Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mech

Cipher
Oh god I missed reading this. Hahahahaha.

Catfish

Learned
And it's not like they don't know how to do trailers - remember the Skyrim ingame trailer? It looked awesome in comparison, and that was 2011.
I have this awful feeling that the guy who did the Skyrim trailers (core game and the DLCs) has been fired and been replaced by yet another high school buddy of Todd Howard.

Looks like it :). And this sure as hell doesn't look like something del Toro would have made

Anyone following any less prestigious, even mainstream forums? What is the reaction of the dumb casual sheeple this trailer is actually aimed at?
Here's googletranslated reactions from a russian gaming site, just for you
  • Kirill Zayets
    Remake of Fallout 3 ...

• http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php SXX
    It is unfortunate that this Skyrim with guns.
    frownie.png

• Anton
    Not hooked somehow. At the beginning of the F3 frames though, and I was hoping that they would return to the West Coast, to their homes, but Boston may also be of interest to Canada next, to see how people live there and they think about states.

• Golgari
    Visually fins gene. The guys made the game obviously under the fins gene and at the last moment refused it IMO. The same "no-tech" Witcher 3 udelyvaet Foll4 in everything in my opinion. From self-darkening ending portrayal of the characters. The same dog looks well, just about anything. Crap dog in ancient COD: Ghosts and that was prettier.

• Elidar
    Mdam ... Nicely, of course, but ... Seems to me it would be another game, "style", just as was the notorious third. From the spirit of Tola there was nothing, there was only an imitation of the setting. It is sad.
    Early in the course, more of something to judge, so we'll see. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Ben Gunn
    Something not very visible improvement in the graphics department. But there is a Brotherhood of Steel armor, anklavovskie turntables and some airship.

• Dagoth Sausage
    Lord, I do not find fault with you to the chart. The game without it will be terrible by shit.

• Nerd_Sp
    What the F * ck is this?
    No, seriously, what is it?
    Colorful cartoon graphics, 2006go years old, the same year, and the animation (2:24 gait native of asylum just because of the 2nd Fall), some inarticulate speaker.
    Where post-apocalypse?
    Where is Ron Perlman with his sneaks up ants «War, War never changes?»
    And this I have been waiting all these years?

It's more like fans' machinima SARS.

• Kirill Zayets
    "Beautiful" also had to be in quotes

• Anton
    Wait 5th Fall in general that it was necessary, he will be very not bad
    simple-smile.png

• Ulris Ventis
    Beauty beauty, and epic finale looks terrible ..)

• bigtiger
    Shop Pavilions immediately pereklinilo.

• In.famous
    Okay, let's play. In Weiner stsat high bell tower.

• Greensmok
    People looking at a nuclear explosion ...

• mplain
    Ok, now we are one step closer to the New Vegas 2
    simple-smile.png

• Elidar
    I agree.

• Nerd_Sp
    The trailer generally the impression that the dogma - the reincarnation of the baby in the cradle, who returned to his parents' house) LOL.

• Anton
    By the way the idea is shown in the video world in minutes (chasydni) before the war, would have been an interesting move, a tutorial thread saver xx years later, the game begins.

• Yursen
    they do not even hide the fact that the game will be the feces, which will still be written western cretica, and which will sell huge numbers

• Scrawder Man
    And tell us about the plot and the gameplay time for that matter

• doozza
    I do not believe =) I mean, smooth stele

• Khabarov Victor
    The rumors were right, the real action will take place in Boston, recognize some places. A trailer is not scared ... of course the explosion and ugly graphics, meaninglessness and lack of spirit Fall
    frownie.png

The technical demo, Van Buren was just was shown a tutorial which takes place during the war.

• bored_bystander
    Looks like a regular share on Gamebryo reuse some old meshes, well over chtoooo? ..

• Hubbazz
    There is no options - F1 and 2 will never return. And then either play Skyrim with guns and weak graphics, or not play at all.

• SeaBadger
    Well, how much will komentov about the lack of the spirit of the old school? Bethesda makes the continuation of the second Fallout, but some take it in my opinion can not.

• In.famous
    Do not play. )

• http://bit.ly/QzzY6d [Adeptus Retardes] Rektor Hex
    At first I even thought that watching the trailer Borderlends =)

Actually, none of those who are here in a negative way and not unsubscribed waiting game from Bethesda, lol.

• Anton
    Hmm, well, I like the idea in any case, it can be nice to beat, with all the disadvantages F3 beginning was original.

• bigtiger
    No longer just a "schedule is not in The Witcher"

• In.famous
    Well, conductive posts 700 rivet on the "miserable" game.

If now entered the game with the exact same graphics in New Vegas from Obsidian, I would have played. All the same, even at the time of Fallout 3 it grafon of hell was outdated.

• Toledo
    Well, damn you give a natural assemblage of scribblers! You'll play a game or watch a movie? I never defend the gazebo, but for me the main thing that the gameplay was close to the classics. And the schedule does not care.

With that it is only the announcement and the game has already poured a bunch of crap. That will come - then we'll talk.

• bored_bystander
    I do not need the old school fans of the old school long ago despaired and read his beloved wall text in the column. Need a decent modern game, but instead the arbor Action shooting the Polish level of zero-point shooter and RPG component level modern biovars.

• Kirill Zayets
    At a news about Fallout 4 me briefly flashed a spark of hope, but remembering that this Bethesda, immediately extinguished. Looked movie - was not mistaken in their expectations. Skyrim with guns in the setting of the PA, and not in the best performance.

• ennead
    It is only if obsidians agree, and now they have it nafig

Well, actually I was very lucky New Vegas and it was hoped that the subject also does not Bethesda.

• Muromets
    Home - well, just five minutes' Will gentle rain. "
    Dog House.
    All died.

Lepota.

• Kirill Zayets
    And you still expect that there will be at least some approximation to the classics?
    As for gameplay and graphics agrees.

• Krik_iddqd
    Scho for "borderlends" I just looked up? O_o

• Khabarov Victor
  • Graphics - is not only the number of polygons, and the work of artists. Folly first largely delayed just that, attention to detail, consistency of style, the spirit. Here is it does not smell at all
    frownie.png

Anyone following any less prestigious, even mainstream forums? What is the reaction of the dumb casual sheeple this trailer is actually aimed at?
Here's googletranslated reactions from a russian gaming site, just for you
  • Kirill Zayets
    Remake of Fallout 3 ...

It is unfortunate that this Skyrim with guns.
    frownie.png

• Anton
    Not hooked somehow. At the beginning of the F3 frames though, and I was hoping that they would return to the West Coast, to their homes, but Boston may also be of interest to Canada next, to see how people live there and they think about states.

• Golgari
    Visually fins gene. The guys made the game obviously under the fins gene and at the last moment refused it IMO. The same "no-tech" Witcher 3 udelyvaet Foll4 in everything in my opinion. From self-darkening ending portrayal of the characters. The same dog looks well, just about anything. Crap dog in ancient COD: Ghosts and that was prettier.

• Elidar
    Mdam ... Nicely, of course, but ... Seems to me it would be another game, "style", just as was the notorious third. From the spirit of Tola there was nothing, there was only an imitation of the setting. It is sad.
    Early in the course, more of something to judge, so we'll see. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Ben Gunn
    Something not very visible improvement in the graphics department. But there is a Brotherhood of Steel armor, anklavovskie turntables and some airship.

• Dagoth Sausage
    Lord, I do not find fault with you to the chart. The game without it will be terrible by shit.

• Nerd_Sp
    What the F * ck is this?
    No, seriously, what is it?
    Colorful cartoon graphics, 2006go years old, the same year, and the animation (2:24 gait native of asylum just because of the 2nd Fall), some inarticulate speaker.
    Where post-apocalypse?
    Where is Ron Perlman with his sneaks up ants «War, War never changes?»
    And this I have been waiting all these years?

It's more like fans' machinima SARS.

• Kirill Zayets
    "Beautiful" also had to be in quotes

• Anton
    Wait 5th Fall in general that it was necessary, he will be very not bad
    simple-smile.png

• Ulris Ventis
    Beauty beauty, and epic finale looks terrible ..)

• bigtiger
    Shop Pavilions immediately pereklinilo.

• In.famous
    Okay, let's play. In Weiner stsat high bell tower.

• Greensmok
    People looking at a nuclear explosion ...

• mplain
    Ok, now we are one step closer to the New Vegas 2
    simple-smile.png

• Elidar
    I agree.

• Nerd_Sp
    The trailer generally the impression that the dogma - the reincarnation of the baby in the cradle, who returned to his parents' house) LOL.

• Anton
    By the way the idea is shown in the video world in minutes (chasydni) before the war, would have been an interesting move, a tutorial thread saver xx years later, the game begins.

• Yursen
    they do not even hide the fact that the game will be the feces, which will still be written western cretica, and which will sell huge numbers

• Scrawder Man
    And tell us about the plot and the gameplay time for that matter

• doozza
    I do not believe =) I mean, smooth stele

• Khabarov Victor
    The rumors were right, the real action will take place in Boston, recognize some places. A trailer is not scared ... of course the explosion and ugly graphics, meaninglessness and lack of spirit Fall
    frownie.png

The technical demo, Van Buren was just was shown a tutorial which takes place during the war.

• bored_bystander
    Looks like a regular share on Gamebryo reuse some old meshes, well over chtoooo? ..

• Hubbazz
    There is no options - F1 and 2 will never return. And then either play Skyrim with guns and weak graphics, or not play at all.

• SeaBadger
    Well, how much will komentov about the lack of the spirit of the old school? Bethesda makes the continuation of the second Fallout, but some take it in my opinion can not.

• In.famous
    Do not play. )

• http://bit.ly/QzzY6d [Adeptus Retardes] Rektor Hex
    At first I even thought that watching the trailer Borderlends =)

Actually, none of those who are here in a negative way and not unsubscribed waiting game from Bethesda, lol.

• Anton
    Hmm, well, I like the idea in any case, it can be nice to beat, with all the disadvantages F3 beginning was original.

• bigtiger
    No longer just a "schedule is not in The Witcher"

• In.famous
    Well, conductive posts 700 rivet on the "miserable" game.

If now entered the game with the exact same graphics in New Vegas from Obsidian, I would have played. All the same, even at the time of Fallout 3 it grafon of hell was outdated.

• Toledo
    Well, damn you give a natural assemblage of scribblers! You'll play a game or watch a movie? I never defend the gazebo, but for me the main thing that the gameplay was close to the classics. And the schedule does not care.

With that it is only the announcement and the game has already poured a bunch of crap. That will come - then we'll talk.

• bored_bystander
    I do not need the old school fans of the old school long ago despaired and read his beloved wall text in the column. Need a decent modern game, but instead the arbor Action shooting the Polish level of zero-point shooter and RPG component level modern biovars.

• Kirill Zayets
    At a news about Fallout 4 me briefly flashed a spark of hope, but remembering that this Bethesda, immediately extinguished. Looked movie - was not mistaken in their expectations. Skyrim with guns in the setting of the PA, and not in the best performance.

• ennead
    It is only if obsidians agree, and now they have it nafig

Well, actually I was very lucky New Vegas and it was hoped that the subject also does not Bethesda.

• Muromets
    Home - well, just five minutes' Will gentle rain. "
    Dog House.
    All died.

Lepota.

• Kirill Zayets
    And you still expect that there will be at least some approximation to the classics?
    As for gameplay and graphics agrees.

• Krik_iddqd
    Scho for "borderlends" I just looked up? O_o

• Khabarov Victor
  • Graphics - is not only the number of polygons, and the work of artists. Folly first largely delayed just that, attention to detail, consistency of style, the spirit. Here is it does not smell at all
    frownie.png
Some riotpixels users know shit. \m/

DeepOcean

Arcane
Why do you guys bother? It's like watching Marvel movies time and again. Neither these movies nor Bethesda titles will ever turn out to be good.
There are three camps:
There are the ever hopeful that still hope modern Bethesda will make something that isn't retarded and I don't fucking know why. (they won the prize of best writing for Fallout 3 why do you guys think they are going to change?)
The ones that hope for a Feargus Slam Dunk.
The ones that liked Fallout 3 because they have no taste and are going to cry like little girls when Dogmeat die.

Don Peste

Arcane
Reminder of the Fallout 3 trailer for those who don't have it singed into their brains forever:

Compare and contrast etc

This was the first Fallout 3 trailer. It looked quite promising to me (I didn't know about Bethesda back then. :().

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
mmYskzL.jpg

What in the actual fuck is this thing supposed to be? Even the zeppelin kind of makes sense. But this thing, what the fuck.

1281080907682532456.png

Would explain some of those leaked documents about "The Institute" from 2013.

The player character may do the intro instead of Ron. Maybe he's somewhere else in the game.

Catfish

Learned
The ones that liked Fallout 3 because they have no taste and are going to cry like little girls when Dogmeat die.

This seems like a good time to load up FO1, pick bloody mess as a starting trait, find a shotgun, go to Junktown and gun Dogmeat down out of sheer spite :argh:

Lemming42

Arcane
What in the actual fuck is this thing supposed to be? Even the zeppelin kind of makes sense. But this thing, what the fuck.

A Red Wings airship from Final Fantasy IV.

Presumably people have, for reasons known only to Todd and themselves, lifted a big ship on top of a ruined bank and decided to live on it, despite there being no logical reason at all to do so. As for the jets on the back, fuck knows.

Why do you guys even bother? It's like watching Marvel movies time and again. Neither these movies nor Bethesda titles will ever turn out to be good.
It's fun to watch a trainwreck.
I know, but IMHO we'd better hype BT4 - they need it. Even though I don't trust InXile all that much, they earned at least one more chance to deliver.
It's sad that Bethersda is stealing Fargo's wind now :(

Curlbrah

Educated
Can't wait for Bethesda to take yet another big fat live turd on one of my favourite game series.
I'd argue that it's impossible for Fallout 4 to be worse than Fallout 3 but I feel like Todd hasn't revealed his final form yet.

How about having Three Dog's twin brother Three Dawg as the radio host?
How about time travel? We've seen a nuclear detonation in the trailer, why not travel back in time with the help of an Elder Scroll and beat the Chinese in an all out Ping Pong mini game.
Naturally an RPG needs a cover based multiplayer. Can't wait to headshot me some noobs.
It's also time for romance already. Come on Bethesda, how am I supposed to play this game without going down town on some cute ghoul boo? Even BioWare gets that right.
Also DRAGONS. Would be hella fuckin epic dude.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Animations still bad, lighting still bad, locations look a little better. I don't think any of the dog stuff from the trailer will actually be in the game, maybe it starts with evacuating your family to the vault
c9b087112ab10590a34a10b639173b1d.png

I don't think you need a translation for this.

check the chat http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
:0-13:

Lemming42

Arcane
Would explain some of those leaked documents about "The Institute" from 2013.

The player character may do the intro instead of Ron. Maybe he's somewhere else in the game.

That document is interesting if true, firstly because it suggests the game will be set earlier in the timeline than Fallout 1 but also because a pre-made character, surely, goes against the Bethesda Formula™ which is guaranteed to rake in the cash.

Trailer tells us nothing really, except what we already knew (ITZ happened)

I wonder if Obsidian will make the expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom