also love cheap plastic shit for some reason).

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You can argue all you want, but in the end you'll buy it anyways.
:troll:
4339143+_216d1f42325867bc1346127b8becfb02.png
:d1p:
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm good with it. It seems likely I'll be able to play this game on my toaster

Are you sure? Skyrim looks like shit and still wouldn't run well for a lot of people, at least not until a bunch of patches and "stutter remover" fixes.

But what bothers me about the graphics in the trailer isn't the 2007-era models but the inexplicable choice of shaders that makes everything look like Dishonored, and not in a good way.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
Low graphics setting gets rid of retarded shader issues. Skyrim ran mostly fine for me. I had some CTD's when it first came out, but nothing particularly egregious. Once the stability patches come out, it'll be smoother than a tranny bottom.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Almost everything looks good in this game except the hands of the main character.. literally the thing you see 24/7 in a Bethesda game..

Wait a minute.. Airship... Plastic Square Hammer Hands..

Fallout Fantasy 7 Confirmed.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I applaud Bethesda's honesty. With so many companies releasing bullshit trailers these days, it's nice to get one that looks as bad as the game will.

Robert Jarzebina

I applaud Bethesda's honesty. With so many companies releasing bullshit trailers these days, it's nice to get one that looks as bad as the game will.

But what if the game looks even worse and the trailer has the best graphics possible?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Spoiler alert:
It's going to suck.
I spent several minutes making this image so I shall post it here as well:
BYHqAqP.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

But what if the game looks even worse and the trailer has the best graphics possible?

I noticed stuttering in the trailer.. Even the bullshot trailers can't run on the GameBryo Engine. :lol:

Lemming42

Arcane
They did hire a 3rd party company to produce this masterpiece trailer, didn't they? If that's the best they could do with it the game itself should be a laugh riot.

K9doggie

Novice
I'm worried that there's going to be time travel involved and that there will be a plot twist where your protagonist was actually the one who set off the nukes through time travel.

If anyone was actually going to show the war itself, I'd rather it be Obsidian.

Also, any reason they couldn't have used someone who wasn't a boring white dude for the default PC?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'm worried that there's going to be time travel involved and that there will be a plot twist where your protagonist was actually the one who set off the nukes through time travel.

If anyone was actually going to show the war itself, I'd rather it be Obsidian.

That's just fucking stupid enough to be true. :incline:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
I buy all DLC for Fallout games as soon as they're released. Then I sperg all over the internets when they don't work due to bugs. Good timez.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
I buy all DLC for Fallout games as soon as they're released. Then I sperg all over the internets when they don't work due to bugs. Good timez.

Hopefully there will be paid mods..
What could go wrong?
:happytrollboy:

DLC are paid mods. I don't need more mods to pay for. Charging for your mod is a great way to make sure no one downloads it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom