Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now that I've rewatched the trailer, it looks like the physics will still be hilariously bad. The clip with the attack by ghouls shows shopping carts flying gracefully through the air.

I'm pleased. The amount of lulz I've had from mammoths shooting through the air like majestic birds for no apparent reason keeps me warm at night.

Mech

Cipher
It's like 2007 all over again around here. You guys and your posts are just icing on the yummy cake that FO4 will be. This is gonna be a fun year. :lol:

Catfish

Learned
More gems incomming from kotaku
See the guys in armour there? That’s the Enclave, policing who can and cannot get into the vault. Spoilers: most people could not secure vault space...but it’s difficult to feel bad, considering the vaults were actually just glorified testing labs. I digress.

I want to laugh but it's actually making me angry, I thought I stopped getting angry over videogames years ago.

Yep. megaton. The wasteland survival guide chick. Goddamn little lamplight. All those things you just forced out of your memory... all coming back again.

Let the rage flow through you...

PS: i think it is time to replay FO3

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
v5KEDgW.jpg

:prosper:
6e8.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I like how colorful it is. I like that it looks like it will run well and not focus on ubergraphics that run like shit. I would guess the pre-war stuff is the tutorial. Wonder if it will take place earlier in the timeline then, with you a pre-war person? Interesting. Either way, this might get me back into playing games. Fallout has always made me its bitch, even the relatively terrible Fallout 3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can argue all you want, but in the end you'll buy it anyways.
:troll:
If you mean by that get it from piratebay you are right. Last Bethesda game I bought was Morrowind and that was from a sales bin. I also bought FNV (if that counts) for 75% off (and it was not even worth that).

pippin

My guess is that it will go like this:

Pre war situation

bombs fall

-FLASH OF LIGHT-

you are the great grandkid of the person from the initial sequence, lone wanderer 2

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Prequel or Time Travel.. doesn't matter..
Bethesda can't into story lines without large army's of fodder to kill.. This is just their attempt at retconning the destruction of the enclave.

Wonder if it will take place earlier in the timeline then, with you a pre-war person?

I was thinking about that, but there's vertibirds and magic-steampunk-jet-zeppelins aplenty, which surely don't fit a pre-Fallout 1 setting. Either way it's going to be a massive logic car crash.

I mean, the Rock Paper Shotgun article thinks the BoS is guiding people into bunkers.. Does anyone actually give a fuck about the story anymore? As long as there are ROCKET LASERS

darthaegis

Cipher
It's like 2007 all over again around here. You guys and your posts are just icing on the yummy cake that FO4 will be. This is gonna be a fun year. :lol:
Damn, you came back 11 years just to shitpost on the next Beth "Fallout" thread again?
:hero:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can argue all you want, but in the end you'll buy it anyways.
:troll:

I sure as hell will not. Every prestigious, self-respecting person should abstain from giving money to Bethesda after what they did to Fallout.
Get over it faggit.

I wonder what happened with that trailer, texture quality is hilariously bad. Still too early in production or what? Skyrim trailer was light years better, regarding both wow factor and visuals/effects.
They are experienced popamole AAA developers, how did that happen?
WTF is this shit?
Is it too much to ask nowadays to get at least a bit hyped before the inevitable disappointment?
:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I just can't give a shit anymore.

Atleast it looks like they continued the formula of retardation, so I don't even have to consider playing it (Even though nothing much is shown, I know)

Guess this acts as a good metaphor:

Bazooko+One.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That's okay, Obsidian will make it better.

Dunno.. Pete Hines was pretty fucking salty about Sawyer ripping on their engine.. I am guessing he is the PR megaphone for how Bethesda as a whole feels about some snarky hipster shitting on their engine while they are under fire from the PS4 consumer base.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was thinking about that, but there's vertibirds and magic-steampunk-jet-zeppelins aplenty

Wow nuclear postapo AND steampunk? Two of my least favourite settings combined with Todd Howard, torpid gameplay, plastic artstyle and 2006 graphics?

Ign goty 9/10.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The zeppelins make me think about Arcanum/FFX, the colourful palette makes me think about Rage and tbh there is nothing new that makes me think about the original Fallouts.

There is the song, the vault door, the power armor and the "War, war never changes" but all of them together have the charm of a creatively bankrupt corpse. Not really surprising considering the origin of this trailer.

Last edited:

Catfish

Learned
Wonder if it will take place earlier in the timeline then, with you a pre-war person?

I was thinking about that, but there's vertibirds and magic-steampunk-jet-zeppelins aplenty, which surely don't fit a pre-Fallout 1 setting. Either way it's going to be a massive logic car crash.

You find yourself aboard the IFS Zephyr, high above the Stonewall mountain range...

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

You find yourself aboard the IFS Zephyr, high above the Stonewall mountain range...

At this rate.. MCA could probably finish his let's play on FO4..

That's okay, Obsidian will make it better.

Hell no. Obsidian got monetarily buttfucked so hard by Bethesda/Zionmax that they sure as hell won't work for them anymore. Obsidian has way too much dignity and self-respect to...

header.jpg
armored-warfare.jpg
Dungeon_Siege_III.jpg

:slamdunk:

:lol: :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom