Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fairfax

Arcane
From /v/, apparently.
nE6Bv75.jpg

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Has it been said if companions have quests?

I don't know, but does it matter at this point?

More leaker info:
Pros:
Improved combat
You're not limited to 4 directions when walking anymore
Great lighting system that looks gorgeous
You can choose your weapons instantaneously and use grenades now
Improved models
Lots of interesting perks for customisation
Welldone character creator with a lot of choices
A map filled with hundreds of hours of content with quests and dungeons
since the map is small it's very dense and filled with new things to see every step

Cons:
Horrible dialogue system
Poor writing that does not allow the player to learn more about the world through conversation because it wont allow you to backtrack
Horrible animations that looked like an amateur did them
Same voice actors reused for most of the game so you easily recognise their voices
Immersion breaking player character commenting on your actions like lockpicking or hacking

All in all you can easily say that Fallout 4 is a funner and better game than the previous games and as an RPG, it's a step back for now.

At this point I wonder why I still keep wasting my time following this game. I know it will bore the shit out of me shortly as did Skyrim and MGSV.

Deleted member 7219

So Skills and Traits are gone, Perks are every level, and Attributes are what? Probably boosted to 10 through bobbleheads and Perks I guess.

They could have just kept the system from Fallout: New Vegas, that worked pretty well. They could have made a Fallout shooter AND let Obsidian make another Fallout RPG. But no, always something to decline.

Deleted member 7219

What could they possibly hack out for Fallout 5?

Fallout 5 really will be Call of Duty. I don't think it is hyperbole to say that. Fallout 3 introduced the shooting element and the attributes / skills / perks mattered way less, especially because you could get almost every attribute to 9 or 10 by the end of the game and DLC. Obsidian rescued it somewhat, and made all that stuff matter in conversations, interactions etc. But now Bethesda have taken the line that Fallout 3 just wasn't dumb enough. Just make everything about the perks. Those will be gone in Fallout 5 and the entire game will be a post-apoc sandbox Call of Duty.

They'll hack out everything RPG related except for conversations, and even those will be Three Dog / Moira Brown-ified, as if Mr. House, Caesar and all the fucking excellent stuff in New Vegas never existed.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
What, you thought the thread title was a troll?

Yeah I figured its some overreacting retard screaming at the top of his lungs. This is the Codex after all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go in the corner and scream like a retard at the top of my lungs.

Athelas

Arcane
What a coincidence that both an underground vault and one of the first nuclear explosions happen to be/take place practically in the backyard of the main character.

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
lol what a horrible mess, the animations in that last vid are pure shit (so is the combat and the loading time)

looks like 90% of the budget went into merchandising and commercials and the animations were done by a summer intern (on a saturday afternoon)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Guise you have to understand that this is a 300 hour dungeon crawler with guns where you shoot at super mutants. If you play Fallout 4 like this then it is a goty 10/10, but if you expect DEEP rpg with long dialogues you will be dissapointed.

You need to play this game with a specific mind set. It's good for what it is.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Guise you have to understand that this is a 300 hour dungeon crawler with guns where you shoot at super mutants. If you play Fallout 4 like this then it is a goty 10/10, but if you expect DEEP rpg with long dialogues you will be dissapointed.

Which is fine, but then Bethesda needs to stop to sell this as Role Playing Game.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Let's apply this to your No Man's Sky fanboi-ism:

"Guise you have to understand that this is a 300One hundred gazillion hour dungeonspace crawler with guns where you shoot at super mutants...things. If you play Fallout 4No Man's Sky like this then it is a goty 10/10, but if you expect DEEP rpg with long dialogues you will be dissapointed.

You need to play this game with a specific mind set. It's good for what it is."

:troll:

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why'd this game take so long to make? It really doesn't seem that different from the old ones. What I'm looking at here seems like it should have been out mid-2014 at the latest.

Next-gen console learning pains, perhaps.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Why'd this game take so long to make? It really doesn't seem that different from the old ones. What I'm looking at here seems like it should have been out mid-2014 at the latest.

Next-gen console learning pains, perhaps.

They wanted to be sure that the story and dialogues were going to be of the highest standards.

Adon

Arcane
Pros:
Improved combat
You're not limited to 4 directions when walking anymore
Great lighting system that looks gorgeous
You can choose your weapons instantaneously and use grenades now
Improved models
Lots of interesting perks for customisation
Welldone character creator with a lot of choices
since the map is small it's very dense and filled with new things to see every step

Some of these sounds like someone is trying hard to put a greater positive spin on the game. Improved combat is nice, but it still looks mediocre, and the 3rd person aiming looks downright atrocious with the character blocking your view at times. Hotkeys for weapons were already there in New Vegas, even on consoles. Don't know what is supposed to be interesting about most of these perks, a lot of them sound like an easy way to overpower your character. Having a hundreds of hours of content doesn't mean anything if that content is shit, etc.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

This isn't a pros anyway.
A small map filled with content is nothing more than a potato land. I know that my opinion is not much popular here, but The Witcher 3 is the right way in terms of level design in open world games. It has empty space with nothing, but that is necessary to allow the world to...breath.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
4 directions for walking limitation? About what is he talking about? You point mouse to direction and press forward...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
God, that fucking dog. Sliding around. Animations that don't sync up to anything. Constantly underfoot. Getting in the way of weapons fire. And of course being invulnerable for no reason. All for what?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom