Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Mech

Cipher
Did Pete Hines just subtly imply that women are dumb?

Leeeeeeeeel
That was just what I thought. Is this guy really capable of such a retarded tweet, or is this photoshopped?
He has said stuff like this before, so while it might be photoshopped (I have no idea), it is something that I know for a fact that he is thinking anyway. :lol:

Black

Arcane
pete hines + too good to be true =
fakenews.png
BnO5iWY.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Honestly I think continuity nitpicks are a bit faggy, but big stuff like where Super Mutants come from or whatever can be annoying. Still, make a good fucking game and no one cares.

PorkBarrellGuy

Hines is a fucking retard. There's a difference between "this is realistic" and "this is something about which I can suspend disbelief". Fuck I hate that stupid pile of turds.

As for the Jet retcon, I don't care so much about Jet's history as I do about the complete lack of respect Hines and his monkeys show the IP, symbolized in small part by the Jet retcon. The Jet retcon is not the disease I loathe, but it's a symptom of it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That one is real.

Honestly they're on the same level of retardation.

"It's sci-fi therefore it can make no sense" is the usual go-to phrase of the retarded apologist.

Though it's fun to see that the Bethesda people have the same level of intelligence as their fans. Moments like these show that the world follows a logic.

Still, make a good fucking game and no one cares.

Yeah, it will totally be good. I trust Bethesda completely.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Did Pete Hines just subtly imply that women are dumb?

Leeeeeeeeel
That was just what I thought. Is this guy really capable of such a retarded tweet, or is this photoshopped?

It could be either way and I mean that 100% sincerely without a drop of irony. He treats his customers the same way Myron treats low int females which most of them are and deserve on some lvl.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When Hines says, "not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls," what does he think is so unrealistic about talking mutants? They're mutated humans, why wouldn't they be able to talk? No wonder the Bethesda approach to Super Mutants is so stupid.

That said, I get where he's coming from. The retconning and the lack of realism are by far the weakest critiques of the Bethesda Fallouts, yet on the wider interwebs this is the stuff that gets bitched about the most. Who cares about pre-war Jet when they stripped out or thinned down most of the role playing elements in 3 and got rid of nearly all of them in 4? Who cares about kid in a fridge when the story is not compelling and the writing itself is awful? Why get hung up on the details when they took a video game franchise with some amazing world building and turned it into a theme park?

Trees, meet forest.

Wunderbar

Arcane
An ode to Todd

Todd called Daggerfall "generic" and said that's why they decided to make Redguard and Morrowind to be more outlandish with those dwarven robots and shit.
Shame he changed his mind about genericness with Oblivion.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I can't believe people still buy stuff from a fucking idiot like that. A guy shows you nothing but contempt and you still buy things from him? What for? Oh, wait. I forgot... Goddamned masochists.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
yeah, but WE should have called him on it. work smarter, not harder, men.
No point. It just gets buried by the SJW shits calling us alt-right Gamergate bastards for attacking him.

Besides, it means getting on Twitter... No, thanks. Eww!

Nas92

Augur
I'm fairly certain the story about Todd periodically asking BGS for a job until he eventually got one is pure bullshit. Sounds too quaint, has to be a weird attempt at PR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom