Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
I have seen a couple of new accounts pleading for people to upvote the positive ones and downvote the others.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136906922173/

And a few others but i can't find them anymore.

I guess beth employers didn't got their bonus:lol:

the forced straight marriage spouse and the baby fail to create any emotional attachment to either of them (How could they in the rushed 5 minute prologue?)

:hmmm:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/12/fallout-4-pc-review/
Obviously I can see why that’s not right, but the fact of the matter is they are hallmarks of these games and I expect them so much I really do smile when I see a cow on a roof or a man with a chair through his torso.

"Me being fucked in the butt is a hallmark of my crap games experience, and I expect it so much I really do smile when Bethesda fucks me in the butt"

They go on to shit on Witcher 3. What patethic assholes :lol:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
3kCHkQt.png

7c2XsCu.png

Count the Fallout 4's in the official RPGCodex group right now.
:troll:
SuicideBunny Last Online 294 days ago :(

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So they broke the game with the idiot savant shit.

fuck you bethesda. Cheesy shit build

How? Without exp cap the point is to become super ultra killing machine, idiot savant just lets you do that faster. After finishing first two quests with save scumming i level up to level 6 as opposed to level 3. For a major quest you gain 2 levels.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My new favorite feature of this game is skipping dialogs. Bethesda went the extra mile to record bored expressions for the VA, like a player on his 7th playthrough. Not only the usual "uh-hu/yeah/whatever", but when I skipped another of Mr. Minutman's boring speeches my toon said "shut uuuuuuuuuuuup!" under her breath. It's those small things that make me happy. Like dogmeat idleing in his doghouse in front of my mansion, looking at me wearing bandana and doggles goggles. D'aaaaaaw.
Also this game has dog armoah, "Dawg Powah Armoah DLC" confirmed!

Todd REALLY wants us to go all space marine in powah amoah. Just by clearing the area around Sanctuary I collected about 8 fusion cores or even more. Plus two additional armors. Pretty much every enemy location has at least one, so you can use your PA to clear it with no loss.

SO BE IT! Jumping all the way down inside the quarry and stunning enemies on impact was more fun that should be allowed. Granted, I died from sniper molotoving, but fun the filthy parasite had me. FUUUU to NPC pinpoint throwing accuracy.

Rumor has it companions don't use up the core when in powah armoah, so I am going to put Pipes in the red painted one while I ride the blue one. Blue and Red wrecking shit for shits and giggles.

BTW: Are the PA parts levelscaled as well? I reached the point where I got to a higher weapon tier (combat shotguns/rifles appear in boxes), and the PA I came across at some army depot close to Sanctuary already had T-51 parts. But you cannot apply a free paintjob on them, so fuuuuu.

Funfact: Apparently the game wants you to go to the Abanathy farm before going Concord. The Farmer there made me ask all those noob questions you usually get in tutorials.

Funfact 2: Piper likes looting. Seriously, I increased her affection so high just by looting and lockpicking without doing quests that I could flirt with her.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
What the fuck, you idiots are actually playing this piece of shit?
It's the same shit like with Skyrim. Now you'll start claiming that with mods "it's actually decent, man, just download these 15 GBs of bullshit mods and it's a great shooter man good for what it is man, they really improved Gamebryo so the shooting mechanics are cool, man"

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And yet they literally burned Obsidian to the ground back in the day.

Assholes indeed.
The new word for corruption is "pressure of expectation":
Why do you think that is – what is it about this game which makes some people go absolutely doolally about it?

John: I shall be the voice of unreason. It’s because a lot of people aren’t very good at this job, and are scared of big games, and big publishers. The pressure of expectation to give this a 9 or 10 is enormous.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Chill man, the point is to have fun man, drop the facade and join us! :)

join us
join us
BURN IN THE FIRE
THE FLAMES THE FLAMES
JOIN US NOW
FOREVER
His toaster probably can't run it, so he goes all "I DON'T EVEN WANT TO PLAY IT!".

I know I would. :cry:

Also you can only poperly comment on the DECLINE it represents, if you actually play it at least 7 times. It's the way of the 'dex. :salute:

Cadmus

Arcane
LOEL BETHESDA SUCKZ
LOEL I'M PLAYING FALUT 4 FOR 60 DOLLARS
LOEL I'M ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED, FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES
- RPG Codex, 3hardc0re5u

Jozoz

Prophet
Even the normies think this is a bad game though. Only Bethesda apologists like it.

The usual number of retards seem to be much lower now. It's nice.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
tumblr_nxodidzxuO1qm6egko1_500.jpg

What the fuck, you idiots are actually playing this piece of shit?
It's the same shit like with Fallout3. Now you'll start claiming that with mods "it's actually decent, man, just download these 15 GBs of bullshit mods and it's a great shooter man good for what it is man, they really improved Gamebryo so the shooting mechanics are cool, man"

And they paid for that.
Can't find that comic strip where some guy eat shit and laugh at the "poor people" now.
It will fit here.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lol, so dissapointed he's praising the base building feature. I don't even get what the fuck is the point of it all beside being a waste of time.
It gives XP. The minecraft-mode streamer the other day recycled everything in the first town and built a base that took him from lv 1->4 just by plopping down walls and beds.

Supposedly it also adds stores later on where you can buy rare ammo.

You do know that there are already CODEX version, Blackbox version, and PROPHET version, right?

For maximum lulz, the CODEX torrent should be New Vegas instead of FO4 once you unpacked it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Anyway, the game is shit but is there any prospect of Obsidian getting to make a new game using the same engine? Really hope New Vegas wasn't a one time thing. But Bethesda are probably still salty about NV being considered better than Fallout 3, so probably not.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I finally finish the god-awful 20-minute "interactive" unskippable cutscene and some fuckface wants me to jump in a pond and press 'E' three times.

How the fuck do people get through this shit? I feel absolutely no motivation to continue.

Space Insect

Arcane
I present to you, Codex, a brief transcript of a discussion between me and a former friend.
Me: You might not want to buy FO4. I've heard it was really bad.
Friend: It is probably going to be the best Fallout game evar!!! Even though 3 is the best and all the ultra-nerds argue about whether 3 or NV is the best.
Me:(jaw drops) All the real ultra-nerds play Fallout 1 and 2.
Friend: Who would want to play those gay 3rd-person games?
Me: They actually have choice and consequence unlike the inane ending choice of FO3.
Friend: But in FO3 everything leads up to the awesome final choice just like in Mass Effect!
Me: You bethestarded biowhore.

(This is the discussion almost literally. I did not exaggerate at all)

Anyone else agree with me that FO3 and FO4 are really an Orwellian plot to weed out the people who cannot benefit society?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom