Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Fallout 4's gonna be shit.

Honestly though the trailer was alright, I'll take that calm preview and realistic expectations over retarded shit like this any day.

Can't win with some of you people, if it's an fmv you complain that it's gonna be downgraded if it's honest looking you complain it's not fmv enough.
:excellent:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The problem isn't that it's honest looking, it's that the game it's showing us was made for hardware that was released 10 years ago and laughably obsolete even then.

Catfish

Learned
The problem isn't that it's honest looking, it's that the game it's showing us was made for hardware that was released 10 years ago and was already obsolete then.

Last-gen console compatibility ftw.

Though it is genuinely surprising to me that graphical fidelity is such a complaint in this thread, when bigshipz and doge seem to be the central focus content-wise

imweasel

Morons, young children, the easily amused, and those with low standards love Bethesda's (newer) games and never noticed or cared about the obvious faults that all of them have. Like the

shallow writing,
near non-existant story,
mediocre presentation,
shallow atmosphere,
poor voice acting,
lousy animations,
atrocious UI,
crappy amusement park-like open world,
copy-pasted world design,
dumbed down RPG mechanics,
boring character (progression) system,
bullshit level scaling,
awful combat,
lame quest design (including a main quest line that can be finished in 30 - 45 minutes, which is fucking stupid and pointless),
shitty itemization,
largely unispired world design (towns, cities and locations),
horrible crafting system

and the generally poorly designed, unchallenging and shitty gameplay.*

But Bethesda apparently went too far when they decided that Fallout 4 should also have completely outdated graphics, because the steamtards are going absolutely batshit about this right now. :lol:

*in before DraQ

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
We already knew the story and gameplay would be shit, it's a Bethesda game. The one thing it might have had going for it was graphics, but we now know that's not the case, because it's being made for the same consoles as fucking Oblivion.

We already knew the story and gameplay would be shit, it's a Bethesda game. The one thing it might have had going for it was graphics, but we now know that's not the case, because it's being made for the same consoles as fucking Oblivion.
Yeah, I don't think that anybody in a possession of at least two working brain cells could reasonably hope that Beth can into story, characters, quests, deep RPG system, and so on. Only thing that they ever done post-Oblivion (which was shit in every conceivable way) were decent-to-shitty location designs (but mostly for Skyrim, F3 was bloody awful in that aspect), and, maybe, graphics (again, mostly for Skyrim and with mods). So what's that to debate, other than Beth cannot into anything, it seems. But still it would sell like hot cakes on a cold winter day.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's not even 24 hours and the official trailer has over 6 million views HOLY SHIT. Gonna be bigger than Skyrim.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Reminder of the Fallout 3 trailer for those who don't have it singed into their brains forever:

Compare and contrast etc

Hmm... NPCs and environment seem to have exactly the same level of detail, like the ones in the Fallout 4 trailer.
Not that Fallout 3 looked bad, but Fallout 4 just looks like huge recycling of F3.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
But Bethesda apparently went too far when they decided that Fallout 4 should also have completely outdated graphics, because the steamtards are going absolutely batshit about this right now. :lol:

I guess it's ok for Codexers to trade graphics for gameplay, but popamolers need theirs graphics on cutting edge.

naossano

Cipher
The most depressing thing about all of this is that at least half the people that are complaining about "Fallout 4" or "Bethesda Generic Title" will buy it anyway, basically validating them with their wallet, giving them their consent to rape the vault boy once more.

Imweasel >
The only thing they complaining about is the thing that matter the least.
On the contrary, it give hope that the time they didn't spent in improving the graphics was spent in working on their flaws.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Reminder of the Fallout 3 trailer for those who don't have it singed into their brains forever:

Compare and contrast etc

Hmm... NPCs and environment seem to have exactly the same level of detail, like the ones in the Fallout 4 trailer.
Not that Fallout 3 looked bad, but Fallout 4 just looks like huge recycling of F3.

You need your eyes checked.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
rmjE8XE.png

Putting my money where my mouth is :kfc:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You all know you will all play it anyway because you like hiking sims and it's fallout.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After the disaster that was New Vegas, Fallout is safely back with it's original creators, Bethesda. Welcome home!

I wouldn't be surprised if variations of this have been said among the Bethesdadrones in the last 18 hours. :D

Alfons

Prophet
I enjoyed FNV. Tried playing FO3 and couldn't stand it. If it's FNV repackaged I'll play, if it's FO3 then fuck it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom