Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FF7 Enhanced Edition coming to Steam?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes, clearly your age proves that your IQ isn't that of a retarded teenager.
At 26 you should at least know how to read, which you don't, as you've proven again in this thread.

aris

Arcane
Damn. And I thought that complaining about the reading skills of other forum members was my thing.

joeydohn

Savant
FeelTheRads you're being trolled by a '26 old with the IQ of a retarded teenager' who volunteers to be a shill for publishing corporations in his spare time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
and a "character booster" that lets players increase HP, MP, and money "with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure."

What. the. Fuck.

aris

Arcane
Yeah. I like that after they pretty much removed cheat codes from the games, they have actually started to put those up as bullet points, when they are actually there.

Bahamut

Arcane
and a "character booster" that lets players increase HP, MP, and money "with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure."

What. the. Fuck.

Like it was hard to cap HP/MP in the game...
And the game is piss easy anyway, only optional "weapon" bosses show some resistance

As for FF7 in objective matters its crapy (at least the english translation is), but this was my first proper game on psx so im p. nostalgic about this one and despite all its shitness i still like to replay it one for a while (guilty pleasure of mine), even its music alone makes me nostalgic as fuck(utemasu was a bro), but all modern FFVII related stuff is just fucking terrible crap

thesoup

Arcane
FF7 approval on my codex? What is this shit?:decline:
If you want a half way decent FF, play 6. Others are shit. Chrono Trigger is also decent if you're into time travel and Dragon Ball art style.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
And why is this in GRPGD?

ff7rpg.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's ok. If you never played the game then it's ok. Don't need to push it. You won't get any Kodex Kool Kredits here anyway.

i have played it as a kid when it first came out. can't say i enjoyed it even back then. but that's besides the point...

nothing says better "i have absolutely no fucking idea what Lovecraft is all about" than "FF7 is Lovecraftian". nothing. even Quake 1 is more "Lovecraftian" than FF7, and Q1 really isn't "Lovecraftian" at all...

but please, carry on... it's exactly the level of stupidity i've been expecting of the codex lately

So a weird alien that travels from world to world devouring everything and injecting other life forms with its cells to mutate them into horrible creatures is not obviously Lovecraft influenced then? Ok. Maybe I should've been more specific by stating that it has Lovecraftian influences, but I assumed that everyone who had played the game knew what I was talking about anyway. Next time I'll make sure that my post is more accessible to a wider audience.

aris

Arcane
Also, no doubt that ion storm, the creators of deus ex, were fascinated with jrpgs in the style of final fantasy. as evident by anachronox, released a year after.

thesoup

Arcane
Also, no doubt that ion storm, the creators of deus ex, were fascinated with jrpgs in the style of final fantasy. as evident by anachronox, released a year after.
Anachronox went more after Chrono Trigger than FF. Even Tom Hall said as much and it's obvious from its design.

aris

Arcane
Anachronox went more after Chrono Trigger than FF. Even Tom Hall said as much and it's obvious from its design.
Well. THat might be true, but those games have a lot in common and are made by the same company and by the same key developers that made the FF-series.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
When you say Lovecraftian in a Codex context, what we think is

:mhd:

Since Mother is neither, then FF7 is not Lovecraftian. :shrug:

No, that would probably be only you. I know that some people have familiarized themselves with his works beyond Call of Cthulhu which isn't even his greater works, not even by a long shot.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
They should've stayed with FF5's gameplay, the job system was the shit. FF10 could've been more enjoyable (for me) if they'd just allowed you to pick your starting spot from the beginning of the game. Also, if they'd made every character silent (no, not just the voice-acting, stitch their lips together).

What. the. Fuck.

Less grinding is a good thing. Of course, a decent way of doing it would be to improve XP and money drop rates so people wouldn't have to resort to a cheat button, but I don't think veteran players would want that anyway.

FF8 is also the one that gives almost total freedom 15 seconds into the game.

Nope. You are free to explore the academy, but there's not much to actually do there. If you get out of the academy city, there are guards blocking the exam cave and there's something preventing you from going past the nearest bridge (I think you need a car or something).

laclongquan

Arcane
When you say Lovecraftian in a Codex context, what we think is

:mhd:

Since Mother is neither, then FF7 is not Lovecraftian. :shrug:

No, that would probably be only you. I know that some people have familiarized themselves with his works beyond Call of Cthulhu which isn't even his greater works, not even by a long shot.

I dunno~ From what they show around here, people only know about his octopus overlord. Given half a chance and some bugger will mumble something about Master of Ryleigh or some shits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom