Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I see the shitstorm is already started. Time to get into the vault, shut the door and load Fallout 1 on my pip-boy.

likaq

Arcane
I'm not as angry / butthurt about this next brutal fallout rape ( compared to my butthurt back in 2004 -2008 ) because since then I realized that Fallout (setting and lore) for me is dead since fallout 2 release, so why be butthurt about next rape?
Additionally, all Kickstarter incline since 2013 and future incline ( AoD + Torment 2 + Clandestine + maybe just maybe scifi crpg from obsidian + cyberpunk 2077 :M ) makes me almost immune to news like this.

Waiting for loberslab to deliver some nudity/protitution/sexslavery/rape/impregnation/bestiality/defecation mods. An RK47's LP.

Servo

Arcane
I find this highly amusing: http://kotaku.com/the-fallout-4-announcement-has-begun-1708434161

Isn't an announcement, like, a point in spacetime? It happens, then it has happened. It's not a process.

Maybe it’s because people fell in love with the tone and scale of Bethesda’s excellent Fallout 3and their follow-up, the instant-classic Skyrim. Maybe it’s because Bethesda has been so quiet about their plans for the fourth Fallout, only hinting and teasing at a follow-up in press interviews over the past three years. Maybe it’s because we’re all desperate for a big, grand, post-apocalyptic RPG to play on our current-gen consoles. Probably it’s all of the above.

Maybe it's because fanboys never learn. How was Skyrim an instant classic?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those kickstarted RPG developers gave you a bunch of Doritos, all we got was some shitty games.

Their relative qualities aside, they are all (the one that have been more on focus here; DOS, PoE, WL2, SR...) still much more like RPG's than anything from the AAA market in the past few years.

Even Witcher 3, for all the things people are glowing about it, feels more like playing a doped up GTA than an RPG.

Doktor Best

Arcane
17 hours.
:bounce::bounce:
I'm so excited!

Seriously, I'm kinda curious. I mean Fallout 4 can't get any worse that 3, can it?

Ofcourse it can.
A game even worse than Fallout3 could actually provide some entertainment value. It could be the RPG equivalent to "the room".

17 hours.
:bounce::bounce:
I'm so excited!

Seriously, I'm kinda curious. I mean Fallout 4 can't get any worse that 3, can it?

Ofcourse it can.
A game even worse than Fallout3 could actually provide some entertainment value. It could be the RPG equivalent to "the room".

There's going to be some sort of "unlimited resource" like in DA:I and Witcher 3. Probably just unlimited stimpacks but maybe unlimited ammo as well.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Will be interesting to see how much money they put into the advertizing. I still remember the epic multi platform campaign for Skyrim, everywhere you went and everything you watched would have a Skyrim ad somehow integrated into it. I'm also interested to see if they will get rid of the VATS system of shit and just switch to the typical shooter bullet time.

Also calling it now, "Have you seen my mother, she's a middle aged lady?"
"No, you should go see Four Hound he knows everything that goes on around here."

pippin

It will be Skyrim with Guns.
Even to the point of the NCR vs -insert faction here- conflict (if they actually care of what happened in NV). The vaults will be like the dragons.
In the end, people will buy it for the mods.

Gerrard

Arcane
Can't wait to see the stats reduced to Hit Points, Action Points and Stamina.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So how big is a chance that next fallout after 4 will be made by Obsidian ?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It will be Skyrim with Guns.
Even to the point of the NCR vs -insert faction here- conflict (if they actually care of what happened in NV). The vaults will be like the dragons.
In the end, people will buy it for the mods.
People didn't buy Fallout 3 or Skyrim for the mods. Most of the sales were on consoles. People bought them because they had a big marketing budget, and manboons are programmed to like whatever they're told to.

m_s0

Arcane
Also calling it now, "Have you seen my mother, she's a middle aged lady?"
"No, you should go see Four Hound he knows everything that goes on around here."
"Titanium be with you."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom