Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A baseball cap for 5 dollars...Probably a real life one is fucking cheaper.:lol:

It requires a certain kind of special person to think this deal is good.
Here i can buy one for half the price.

Oracsbox

Pete_Hines-card.jpg
CUNT

A sarcastic video showing the kind of sad no life completely humourless bethestard's you'd come across if you were insane enough to purchase this filth.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
First, if I get 20 hrs of fun out of the game it's more than worth it. Seeing as how many interesting systems/places the game has I'll certainly get more than that.

I mean, I'm thoroughly of the opinion that the Codex has some really retarded general opinions on modern games, but even I have to question how you're going to get into "sweet PVP shenanigans" in a game that actively discourages any form of aggression towards other players. If this wasn't such a buggy mess right now I could see the concept of Fallout 76, and Bethesda games in general, as being a core concept for constructing a decent looter-shooter-with-friends type deal but let's not be idiots, eh?

Griefing is discouraged, aggression is opt in/out and there are systems that incentivize pvp and if you didn't even know that you shouldn't be talking shit about the game.

I mean, shit, I'd note that if it actually wanted to be a good looter shooter it probably also would've included better shooting mechanics than the ones present in FO4, ditched VATS entirely as auto-aim mechanics (separate from aim assist imo) have no place in any type of PC or console multiplayer shooter

Shooting mechanics work fine. Bullets go where you aim them. Lots of guns. Nobody forces you to use VATS. End of story.

included NPCs so the world has more going on than your average map editor OR charged half price (or even less) to ensure a massive multiplayer population, and in general it should take place in a logical, self consistent world that holds true to previous lore and uses a setting appropriate for massive amounts of varied enemies and loot.

Oh yeah we're still pretending that NPCs/lore/consistency ever mattered in any bethesda game ever.

Do you go to libraries and complain about the lack of rollercoasters?

I remember when I was a kid.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
A baseball cap for 5 dollars...Probably a real life one is fucking cheaper.
Does it say "Make 'murica great again"? If so, 5 Dorrars is a bargain. If not... well, was there ever a moment more fitting for that than stumbling through a ruined 2nd-best-Virginia?

Todd should add them as a quick cashgrab.

ortucis

Prophet
Why do MCA keeps handing over the rope for others to hang him?

He's working on Bethesda IP's, he isn't stupid. He'll butter them up and keep getting work. Nobody cares what a bunch of whiny gamers think online, in the bigger scheme of things.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I might actually play this, despite the seemingly legitimate criticisms.

I've never played any online games before. This game seems simple enough to be my first.

Friday.13

Educated
Played the beta for a bit, it's mostly just Fo4 MP mode with bigger map, one really need to be very S.P.E.C.I.A.L. to think it actually worth 60 dollars.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everyone "allegedly" hated Fallout 4 compared to 3 and that did ok.
This is the first time I heard such a claim.
IMO, Fallout 4 is generally considered a better game than Fallout 3.

Those who thought F3 was good think that F4 is great.
And those who thought F3 was shit think that F4 is somewhat less shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom