Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Went to check out the GOG sale and one of the first things was a deal on Fallout 4 for $42.

darthaegis

Cipher
They could have a Fallout sale right about now ffs. Haven't played New Vegas yet.

pippin

Would explain some of those leaked documents about "The Institute" from 2013.

The player character may do the intro instead of Ron. Maybe he's somewhere else in the game.

That actually sounds as if you were the Overseer. That would mean the player character had the Sneering Imperialist tagged by default, and, sadly, it actually fits more with the BoS mindset than anything Beth could make.

Flying ships from jRPGs, Bethesda sure knows their modern audience :smug:

If they really wanted to ape jrpgs, they would include a town full of lolis. They kinda did that in 3.

What in the actual fuck is this thing supposed to be? Even the zeppelin kind of makes sense. But this thing, what the fuck.

Is this really surprising though? ...

Megaton-Nuke.jpg
[ /spoiler]

Tactics had ghouls worshipping an atomic bomb. NV had more ghouls using giant toy rockets as their ticket to the promised land. Crazy people have always been there, my real problem is that you die from rads but this guy won't. He's not even being ghoulified.

Would explain some of those leaked documents about "The Institute" from 2013.

The player character may do the intro instead of Ron. Maybe he's somewhere else in the game.

That document is interesting if true, firstly because it suggests the game will be set earlier in the timeline than Fallout 1 but also because a pre-made character, surely, goes against the Bethesda Formula™ which is guaranteed to rake in the cash.

Maybe he's somehow put into suspended animation during the bomb drop itself? Would explain the frequent flashbacks; he knows what this shit all looked like before. Now he's watching a bunch of barely literate savages hack it apart to cobble together homes out of stop signs and powered by leaky generators.

"I'm looking for my family...."

Don Peste

Arcane
In case you didn't get anything:

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:N...e_Home_-_Trailer_analysis_and_summary#Summary
  • The entire trailer appears to be shot using in-engine assets.
  • The theme music is The Ink Spots' It's All Over But the Crying
  • The game is set in the Commonwealth, around the former city of Boston. The Paul Revere statue from North End is a dead giveaway.
  • Diamond City, which appears to be built around Boston's largest stadium, appears to be a major location and faction in the game.
  • Other locations in the trailer include Bunker Hill, Scollay Square Olympia Theater, the Memory Den club and the Massachussetts State House.
  • A separate mention goes to the USS Constitution, which appears to have wound up in a bank after a rocket-boosted voyage. Thanks to Will van Horn for pointing this out!
  • The inclusion of pre-War sequences indicates a playable tutorial sequence set before the Great War. This may also indicate that the game may be set shortly after the war.
  • The protagonist is an inhabitant of Vault 111 - and appears to be fully voiced. The PIP-Boy 3000 will once again be the UI for the game. The jumpsuit is much less loose and more form fitting, like the original Fallout jumpsuits.
  • There will be a canine companion.
  • New Vertibird variants appear, including a transport version with an open cargo hold. The player will use it at one point or another in the story.
  • Giant armored zeppelins will appear, allied with whomever operates the new Vertibirds.
  • The T-45d in the garage indicates that power armor customization and/or repairs may be included. Note that the soldier in the Vertibird has mismatched power armor components - arm from the T-45d, but pauldron from the T-51b.
  • Of course, there will be new weapons added. Among these, it seems there's a makeshift rifle.
v5KEDgW.jpg

:prosper:

Deleted member 7219

Bethesda should have handed the development over to Obsidian, and sat back and counted the money as publisher. I can't see them ever making a game as good as New Vegas.

Avellion

Erudite
Really? The graphics are what concerns you? Sure, because bethesder got the lore, tone and key game mechanics so well the last time. You can clearly see, that they will do Fallout justice, what with the most importantestest aspect of the series - the doge! A simple Road Warrior / A Boy and His Dog reference from FO1 is now going to be the central focus of the game. A pet system. Good. Good.

Good.

And how the hell did central Boston survive the bombs? In NV it took a lot of setting up how much it took House to keep Vegas from getting nuked. So how is it that the Revere statue and that colonial era building are still in good condition?? (not american myself, so not sure what that building is)

Though, to be fair, if there will be a "home base" type of mechanic as seen at the end of the trailer - that would be nice. And the decker-type noire trenchcoat dude looks kind of kewl. And a pet system.

Good.
I will wait to see how horribly they butcher the lore before I complain. My complaints about hte lore now would obviously not to the lore rape "justice". Because Bethesda's team is guaranteed to rape the lore harder than they would in my worst nightmares.

omega21

Arcane
Since we see the family in that house trying to gain entry to the vault, how much are you willing to bet you play some dude tasked with finding something to do with their prewar life?

Ignoring the fact that this happened, fuck, more than 2 centuries ago; I'm sure the house is still standing, right guys?

Catfish

Learned
I will wait to see how horribly they butcher the lore before I complain. My complaints about hte lore now would obviously not to the lore rape "justice". Because Bethesda's team is guaranteed to rape the lore harder than they would in my worst nightmares.

Don't you think it would be best to burn out and save yourself the breakdown when the actual game comes out? :)

Zeronet

Learned
More gems incomming from kotaku
See the guys in armour there? That’s the Enclave, policing who can and cannot get into the vault. Spoilers: most people could not secure vault space...but it’s difficult to feel bad, considering the vaults were actually just glorified testing labs. I digress.

Also keeps calling Vertibirds, Vertiberds. I thought it was a typo, but it happens repeatedly.

Lemming42

Arcane
More gems incomming from kotaku
See the guys in armour there? That’s the Enclave, policing who can and cannot get into the vault. Spoilers: most people could not secure vault space...but it’s difficult to feel bad, considering the vaults were actually just glorified testing labs. I digress.

I want to laugh but it's actually making me angry, I thought I stopped getting angry over videogames years ago.

Gruncheon

Augur
wow fantastic another trip through the themepark of post-apocalyptica hey is that a rocketship wow random why would that be there my gravelly-voiced military main character sure does have some interesting crackerbarrel ruminations about war

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You can argue all you want, but in the end you'll buy it anyways.
:troll:

I sure as hell will not. Every prestigious, self-respecting person should abstain from giving money to Bethesda after what they did to Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom