Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Catfish

Learned
At this rate.. MCA could probably finish his let's play on FO4..

Maybe that was the bethesder plan all along...

darthaegis

Cipher
It's finally fucking time to post this again

FVPu7Qq.png
Holy shit... :retarded:

KevinV12000

Arcane
To round up the Boston stuff I noticed right away, for the benefit of our non-American (or uneducated American) comrades:

-- The plinith that looks like the Washington Monument is actually the Bunker Hill Monument, site of our first ass-kicking of the hapless Brits
-- The masted ship is the USS Constitution, aka Old Ironsides, of the U.S. Navy, home port is Boston
-- The statue of the man on the house is Paul Revere, also located in Boston
-- The gold dome is the capital building dome of the Massachusetts State House, Boston.

I did not see one Dunkin' Donuts, though. WTF

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wow, totally sucks that they went the voiced main character route. I hope this isn't a permanent trend. Like every new RPG seems to have voiced main characters now. It's the worst thing for me. The character never even says anything close to the options you can choose from. It's a gigantic waste of time and money for an RPG game to do this.

Catfish

Learned
Wow, totally sucks that they went the voiced main character route. I hope this isn't a permanent trend. Like every new RPG seems to have voiced main characters now. It's the worst thing for me. The character never even says anything close to the options you can choose from. It's a gigantic waste of time and money for an RPG game to do this.

This isn't confirmed though, right?

My expectations are low enough that I will probably not be terribly dissapointed (Let's be honest how many of you RAPE!RAPE!RAPE! faggots is going to play this for 100+ hours?). Hopefully Obsidian will deliver another real Fallout.

Voiced PC sucks.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

tumblr_m3ikgfmHtc1qfwnh0.jpg

pippin

This comment is 10 years late.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I'm seeing it in the notes from some of the posts. I hope it's not voiced and it's similar to Liam Neeson in Fallout: 3. I can get past a lot of shit in games, but voiced protagonists in an RPG game absolutely kill them for me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Trailer tells us nothing really, except what we already knew (ITZ happened)

Actualy trailer tells us a lot about gameplay. They wouldn't bother to make all those pre-war assets if they wouldn't be used, from the looks of it you will be playing pre-fallout times also. Maybe 2 stories running parallel.

Or like in Witcher 3 with Ciri gameplay, you will take control pre-fallout nuclear explosion for a few moments.

Also the narrator is saying the nuclear detonation just happened. Maybe you will be revisiting pre-explosion world or smth.

Zeronet

Learned
That's okay, Obsidian will make it better.

Hell no. Obsidian got monetarily buttfucked so hard by Bethesda/Zionmax that they sure as hell won't work for them anymore. Obsidian has way too much dignity and self-respect to...

header.jpg
armored-warfare.jpg
Dungeon_Siege_III.jpg

:slamdunk:

Were they really treated that badly? Sure they missed out on that the bonus payment, but other than that, they got to keep people employed and working on a game.

Catfish

Learned

I'm seeing it in the notes from some of the posts. I hope it's not voiced and it's similar to Liam Neeson in Fallout: 3. I can get past a lot of shit in games, but voiced protagonists in an RPG game absolutely kill them for me.

Seconded. Though, admittedly, it forms a neat package, with the zeppelin and the doge.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

Sorry for leddit link, but this thing everyone thought was a lame fake post doesn't actually seem that unlikely now.

I actually believe this is true. Everything on the list seems like something Bethesda would do.

Indeed :lol:

Clueless comment poster overestimating Bethesda's abilities said:
this is definitely written by a male. if you work at Bethesda, would you write so sloppy and in poor English? A world class developer would not write this garbage. very amateurish and stupid. no new actors named, just recycle older actors names and older characters of the game. how original...haha

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The more you watch the trailer the more it grows on you. It doesn't contain the retardism hype of skyrim with FUS RO DERP. We might get a very decent story here, everything looks solid, maybe if you are 15 year old and expected ponies that shoot rainbows from their ass you'd be dissapointed.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
To round up the Boston stuff I noticed right away, for the benefit of our non-American (or uneducated American) comrades:

-- The plinith that looks like the Washington Monument is actually the Bunker Hill Monument, site of our first ass-kicking of the hapless Brits
-- The masted ship is the USS Constitution, aka Old Ironsides, of the U.S. Navy, home port is Boston
-- The statue of the man on the house is Paul Revere, also located in Boston
-- The gold dome is the capital building dome of the Massachusetts State House, Boston.

I did not see one Dunkin' Donuts, though. WTF

[Intelligence]: So you're saying the game is set in Boston?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
moron said:
this is definitely written by a male. if you work at Bethesda, would you write so sloppy and in poor English? A world class developer would not write this garbage. very amateurish and stupid. no new actors named, just recycle older actors names and older characters of the game. how original...haha

My god, the soldiers were right, war, war never changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom