Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MapMan

Arcane
Your all stupid haters

NCUNI9B.png

Combat's much improved, now I don't have to reload so much against Super Mutants. I just kill them all!

A couple of the perks sound interesting, but the rest are variations on a % improvement. Can anyone say with a straight face they're capable of propping up a character development system that has had so much removed?

Lemming42

Arcane
Guise you have to understand that this is a 300 hour dungeon crawler with guns where you shoot at super mutants. If you play Fallout 4 like this then it is a goty 10/10, but if you expect DEEP rpg with long dialogues you will be dissapointed.

You need to play this game with a specific mind set. It's good for what it is.

This was my view up until about two days ago. All the videos - literally every single one - took my low expectations and crushed them to pieces. I thought if they could recreate Fallout 3 again - competent dungeon crawler, some branching in quests, main problem being truly horrific writing, etc - then I'd be happy with it. Instead it looks like they've not only dumbed down from Fallout 3 (a phrase which should never have to be typed) but they've also actually managed to dumb down from Skyrim.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This was my view up until about two days ago. All the videos - literally every single one - took my low expectations and crushed them to pieces. I thought if they could recreate Fallout 3 again - competent dungeon crawler, some branching in quests, main problem being truly horrific writing, etc - then I'd be happy with it. Instead it looks like they've not only dumbed down from Fallout 3 (a phrase which should never have to be typed) but they've also actually managed to dumb down from Skyrim.

Nail on the head.

My expectations were already so low, it was almost impossible to make them any lower. But they actually manage to make my expectations lower, with almost every new bit of information coming out.

Its fucking horrifying. It really is.

Sky

Novice
Why'd this game take so long to make? It really doesn't seem that different from the old ones. What I'm looking at here seems like it should have been out mid-2014 at the latest.

Next-gen console learning pains, perhaps.

more ps4\xbones on the market for Christmas 2015 = more $$$

CrawlingDead

Learned
I didn't have any expectations. I already new what kind of bullshit they were making. I could see the writing on the walls months ago, which is why I didn't pre-order this bullshit. It's not even on my list of games to buy. I'll save my money for something decent.

Lemming42

Arcane
I didn't have any expectations. I already new what kind of bullshit they were making. I could see the writing on the walls months ago, which is why I didn't pre-order this bullshit. It's not even on my list of games to buy. I'll save my money for something decent.

I just didn't expect them to produce something that actually makes Fallout 3 look complex.

It's worth playing anyway, I reckon, because even if it is just literally killing everyone you meet it'll still provide some entertainment (ie Skyrim) and as always the modders will come out with some great stuff despite the base game. It's just absolutely staggering to have a game I had almost no expectations for fail to meet my expectations.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I don't know about you guys but Bethesda when they make games, they don't rush them. They manage to add every little detail they can and then they release the game with the hopes of fullfilling our expectatives. I'm getting already satisfied by what i'm seeing, and I believe this is goin to be a hell good of a game.

Jozoz

Prophet
At this point I'm actually considering that the rumour saying Todd Howard hired his childhood friend, who flunked out of animation school, as an animator might be true.

Shammy

Learned
I don't know about you guys but Bethesda when they make games, they don't rush them. They manage to add every little detail they can and then they release the game with the hopes of fullfilling our expectatives. I'm getting already satisfied by what i'm seeing, and I believe this is goin to be a hell good of a game.
I don't think anyone can argue this is rushed, since it did take them forever to release it, but what do you mean by "every little detail they can"? They completely gutted RPG elements and skimped on graphics/animations, as is Besthesda tradition. What part of anything save for maybe the improved combat seems appealing to you?

Frozen

Arcane
Cant wait to see romance video.
How would sex even work with all those plastic people that look like balloons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom