Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
I'm worried that there's going to be time travel involved and that there will be a plot twist where your protagonist was actually the one who set off the nukes through time travel.

If anyone was actually going to show the war itself, I'd rather it be Obsidian.

That's just fucking stupid enough to be true. :incline:

That'd be such a bethesda thing to do. Take a little joke easter egg from Fallout 2 where the player goes back in time and breaks the water chip and make it the whole plot of their new game. They already did it with Mothership Zeta DLC.

Adon

Arcane
You know, with a voiced protagonist, it makes the idea of a dialogue wheel in Fallout 4 be a very real possibility. I'm curious to know if they're going to head in that direction, or if they'll just have Troy Baker voice every line in the dialogue tree with maybe less dialogue this time around.

Gord

Arcane
I applaud Bethesda's honesty. With so many companies releasing bullshit trailers these days, it's nice to get one that looks as bad as the game will.

Hey, there's still a good chance that the actual game will look considerably worse.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'm worried that there's going to be time travel involved and that there will be a plot twist where your protagonist was actually the one who set off the nukes through time travel.

If anyone was actually going to show the war itself, I'd rather it be Obsidian.

That's just fucking stupid enough to be true. :incline:

That'd be such a bethesda thing to do. Take a little joke easter egg from Fallout 2 where the player goes back in time and breaks the water chip and make it the whole plot of their new game. They already did it with Mothership Zeta DLC.

Maybe we go back to Fallout 3.. and then you just play that game again.. with plastic hammer hands.. :smug:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Jozoz

Prophet
Here's a gem from Rockpapershotgun "It seems that the Brotherhood of Steel – or some local equivalent – had some manner of foothold pre-bombs here. Are they stopping these poor shmoes from reaching the fallout shelters?"

Dear god.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda :

- "Hey guys see that downgrade scandal in vodkaland? How do we avoid it?"
- "I just had an idea! Let's make the game look like shit from the very begining!"
- "ARE YOU A FUCKING GENIUS?"

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bethesda :

- "Hey guys see that downgrade scandal in vodkaland? How do we avoid it?"
- "I just had an idea! Let's make the game look like shit from the very begining!"
- "ARE YOU A FUCKING GENIUS?"
At least they're honest with their incompetency. Or maybe they're so incompetent that they can't even conjure footage that looks better than the final product.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone following any less prestigious, even mainstream forums? What is the reaction of the dumb casual sheeple this trailer is actually aimed at?

Catfish

Learned
This seriously looks like a graphics mod for Fallout .

Remove the green tint, upped the texture resolution and added some foilage and rays. It barely passes as an upgrade. Seriously, there are games that came out a decade ago that rival if not outright surpass this trailer's graphical fidelity. Ultimately this comes as a price for using an incredibly outdated graphical engine, and it is not just the graphics and animatin that will suffer from this. The game itself will carry the same damn mechanical flaws of the other recent The Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Capital Wasteland, Skyrim); The bugs will remain, the lighting will look unnatural and there wont even be shred of ambient occulsion.

The whole thing just comes across as cheap, if not outright lazy. Not that I blame them of course, since the zombie hordes are bound to eat this shit up regardless. Bethesda could take a shit in a box, put a 60 dollar MSRP on it and still sell millions.

Really? The graphics are what concerns you? Sure, because bethesder got the lore, tone and key game mechanics so well the last time. You can clearly see, that they will do Fallout justice, what with the most importantestest aspect of the series - the doge! A simple Road Warrior / A Boy and His Dog reference from FO1 is now going to be the central focus of the game. A pet system. Good. Good.

Good.

And how the hell did central Boston survive the bombs? In NV it took a lot of setting up how much it took House to keep Vegas from getting nuked. So how is it that the Revere statue and that colonial era building are still in good condition?? (not american myself, so not sure what that building is)

Though, to be fair, if there will be a "home base" type of mechanic as seen at the end of the trailer - that would be nice. And the decker-type noire trenchcoat dude looks kind of kewl. And a pet system.

Good.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I hated Fallout 3 and could not get into F:NV either. The trailer for Fallout 4 is shit. Doesn't even FEEL like Fallout to me.:S The look of it's way off. Fallout is still dead. Good. I've gone through the 'five stages of grief' a long time ago and accepted the fact that Fallout died with Van Buren.

Adon

Arcane

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Anyone following any less prestigious, even mainstream forums? What is the reaction of the dumb casual sheeple this trailer is actually aimed at?

Checked on reddit, neogaf, twitter, bethesda forums. Everyone is saying it will be the best game ever.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
c9b087112ab10590a34a10b639173b1d.png

I don't think you need a translation for this.

Renegen

Arcane
Apparently the lovely people on reddit are telling us this picture is proof the game will take place in Boston.

CbCwsN0.jpg

What is it? It's "Fenway Park". barf

Adon

Arcane

Checked on reddit, neogaf, twitter, bethesda forums. Everyone is saying it will be the best game ever.

I guess it depends. I'm seeing people laughing at the graphics and animations, which is pretty much all we really have at the moment. Although I suspect most will ignore/don't care about the story and lore anyway.

K9doggie

Novice
The "Let's go, buddy" at the end bugs me. It's too optimistic. The setting is supposed to be morose.

Who wants to take guesses as to how long the tutorial will be?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom