Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Uhh... Why are they using stuff from the first Terminator movie?

Bony

Learned
Queued
Because it's 'dem 80's ' ? The music is a complete rip-off of the terminator theme :lol:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well they certainly have the marketing machine churning on this but but I am also just ready to see what it actually is. Then I can decide if I'm interested or this is just a reskinned FC3.

Bony

Learned
Queued
Guise what if this is just a prolonged aprils fools? :roll:

Also from the main site:

Your hero?
-Seargent Rex Power Colt the legendary actor of Terminator Aliens and The abyss
:roll:

Also here is where it gets weird.... what if Blood Dragoon is being developed by Cleve himself?

Yes, I took the quintessential action pairing of mythological figures Gilgamesh and Enkidu and turned it into a warning about the future and what happens when man's reach exceeds his grasp.It's a Greek epic set in the future , only, I did it in English

Thank God they did not end with YOU WILL BELIEVE A BABY CAN FLY

itw-magazine-en-GB.jpg

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Because it's 'dem 80's ' ? The music is a complete rip-off of the terminator theme :lol:

No I mean, none of those "fair use" and other shenanigans are applicable when you're doing a commercial project - isn't using someone else's copyrighted work just asking for trouble.

Unless they do have permission, which would be... weird.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
From some Xbox product description Shitaku found:

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
From some Xbox product description Shitaku found:

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

Smells like heaven!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Smells like it's going to make Skyway hiss and spit in anger, which is good enough for me.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

!!

!

!!

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
This reminds me of the spin-off they did with Far Cry Instincts. It was quite fun. Fast paced action, superpowers etc.

dunno lah

Arcane
2013: The Year of Incline.

Also, I think as far as game marketing hype is concerned, Hideo Kojima just got beaten at his own game. Fuckin Alexis Graveyard beats out Joakim Mogren any time of the day.

Yes, only elite PC people can understand silly jokes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom