Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've never understood the "it's oblivion/skyrim with guns" argument against fallout. That makes me want it more. Skyrim was ok, and modded was amazing. Vanilla Fallout 4 will be adequate just like Skyrim, and is going to be fun-as-all-hell with mods.

Let the consoletards console and bitch about bugs. I'll enjoy a smooth performance with the community bugfix and enjoy the game tactically from gameplay/difficulty mods. Story will probably still be retarded tho, but I play these games primarily exploration and hoarding non-existant stuff so I don't spend thousands doing so in mobile games.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
CAN'T CONTAIN THE HYPE BRAHS, ITZ COMING, THE ULTIMATE OPEN WORLD GAME WILL SHOW HOW ITS DONE TO THE SHITCHER 3

likaq

Arcane
I've never understood the "it's oblivion/skyrim with guns" argument against fallout. That makes me want it more. Skyrim was ok, and modded was amazing. Vanilla Fallout 4 will be adequate just like Skyrim, and is going to be fun-as-all-hell with mods.

Quigs

Magister

Ironically, some of us remember the clusterfuck surrounding "Fallout Fantasy"

Peter_the_Bard

Educated
It will be released this November then, if Bethesda follows it's prior track record. At least with the elder scrolls series.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

Let the consoletards console and bitch about bugs. I'll enjoy a smooth performance with the community bugfix and enjoy the game tactically from gameplay/difficulty mods. Story will probably still be retarded tho, but I play these games primarily exploration and hoarding non-existant stuff so I don't spend thousands doing so in mobile games.

dumbfuck.gif

Jozoz

Prophet
I think even the Fallout 3 fanboys would be a bit upset if they changed SPECIAL. It's pretty integral to Fallout.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
In Fallout 3 SPECIAL was just a screen with numbers they show to you. It didn't really have SPECIAL, really. And I don't think Fallout 3 audience was there to tinker with those illusory numbers anyway - they're there to LARP and loot thousands of crates of trash loot.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I only ever noticed the effects of SPECIAL when using difficulty mods. In vanilla, I think it exists mostly to determine what perks you can qualify for later until you get the perk that damn near maxes out your SPECIAL scores.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Skyrim was released in 2011 and todd said they were working on other project since 2010, so fallout 4 is in the works since 5 years now.

Drax

Arcane
I always thought Fallout was a great game to make an awesome presentation.
Imagine E3's main conference room, filled to the tit. The place is decorated like a big building with projected virtual windows, suddenly lights go out. You begin to hear a low humming, slowly increasing in magnitude until you realize it's a helicopter vertibird, you start hearing voices "outside", people screaming, bomb sirens start to sing, the cacophony of sound grows stronger until all the windows go bright white and you hear a loud explosion, reverberating... lights turn on and the audience is surrounded by LARPers with BoS powerarmor, one of them start walking towards the stage, steps in front of the mic, takes the helmet off... It's Toddie who suddenly screams "I AM YOUR GOD, NOW BOW AND BUY, MOTHERFUCKERS!".

I need to get laid...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
SPECIAL always sucked and it would be better for the game if they removed it. :cool:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
trying way too hard. SPECIAL is one of the things that made fallout great. go play no-xp combat games.

It was unbalanced hot garbage that was cobbled together in a week because they lost GURPS.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It was unbalanced

Yes, that was the point and that's why it was FUN.

:retarded:

SPECIAL in original Fallouts was great because your stats had notable effects on gameplay, both combat and non-combat. Balance and fun aren't mutually exclusive, and SPECIAL would have been even better if it was balanced better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom