Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
and you probably cannot rebind keys on pc

although the arrow keys are a decent choice for the "dialogue" options
Eth9FUJ.png

Looks like some things can be adjusted. I did notice the bash/grenade button will always be bound together though.

:prosper:

Zeriel

Arcane
To be fair, much of modding is less technical improvements and more artistic design. Next-gen Bethesda character models would still be horrific, poorly animated, janky pieces of shit. And much of the best "oh wow look at my sexy character" mods from Skyrim are outright stolen from better games. There's countless armor sets stolen from Tera, Witcher, et cetera.

Some of the foliage/terrain redesign mods are very impressive, though.

Also, fuck ENB/depth of field shots. They look nice in a screenshot, but would be unplayable in motion.

I'm unfriending anyone on Steam who asks me if I've pre-ordered Fallout 4, if I'm excited about Fallout 4, or who tells me that they're pre-ordering Fallout 4 or are excited about Fallout 4.

I've known this expatriate German woman and her husband for over a decade, they know how I feel about this shit, and still I get this... FUCKING DROPPED.

0e29e449d0.png

You are heroic Sir. Will happily add you, so you won't be alone after exterminating all dumbfucks. :salute:

Mrfactty

Educated

Recommended

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
X7GGGpa.jpg

:negative:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
To be fair, much of modding is less technical improvements and more artistic design. Next-gen Bethesda character models would still be horrific, poorly animated, janky pieces of shit. And much of the best "oh wow look at my sexy character" mods from Skyrim are outright stolen from better games. There's countless armor sets stolen from Tera, Witcher, et cetera.

Some of the foliage/terrain redesign mods are very impressive, though.

That's actually not true. Many mods completely re-map textures to models, replace models altogether, improve texture quality, etc.
We have completely re-rigged models with entire animation sequences replaced (including facial features and mouth movements for speech)

This isn't just Skyrim Model+.. it's a completely rerigged model. Same goes for physics, they actually inject custom physics routines.

The problem with many mod screenshots are they are largely bullshots.. Modders use the perfect lighting / ENB to make the mod look amazing in that one scene.. then you walk outside and it looks completely different.

They are still a huge improvement over vanilla though.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, the system requirements are a laugh. Oh, I need a GTX 970 to run it on Ultra when the consoles are using a Radeon 7850? And it is, by their own insistence, the exact same graphical fidelity between platforms? How next-gen. :^)

Zeriel

Arcane
Expecting some kid on the internet to pull a Watch_Dogs in one week or two and find out the game has been made to look like ass on PC on purpose.

I doubt that's the case. Bethesda is just inept. It's not like they've ever shown pre-release footage where it looked miraculously great, then it later was revealed to be worse looking. It's always looked mediocre, like what you'd expect from the old gang.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, the system requirements are a laugh. Oh, I need a GTX 970 to run it on Ultra when the consoles are using a Radeon 7850? And it is, by their own insistence, the exact same graphical fidelity between platforms? How next-gen. :^)
Do you want to play in 1280x720 at 30FPS?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's amazing how everything about this game looks and sounds like a hasty attempt at overachieving gone horribly wrong.

Zeriel

Arcane
Do you want to play in 1280x720 at 30FPS?

Neither console is ever 720P, the Shitbox is sometimes 900P but the PS4 is pretty much always 1080P. Not to say I am impressed by any of it (quite the opposite), I just find it funny how completely everyone has given up on optimizing ports, they just rely on PC hardware to bruteforce everything.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Apart from Bethesdas ineptness, Micro$oft and $ony probably demand that games on PC must look just as shitty as on their latest crapsole. Micro$oft could probably have demanded a requirement for Win10 too.

cpmartins

Cipher
I doubt that's the case. Bethesda is just inept. It's not like they've ever shown pre-release footage where it looked miraculously great, then it later was revealed to be worse looking. It's always looked mediocre, like what you'd expect from the old gang.

Not true. Skyrim had built-in compiler-time toggleabe optimizations turned off for the sake of making the PC version of the game run like shit. Then a random dude programmed a patch who almost doubled the performance on all systems, by flipping a fucking byte on the executable. That is not incompetence. It's malice.

Gerrard

Arcane
Not true. Skyrim had built-in compiler-time toggleabe optimizations turned off for the sake of making the PC version of the game run like shit. Then a random dude programmed a patch who almost doubled the performance on all systems, by flipping a fucking byte on the executable. That is not incompetence. It's malice.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm unfriending anyone on Steam who asks me if I've pre-ordered Fallout 4, if I'm excited about Fallout 4, or who tells me that they're pre-ordering Fallout 4 or are excited about Fallout 4.

I've known this expatriate German woman and her husband for over a decade, they know how I feel about this shit, and still I get this... FUCKING DROPPED.

0e29e449d0.png
Is she hot?

bonescraper

To be fair, much of modding is less technical improvements and more artistic design.
Mostly this + replacement textures and shader tweaks. You really can't go over the engine's limitations, so everything you see on those modded screenshots could be made by Bethesda, if they had the talent. Bethesda's games are very moddable and their tools are very easy to use just as long as you're working within their limitations.

Now look at this 1998 flight sim for comparison.

And now look at the same thing in 2015.

That's how true modding looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeronet

Learned
I had a Fallout avatar in a few forums and profiles, but I removed all of them the other day. Unfortunately, soon enough being a Fallout fan will be as shameful and despicable as being a furry.

I'm keeping mine, its clearly from the real fallout games.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Thinking about how this is going to sell gazillions of copies breaks something within me. I thought I was passed all this bullshit after FO3 but...

Fuck man. Why did this have to happen to Fallout?

Somebody make it stop.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom