Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

Sorry for leddit link, but this thing everyone thought was a lame fake post doesn't actually seem that unlikely now.

I actually believe this is true. Everything on the list seems like something Bethesda would do.

Wow, that's a really good link. Sounds exactly like what some of the notes here have been saying. Too bad the spinoff isn't being released by Obsidian, though.

Athelas

Arcane
Dunno.. Pete Hines was pretty fucking salty about Sawyer ripping on their engine.. I am guessing he is the PR megaphone for how Bethesda as a whole feels about some snarky hipster shitting on their engine while they are under fire from the PS4 consumer base.
You're underestimating Pete Hines' love of making millions. New Vegas outsold Fallout 3 and was made at a fraction of the budget.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No Dunkin Donuts or Honeydew Donuts = not Boston. Not kidding. For anyone who has never been/lived there there's literally a Dunkin Donuts every three blocks.

Tigranes

Arcane

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If the male-only thing in the "leak" is true, the people who play these games to larp being a little japanese girl will be furious

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The trailer looks far better than FO3/New Vegas visually but... of course... it's a trailer.

Mech

Cipher
I have to say I am surprised though that the graphics do look worse than FO3 at times in the trailer. I don't care mind you because I loved the atmosphere/graphics in FO3, but their marketing team must have had some serious turnover if that was the best they could do. Then again it is in game assets instead of a god damn cinematic like 99% of trailers now a days so *shrug*.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Will have to wait for official announcement as to what engine is used, but to me it does not look like Gamebryo.

It might be the void engine which they bought from ID software, this is why also it looks similar to Rage at times.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This will sell like crazy, no matter how shit it is. Slam Dunk for Todd.

Ayreos

Augur
What the fuck, this trailer looks like something made in The Sims. It has to be a joke. I have literally never seen a trailer this bad before from a popular title. Every 13 years old can make a decent fan video on Youtube nowadays, so what is this? Todd's first Flash experience? You have to be retarded to not see how this looks abysmal in 2015.

Sykar

Arcane
That trailer made me want to vomit.

giphy.gif

Athelas

Arcane
The graphics looking like modded Skyrim and the running animation being virtually the exact same awkward gait as Fallout 3 would certainly suggest it's the Bethbryo engine in some form.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom