Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Anyone relying on this game as a livelihood probably has poor decision-making skills.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I've decided to become a streamer. I've assembled a starter kit:

A1jZAmZEbnL._SX679_.jpg

GRA66BBL-4.png

hv-kb558cm-gaming-keyboard-mouse-combo-black-upgrade.jpg

Vint-and-York-Hill-Eyeglasses-700x474.jpg

generate.php

ZeniBot

Cipher
The journos are all "We need a way to stop them review bombing" neglecting the fact that Bethesda CHOSE to use their own network precisely to avoid curation. Anyone getting upset with people doing this need to remember that this is the ONLY form of feedback users have with Bethesda. They brought that on themselves.

Jinn

Arcane
People are delusional if they think that twitch streamers aren't just as compromised as the gaming (((journos))).

Of course they are. Of that there is no doubt. Doesn't mean they aren't also stupid as fuck and have shit taste. Just like your average game "journalist." I fail to see the disagreement here.

Comte

Last Night with Todd Howard

It was a cold frosty Thanksgiving night when he came over for our final night together. We had just enjoyed some Netflix and chill time after a roast dinner with all the trimmings when he suggested we go to the bedroom .

It was the usual affair at first with us taking each others clothes offs and kissing around each others bodies but then he started to become more forceful than usual - not that I minded I must say . He tried to put his flaccid dick in my butt and I teased him by calling it by it's pet name - fallout 4 inches nevertheless my playful spurring only made him all the more excited to pound my sweaty ass .

After a long night of salacious sex that would of kept even the deaf elderly people In my apartment complex awake I plopped down onto my bed with a small pomf sound as Todd took his usual position - the big spoon - while I took the little one. The night had gotten on so well ,however, their was a aching feeling in my heart that I just couldn't stop no matter how I tried . Todd somehow sensed my unease and lifted his head up - nibbling my right ear tenderly to which I told him to go to sleep now as he had work tomorrow.

Todd then slowly raised his head while he fixated his perplexed gaze upon me. He unfurled the sheets and sat on the side of the bed with his naked little soldier waving in the wind and with a loud sigh he asked "do we need to talk?". I trembled upon hearing the question, as I had anticipating this moment for a several years now, and sat next to him on the side of the bed.

I gulped my hesitation now and stumbled out a "You see Todd I think you have changed from the man I fell in love with" he seemed taken a back by my straight forward answer . "What do you mean, I'm the same guy I was when we first met I promise" he looked at me quizzically but with a slight sense of frustration in his voice. I rebutted with a stern "no you aren't Todd, the man I knew would never betray us gamers by releasing a multiplayer fallout game!" . Todd leapt from the side of the bed, his face contorted with visible expression of betrayal as he boomed "don't you understand? Don't you understand that everything I've done for the franchise was for its benefit? EA was right when they said single player games were dead, the past is the past" . I cried out in tears "but Todd look at how successful God of War, Witcher 3 and Red Dead redemption 2 was - Single player is not dead - it's thriving!". I had never knew I had kept this much of my emotions suppressed for so long but the feeling of lifting a burden felt so refreshing that I couldn't help but continue with "the Todd I knew would never allow microtransactions into their games with that creation club and that atom shop, except for that horse armour dlc but we forgave you for that in the end". By now my voice was so groggy that Todd could only just barely understand my words - but he certainly understood the emotions behind them. Todd was now beet red with anger as he looked away from me towards the door - hands clenched into fists ✊ - he mumbled out a timid reply. I paused for a second and asked him to repeat what he said after sniffing up my leaking mucus to breathe . I wish I hadn't asked him that in hindsight , as after he looked at me he exploded into a rage shouting "I know you cheated on me with obsidian and their new Vegas!". I was completely dumbfounded , how could he have known about that affair? I had hidden it in Todd's computer folder called "New Bethesda engine" - let's be honest Todd isn't checking that folder any time soon . Returning back to the point sorry for the side track - Todd had continued berating me nonsensically on how he tried his hardest on every game ,yet, we Gamers didn't appreciate them but instead mocked his efforts and just said "lol just buy new vegas instead of those shitty games from Bugthesda". The tirade was going for so long that his throat had become quite sore ending it with a blunt but clearly depressed "I bet - no I know - you didn't even buy fallout 76...' I realized at this point that he had found out about the affair from Reddit, my mind drifting to asking how long he had knew about it.

The air grew cold as silence finally crept over the bedroom with a simple and assertive "I'm sorry I can't do this anymore" as he walked out, taking almost all his stuff. I haven't seen him since that night even though his clothes are still here lying in a pile by the bed - I couldn't bear to get rid of them as they were all I had left of him to remember him by ,well, except for the Tricentennial pip boy I got with my purchase of fallout 76 .

DeepOcean

Arcane
Really funny is that with the exception of the channels from paid bethesda shills (The shills invited to Bethesda's event are specially terrible.), the other usual popamoler suspects are ripping Bethesda's retal cavity. It seems that for once, Bethesda's retardation isn't exclusively noticed here on the codex.

Of course, we aren't talking about people with fine tastes here, for most of them, Fallout 76 could have the same shit gameplay it has but if it had amazing production values, it would be magically 10/10 material. It seems that Bethesda underestimated the competition and thought they had their audience of retards locked but the competition can put out much better graphics, better animations, better story or on another words, the only things popamolers care about, and they are pissed off that Fallout 76 is just a lazy asset flip of Fallout 4 .

This game will have zero staying power and will be free to play (Why would someone even play this crap for free is a mystery though.) on a year unless Bethesda relaunch this game, player retention is the sole reason companies do those online milking machines, you can't sell a paint job for 20 dollars to people that aren't playing their game and, on these days, half the income of large publishers come from those microtransaction schemes.

The game will probably sell alot but will still flop hard because the goal was the sweet microtransaction money. Why have a bunch of studios working on the same game to just sell the same amount of copies that Fallout 4 did (talking best case scenario here)?

Codex Year of the Donut
It's sad because bethesda has a sister company(zenimax online studios -- elder scrolls online) that runs one of the most played MMOs right now. ESO was a complete shitshow at launch which ZOS learned from and salvaged the game, something essentially never done when an MMO tanks. Something interesting could have actually been created by them, especially given what they learned from ESO's initial failures.

ZeniBot

Cipher
They should've learned more from OpenMW. That alone proved the Bethesda formula cannot work in Multiplayer. As much as you want to praise ESO its a themepark MMO at the end of the day, something that no one really wants nor expects when they think of earlier Bethesda titles like Morrowind. They hired people from Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies to work on Fallout 76 but they forgot to mention that these were some of the people that killed both of those games. Bethesda was never going to be able to make a sandbox MMO, it was never going to happen. That alone is why Zenimax can shove their MMO up their asses. There is no point in releasing themepark MMOs anymore they are boring and no one is going to pay a sub for it. Zenimax only managed to save their game because they basically copied Guild Wars 2, that's what they should've done from the get go. Its still overpriced as fuck for what it is though, GW2 is much better value.

I think more people need to call out Bethesda and Zenimax for the price gouging fuckers they are.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
People are delusional if they think that twitch streamers aren't just as compromised as the gaming (((journos))).

Of course they are. Of that there is no doubt. Doesn't mean they aren't also stupid as fuck and have shit taste. Just like your average game "journalist." I fail to see the disagreement here.
There's no disagreement. It was just a statement on my part.

It's sad because bethesda has a sister company(zenimax online studios -- elder scrolls online) that runs one of the most played MMOs right now. ESO was a complete shitshow at launch which ZOS learned from and salvaged the game, something essentially never done when an MMO tanks. Something interesting could have actually been created by them, especially given what they learned from ESO's initial failures.

It happened with FF14 as well. Now ESO and FF14 are the most popular MMOs out there, though FF14 is currently declining.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
That alone is why Zenimax can shove their MMO up their asses. There is no point in releasing themepark MMOs anymore they are boring and no one is going to pay a sub for it.

Pretty sure ESO is the most successful mmo out there behind WoW. Also pretty sure that EVERY successful MMO is theme park and all sandbox mmos besides EVE have failed and even EVE's original devs dipped out because they realized it was a sinking ship.

Also ESO is anything but price gouging. Buying the base game for like $25-$40 gives you access to all base content + morrowind + summerset chapters and they release a few optional $10 quest/dungeon dlcs per year. No sub required

Just because you don't like it... w/e fuck this dumb forum

Codex Year of the Donut
That alone is why Zenimax can shove their MMO up their asses. There is no point in releasing themepark MMOs anymore they are boring and no one is going to pay a sub for it.

Pretty sure ESO is the most successful mmo out there behind WoW. Also pretty sure that EVERY successful MMO is theme park and all sandbox mmos besides EVE have failed and even EVE's original devs dipped out because they realized it was a sinking ship.

Also ESO is anything but price gouging. Buying the base game for like $25-$40 gives you access to all base content + morrowind + summerset chapters and they release a few optional $10 quest/dungeon dlcs per year. No sub required

Just because you don't like it... w/e fuck this dumb forum
I bought the game(sans summerset, came with morrowind) for like $5 on steam
pretty much the opposite of price gouging

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom