Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fallout 4 preorders now discounted 20% on greenman gaming with voucher code SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING. That's $12 of savings ... and a further $6 savings if you buy the fucking "Season Pass"!

This message is a public service announcement to test your faith. Will you click the link, or stand firm? :obviously:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
CTD0phDWsAAnIpQ.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Fallout 4 preorders now discounted 20% on greenman gaming with voucher code SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING. That's $12 of savings ... and a further $6 savings if you buy the fucking "Season Pass"!

This message is a public service announcement to test your faith. Will you click the link, or stand firm? :obviously:
Buy it so you can get the full Bethesda experience with automatic patches breaking your game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Thinking about how this is going to sell gazillions of copies breaks something within me. I thought I was passed all this bullshit after FO3 but...

Fuck man. Why did this have to happen to Fallout?

Somebody make it stop.

:negative:

Yeah. I honestly don't know why it gets so much to me, but it does. It happened to so many games before but I never really gave a shit.

Why couldn't they just make new IP and leave Fallout alone? They already had massive popularity and fanbase of old games didn't give a fuck about the new ones, so its not like it would have bombed.

Eh.

:negative:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
From Gameinformer:

Writer Emil Pagliarulo didn’t want to influence the decision to set Fallout 4 in Boston, as he grew up there, but once it was locked in stone as the series’ next destination, he didn’t hold back from inserting himself and his life into his work. “My house is in the game,” he says with a wide smile.
Todd Howard said:
“The main difference in the way we
develop [and other studios] is that we
will develop with as many knobs as
possible,” Howard says. “We’re always
thinking of scale. We’re not a team that
is just going to make eight guns and
spend forever on one gun. We knew
we were going to have thousands, so
we needed to develop a gun system
that had all of the dials.”

“You try not to think about, ‘What are we going

to do next?,’” Howard says. “We were working on

Skyrim at the time, but like anybody with this career

or who is talking about making a movie or a game,

ideas come to you. It was pretty early on that I said,

‘This is what will happen at the beginning of the

game. You’re going to play the day the bombs fall,

and head to the Vault.’ If I close my eyes and think

of a world or IP, I see classic images. For Fallout,

I see the world that was left behind, the bombs falling, and going into the Vault. Just making [those

images] come to life excited me, and everyone else

from the get-go.”

This is pure gold :D. I recommend to read it all.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How long after release are we gonna see HD-texture modpacks and total overhauls I wonder.

Let alone story rewrites.

I remember trying to assemble get all the right mods and everything for fallout 3 to work just right, was harder than getting a PhD and nobel prize in mathematics

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know, until I got that email from greenman, I didn't know there was a Season Pass available. So I decided to look up what the DLC will be, and ... Bethesda themselves have no fucking idea.

Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year.

Yet they are charging $30 for it up front. I checked back in the thread and this was remarked upon in passing at the time by a couple people ... I'm surprised this didn't become more of a thing. I've seen a lot of DLC chicanery before but nothing this vague, and certainly nothing this simultaneously vague and expensive.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How long after release are we gonna see HD-texture modpacks and total overhauls I wonder.

Let alone story rewrites.

I wonder too. What's keeping me from purchasing this is the question if some 13 year old masturbationist is gonna write the next best Fallout story and mod it in this game along with a decent character system and turn-based combat.

Mozg

Arcane
What's in a name? This ain't really Fallout.

I still get a little buttblasted when there's a cool Fallout thing (like the little "stepping into a suit of power armor" animation) that's encased in Bethesdaness.

But I'm ok, this is ok. The world can have this in it and it's fine. It's Fine.

I think Destiny has like 20 million players.
People don't really think much of it, but they *do* play it a lot.
GAH. You're right.
Destiny players grow to 25 million, putting in 3 hours per day

Tuesday, 3 November 2015 09:36 GMT By Matt Martin

Destiny’s registered user base has grown from 20 to 25 million in three months.

The number of registered users playing Destiny has risen from 20 million to 25 million.

On average, players are putting in three hours per day. Activision launched Destiny the Taken King in September, a clear factor in pushing the user base up.

“Day-one downloads broke PlayStation records, day-one engagement saw the highest number of active players in Destiny’s history, daily player engagement is now well above 3 hours per day and the Destiny community has climbed to over 25 million registered players,” said Activision of the The Taken King launch.

“Since its launch, Destiny has become the most watched console game on Twitch.”

Last night it was revealed that Activision bought Candy Crush Saga outfit King.com for $5.9 billion.
People sure seem to love their grindan analog stick shootans. :negative:

pippin

Yeah, Destiny is like a mobile game, but for consoles.
Edit: which is weird now that Activision has bought King.

Shin

Cipher
Oh lol.

Wasn't Destiny a flop tho'? I distinctly remember reading something about how it couldn't retain its userbase.

Afaik they (Bungie) is doing pretty well with Destiny since they got all these fools suckered in by their $300-for-a-shitty-fps bait-and-hook business model. Get them hooked on some diablo-esque kind of slotmachine and force them to upgrade said machine every few months. So maybe Bethsoft is inspired by more than it's mind blowing '30 fps per second'.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You know, until I got that email from greenman, I didn't know there was a Season Pass available. So I decided to look up what the DLC will be, and ... Bethesda themselves have no fucking idea.

Yet they are charging $30 for it up front. I checked back in the thread and this was remarked upon in passing at the time by a couple people ... I'm surprised this didn't become more of a thing. I've seen a lot of DLC chicanery before but nothing this vague, and certainly nothing this simultaneously vague and expensive.
Sounds a lot like the new Hitman game you keep championing.

Gerrard

Arcane
Oh lol.
u29DeYQ.png

Wasn't Destiny a flop tho'? I distinctly remember reading something about how it couldn't retain its userbase.
VTcnGxg.jpg

"Destiny has become the most watched console game on Twitch.”
>literally watching paint dry
Wait, is this free to play or are they claiming they sold 25 million copies of this garbage?

Black

Arcane
I'm unfriending anyone on Steam who asks me if I've pre-ordered Fallout 4, if I'm excited about Fallout 4, or who tells me that they're pre-ordering Fallout 4 or are excited about Fallout 4.

I've known this expatriate German woman and her husband for over a decade, they know how I feel about this shit, and still I get this... FUCKING DROPPED.

0e29e449d0.png
I approve of The Great Cleansing of 2015.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom