Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What kind of loser actually cares about codex "cred"?
You'd have to ask them that.

btw, half the reason we started talking about join dates on this forum was because of newfags like you
Don't call me newfag, you newfag.

Edit: Oh man, you're a GD/Overlord tard, too.

:deathclaw:

Zerginfestor

Learned

And not a single post in anything but FO4 threads.

You're certainly proof of that.

Yeah, because it's the most recent game in the fallout series, and the only other game I've played is Dragon Age Origins in terms of anything RPG-ish, and Skyrim (though I wouldn't call it a RPG), and through my lurking days, FNV and FO3 has already been covered, so why would I necro a thread just for that purpose? To explain to people that 'fun fact: Every weapon type in New Vegas has a fire-based weapon'?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Don't call me newfag, you newfag.
not my first account, snob. I've been here off and on since '03.
Edit: Oh man, you're a GD/Overlord tard, too.
Not all of us come to an RPG site to make 8000 posts in General Gaming either. :roll:

grpg doesn't amuse after the 500th "what is an rpg?" thread. I've mainly been in the Let's Play threads for the past few years, but GD only since all the sjw stuff because it's hilarious.

but look, here i am arguing "codex cred" with a
bethestard.png
:M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
not my first account, snob. I've been here off and on since '03.
That's what they all say, newfag.

grpg doesn't amuse after the 500th "what is an rpg?" thread. I've mainly been in the Let's Play threads for the past few years, but GD only since all the sjw stuff because it's hilarious.
I need you to settle down and go talk about SJW's or e-larp, sweetheart.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
They will never let Obsidian make another Fallout again, if the scores review pass below New Vegas.

Just imagine Obsidian did make a better Fallout again, eventhough most of the core team in New Vegas is gone :lol:

I need you to settle down and go talk about SJW's or e-larp, sweetheart.
Sure thing. And you just keep on harping on the newfags to hide your butthurt over bethesderp's latest bowel movement. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. ;)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sure thing. And you just keep on harping on the newfags to hide your butthurt over bethesderp's latest bowel movement. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. ;)
The game is pretty bad. I'm not even a huge fan of Bethesda games so there's no butthurt on my part. Still not sure why I have the tag as most of my 'praise' for it was in complete jest. Haven't bought/played it, nor do I intend to anytime soon barring a major sale.

Kazuki brofisting... another newfag whose scant posts are bashing for cred. 20? When I was playing real rpgs you weren't even a sperm, brosef. Codex never changes.

Lemming42

Arcane
The game is pretty bad... Haven't played it

At least most of the people hyper-posting in this thread have actually played/are playing it, so they have a reason to be posting.

Obviously people want to comment on it as they're playing it, having been through the experience already myself it just keeps surprising you every hour or so with how dull, lifeless and railroaded it can get, which is worth posting about.

Beastro

Arcane
You're certainly proof that isn't the case.

Oh I know. It's a lovely day every day this year solving my TMJ problems.

What? You think I'm not aware of my spaciness and shit sentence structure??

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At least most of the people hyper-posting in this thread have actually played/are playing it, so they have a reason to be posting.

Obviously people want to comment on it as they're playing it, having been through the experience already myself it just keeps surprising you every hour or so with how dull, lifeless and railroaded it can get, which is worth posting about.
If this thread were limited to people who actually played the game it would be five pages.

I'm not even a huge fan of Bethesda games so there's no butthurt on my part.
bethestard.png

11206.jpg

Kazuki brofisting... another newfag whose scant posts are bashing for cred. 20? When I was playing real rpgs you weren't even a sperm, brosef. Codex never changes.
So? What's your hard-on for this anyway? Could it be that you are the the only one who is actually wasting any time thinking about "codex cred" and you think it gives you the right to feel superior and talk down to others?

rado907

Savant
Man, I was almost having fun for a brief moment, and then a pack of dogs jumped me and ate me. These dogs are stronger than supermutants and power-armor-clad raiders.
Wtf is this...
---
Seriously though, the game gets better after the first 3-4 hours. By then you have resigned to what you have, and you have gotten used to the interface. You set around to do all the quests, max out Perception and Agility, and make a little castle for your followers.

Speaking of lazy random bullshit. In that diner with the old lady and her junky son, there's skeleton chilling on one of the seats. And she be looking at me like "Bitch, did you expect me to clean that shit in some 200 years?"
340x.gif

No Ms.Howard, I don't expect people in AAA studio to do their jobs properly.

The worst part about it though, I have a younger cousin who's a smart kid, with solid taste and all. And yet, the Todd is like a fucking rock-star for that generation. I have failed my duties as an oldfag and probably should consider fratricide at this point.
:negative:

Beastro

Arcane
If this thread were limited to people who actually played the game it would be five pages.

Why when the writing has been on the w

Let's Plays should make a potential customer want to buy the game and play it themselves. They should not produce a mix of depressed and darkly amused nods and head shakes while you thank God you learned you lesson with Bethesda from buying Fallout 3.

Beastro

Arcane
Never mind. Metro was right. :M #killallnewfags

I bought it years after playing the first two but before realizing what Bethesda's standards really were and they're going to change except for getting worse.

I haven't bought a Bethesda game since.

Can you make the same claim?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

B>A - slimes sound like bros.
II
IV
I&IV>IX&IV
- Rin and Lucy or Zyan and Lucy. I actually want to bring Zayan along more in order to get to know her character, but I am concerned that will affect the quality of our defenses if she isn't there to oversee and work her magic. treave?

^ wtf is that shit, anyway?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's too bad it runs on gas.

Just watched the actual start of the game. I must say, they do a nice job of shattering expectations early. Some shitty war lecture then we immediately cut to a guy checking out his shave...ok. The steam clears out, for some reason the guy tells his mirror that war never changes and as he does that his wife walks in to tell him some encouraging bullshit. Then it hits me, this is going to be a fucking sitcom. Something else is happening, but for the next 5 minutes I'm wondering why the fuck a fallout game starts the same way as an 80's tv show pilot.

You can wear power armor even without the fusion cores, but you cannot sprint, that's all

Angthoron

Arcane
Could you guys get back to colorful descriptions of bugs and retarded design? I'd like to gloat a bit more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom