Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart confirms Pillars of Eternity 2 in development, plus a new Cain/Boyarsky game

Trashos

Arcane
Seriously, what exactly is the attraction is here? It's not like there's anything novel and therefore inherently awesome about "post-apoc" anymore. Raiders, robots, mutants, deserts, ruins, it's been done to death. Fallout is cool, but "post-apoc" as a whole is just a set of tropes that isn't indicative of anything.

Ask for space opera sci-fi, not post-apoc.

No silly magic and not elves. Also, high tech.

Space opera is good enough for me too.

(inb4 the production of the epic Elves in Space)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I would welcome PoE2, provided Obsidian does another pass on combat mechanics and possibly character development.

Also, please be Bloodlines 2 (alternatively, something Arcanum-ish).

Nagling

Educated
If Cain/Boyarsky creates Bloodlines 2, I will seriously consider buying an Obsidian game.

Sizzle

Arcane
melnorme asked: OK, your CEO confirmed it. Tell us everything you can about Project Louisiana aka Pillars of Eternity 2.

Josh Sawyer:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I'm reasonably confident that they're not going to make a post-apocalyptic game.

Seriously, what exactly is the attraction is here? It's not like there's anything novel and therefore inherently awesome about "post-apoc" anymore. Raiders, robots, mutants, deserts, ruins, it's been done to death. Fallout is cool, but "post-apoc" as a whole is just a set of tropes that isn't indicative of anything.

Ask for space opera sci-fi, not post-apoc.

They should do a cyberpunk-ish/high-tech low-life futuristic game before it gets old too. Seems like this is the new trend in the cRPG scene(Copper Dreams, VD's next game, Cyberpunk 2077...)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I would welcome PoE2, provided Obsidian does another pass on combat mechanics and possibly character development.

And more than one pass on the writing.
I actually enjoyed PoE's writing for what it was worth (I know I am the minority here). I enjoyed the infighting and backstabbing between the gods, the way the dialogue changed based on your background, and the fact that your character's soul has run into Thaos over multiple lifetimes. Where I think PoE fell short was the companion and the Watcher rpg elements (in contrast see Mask of the Betrayer).

For PoE2, I hope the RPG mechanic is essentially what Thaos did over the course of the plot. He manipulated cultures over lifetimes and could possess people.

Edit: Perhaps I deserve shit for this opinion, but I would kill if Obsidian made being a Watcher akin to Ravenor/Eisenhorn from 40k. Just let the player investigate a town with mind/soul reading and manipulate events with possession/mind control.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Cain and Boy confirmed for Unity Real-Time-With-Pause Party Based High Fantasy Action Role Playing Game With Romances and Rock Paper Scissors Arguments.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Not really interested in Poe 2 as I thought first were just mediocre, but Cain an Boyarsky, well thats someat to watch. Dint even know bloke had left Blizzard though.

Fuck. I did think I would be the one to bring the good news. Still, it was posible me who made him split the bean, he had another interview after mine, it might be this site. Using for the game the Unreal engine increases slightly chances of it being WoD game, you will see that after I made transcipt of my interview.

Feargus speech apart from being pretty good speech on how to do bussines, brought 2 new informations. Breaking PoE expansion was a mistake, it generated costs and more work, PoE 2 will have New Vegas style DLCs. Obsidian is using time to improve thetools for PoE 2.

Funny anectode: before his speech two polish guys siting in my back said to each other:
-Who is this guy?
- I know only he made South Park game.
:)

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I would prefer they blow my mind with something new, like they did with FO, Arcanum, Bloodlines. Sequels are great, but their best stuff has always been new shit.

Dyspaire

Cipher
The Dying Earth sub-genre has been seriously ignored by crpg creators so far.

Funny, when you consider how much influence Vance has had on rpgs in general.

Not strictly fantasy, not strictly sci-fi, not strictly post-apocalyptic.

It's a wonder to me why nobody has done it yet.

(Although T:ToN is pretty much Dying Earth, I suppose...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom