Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

ironmask

Arbiter
I plan on learning Russian, though by the time I would be fluent in Russian, the translation would probably already be over.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Started with such build:
fNjYJhZxdyY.jpg

If this is like Nevada then combat weakness is easy to overcome and skillpoints are priceless. The upper trait, btw, is Spanish Language knowledge - they've added that instead of a bloody mess and sex appeal is replaced with Villa Traditions. You start with 2 freebie perks (awareness and educated) but you're getting 20% less XP.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I found out about at least one bug - dude defused explosive on the door, but exploded anyway when tried to open it.
Hehe.

ironmask

Arbiter
Yes it would. I wish there other ways of spreading awareness besides shitposting on the codex and NMA.

Black Angel

Arcane
Probably contact one of those youtubers. TKs-Mantis is probably our best bet since he's been regularly making videos on Fallout, especially the originals, and he even reported on Unity Van Buren project, although his source wasn't NMA but rather the modder's twitter.

ironmask

Arbiter
We can also try retrospective gaming. His videos gets decent amount of views and he has done reviews for Fallout Resurrection and Nevada. He would also make video updates for the Van Buran project made on Fonline engine.

ironmask

Arbiter
Do you think Mr. Matty would talk about Fallout Sonora. He has made coverage for fallout mods and fallout inspired indie games like atom before. But he very rarely talks about classic fallout. I guess we could shitpost the classic fallout subreddit. I doubt the main fallout subreddit would care about anything classic fallout.

ironmask

Arbiter
We are talking about getting youtubers to spread awareness to Fallout Sonora in hopes that it could speed up the translation. If fallout 2 is his second favorite fallout game then he might be likely to make a video for a TC for F2.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
We are talking about getting youtubers to spread awareness to Fallout Sonora in hopes that it could speed up the translation. If fallout 2 is his second favorite fallout game then he might be likely to make a video for a TC for F2.

Alright, you win but could we send him a covid-19 infected thank you note afterward ?

Alphons

Cipher
I've seen comments about translation effort on Sonora intro- could be nice to reach to creator and ask him to pin one (video has over 5k views from both Russian and English speakers).

We could try reaching to ColonelRPG- loves classic Fallout and really liked Nevada.

ironmask

Arbiter
The only other youtuber I can think of is retcon raider. The dude is a huge Fallout fan. He makes a lot videos on the Van Buran documents and has helped spread awareness to many kickstarter projects like Atom RPG, Encased, and Wasteland 3. I think he also narrated the intro for Encased. I don't think he has ever made a video for a mod though.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
So I pick a standard 10 Int, 10 Agi, 10 Per build. Tag Repair, Lockpick and Smallguns. What else, right? ...

I kill a caravan, you are not supposed to kill, break a quest on the way. But pick up a shotgun. Guess what? Its a Heavy Weapon!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So is the hunting rifle... But at least the aimed shots on it are 7 AP so tagging Small Guns might not be a waste cause you can blam people to eyes with revolers too.
Ammo is scarce, I literally counted how many rounds of .308 I have to be able to snipe all the slavers dead. I had 17 rounds vs 14 slavers.

But it turned out that the AI behaviour is worse than Nevada, so you dont even need a rifle. In Nevada, when you attacked the drug manufacturing farm, half their men ran out and would chase you around the compound while you snipe them.
In Sonora, when you run out of the slaver compound and get about 30 tiles away, the AI disengages and goes back to where it was standing before... So you can comfortably pick em 1 by 1. Trash.

The game starts pretty fucking terrible btw, F2 level Temple of Trials trash.
Playing it right now and it feels worse than Nevada. Its very used up and stale.
Literal Junktown, slavers, raiders, tribals, religious cult, klling king rat, repairing machinery... Its very boring.

New Crafting, up until what I have seen, has been clicking repair on tables. Which gave me a laser pistol, a worthless armor, and the glorious hunting rifle, also some ammo.
The laser pistol is interesting cause its early but the ammo for it is as rare as .308

I had multiple CTDs on random actions.

The only interesting thing for me has been HP managment or rather Radiation. HP heals that dont irradiate you are rare and I ddint realize that digging holes gave you a high dose.
Now I am irradiated and no way to get rid of it, except to pay 500 caps to a doc, whcih is half my monye... And I dont want to skip time.

The HD config tool from the Foxx pack on rutracker is some kind of garbage, I dont even know why it is there. It overrides the sfall settings in some buggy way, none of its settings work as they should. Dump it and go into the sfall config tool and set your resolution and renderer there.

Set your loadspeakers to stereo...

ironmask

Arbiter
At least he rates Fallout new vegas and Fallout 2 over Fallout 3 and rates F4 at the bottom.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
At least he rates Fallout new vegas and Fallout 2 over Fallout 3 and rates F4 at the bottom.

I think it's worse.
If he rated f4>f3>fnv>f2>f1 it would be clear "the stake" is what he deserves.

But this is insidious, the guy is clearly mentally challenged but by mixing the ranking that way, he's still promoting the idea fnv > f1 + f2, and f3 + fnv > f1

Finally, the stake is too good for him, he deserves the iron maiden ...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom