Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Anyway, the game is shit but is there any prospect of Obsidian getting to make a new game using the same engine?

Bethesda has alredy signed with another developer to make a FO4 spinoff slated for 2017.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The source is one of those pre-release leaks, but the other developer it mentioned ended up being the guys who made Fallout Shelter, so that might be BS.

It's just as likely that there's no spinoff at all this time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sort of what infinitron said. Except not quite.

The leaked release schedule had fallout mobile app, fallout 4 for 2015, fallout major dlc for summer 16 and fallout 4 spinoff for 2017. It was spot on with the other predictions, but take it with a grain of salt.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
The source is one of those pre-release leaks, but the other developer it mentioned ended up being the guys who made Fallout Shelter, so that might be BS.

It's just as likely that there's no spinoff at all this time.
Is Behavior Interactive even capable of producing a full-scale game like that? Their last offering was WET wasn't it? That was a massive piece of shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember the leak mentioning a mobile app.

Is Behavior Interactive even capable of producing a full-scale game like that? Their last offering was WET wasn't it? That was a massive piece of shit.

The only way I can see that making sense is if Bethesda were so upset about getting outclassed by FO:NV that they decided to go with a shovelware dev this time and just cash in with an inferior product.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
From one of the reviews.

"Like all Bethesda games, they get better with time".

I want to cry.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I don't remember the leak mentioning a mobile app.

The only way I can see that making sense is if Bethesda were so upset about getting outclassed by FO:NV that they decided to go with a shovelware dev this time and just cash in with an inferior product.

I don't think feelings factor into it. NV was a financial victory for them. If anything was going to fuck up a second outing I think it would be Obsidian over-estimating their bargaining position next time it came time to negotiate.

darthaegis

Cipher
Wow thats alot of monies...

So fo5 confirmed. Was there anything left to dumb down?
Well there is that meme pic that has been posted in this thread like 4 times that shows a regression in 2022 from 4 dialogue options with two words each to a sad face and a happy face...

Gord

Arcane

Assuming they feel outclassed by it, that is (and even if they did, they still made money from it).
But if the general reception of FO4 stays below expectations (I'd assume they were hoping for 90+ across the board) even after the initial release phase is over, I guess they might be more interested in ensuring a good follow up (or at least one that is received as such) under the Bethesda label than risking to outsource it to either a dev that screws up or delivers a "proper" FO4, further damaging their image.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron

It was linked earlier in this thread, one of the reviews, and i wrote that wrong, it's the first comment that I took the quote from, not the person reviewing.

I took it as "When people release mods, it gets better!" which is really depressing, as Bethesda doesn't have anything to do with that. We have normal people who release mods, which in return makes people like the game, but they don't praise the modders, they praise Bethesda.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I don't think feelings factor into it. NV was a financial victory for them. If anything was going to fuck up a second outing I think it would be Obsidian over-estimating their bargaining position next time it came time to negotiate.

It's a bit more complex than that. It's not good to become perceived as not the master of your own franchise. Your fans begin to expect you to make your games like the spinoff guys do, even though your design philosophy runs counter to that. Or they expect you to start giving it to the spinoff guys on a regular basis, which puts you in a position of bargaining weakness vs an external company.

Assuming they feel outclassed by it, that is (and even if they did, they still made money from it).
But if the general reception of FO4 stays below expectations (I'd assume they were hoping for 90+ across the board) even after the initial release phase is over, I guess they might be more interested in ensuring a good follow up (or at least one that is received as such) under the Bethesda label than risking to outsource it to either a dev that screws up or delivers a "proper" FO4, further damaging their image.

True, so let's hope.

Gerrard

Arcane
bIvRqNU.jpg

sstacks

Arcane
I'm not planning on doing a full let's play series of this game due to its vastness, but if anyone wants to see a video with the opening cinematic / movie and character appearance customization options for Fallout 4 here ya go. I make kind of an ugly dude.

Gord

Arcane
I don't suppose the son is somehow inheriting the looks of the parents? That would be potentially hilarious...

sstacks

Arcane
I don't suppose the son is somehow inheriting the looks of the parents? That would be potentially hilarious...

I wondered that because in the beginning of the game the baby seemed to have same skin tone as my character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom