Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Actually I wonder. The leaked date from Nvidia GFNow was June, 2022. Maybe this is 6-month exclusive instead of 1-year one, and is coming to Steam in June.

lightbane

Arcane
Remake? Don't you mean "fanfiction"?
That last minute change to the ending was absolute shit. At least it won't have Denuvo... Right???

Terra

Cipher
2 years after the original console release as well. Just for fun, I took a look at the physical PS5 price on Amazon and yeah, it's significantly cheaper than to buy this digitally on EGS. And it'll launch full-price again on Steam in a year's time.

Anyone buying this is a fool, leave SquareEnix to their phantom audience on EGS.

Alter Sack

Magister
I am normally not someone condoning software piracy.

But considering this rip-off price, pirating even seems like the moral thing to do.

Bahamut

Arcane
Supposedly the port is pretty barebones, so 80€ is even more ridiculous

on the bright side theres no denuvo

randir14

Augur
The port is getting high praise for its optimization, but I noticed it's because the fps cap setting is also functioning as a resolution scaler. I could tell when playing at 4K/120hz, the game was much blurrier compared to 1440p/120hz which means it was downscaling to maintain 120 fps.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
it's significantly cheaper than to buy this digitally on EGS

I am normally not someone condoning software piracy.

But considering this rip-off price, pirating even seems like the moral thing to do.

Supposedly the port is pretty barebones, so 80€ is even more ridiculous

Shenmue 3 is free-to-keep right now on epic store

f30.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
So yeah, turns out the game's VRAM management is fucked. Even people with 8gb plus VRAM are experiencing the hiccups and stutters when running around. Someone submitted a note to the PC Gaming Wiki about it:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_Intergrade
Issues unresolved • Link[edit]
Heavy FPS drops • Link[edit]
The game can drop fps from 120 to bellow 30 fps when texture settings is set to high on a GPU with 8gb or less VRAM. This may be caused by bad VRAM management as the issue is solved by altering between low and high settings that will force a VRAM flush. A patch to fix this is expected but with no word from the developers about the issue at the time of this edit.

A video example:

Those always happen in the same areas, and are 100% reproduceable. Depending on the area, you can't go for a few steps without some sort of asset streaming or VRAM-related stutter.

Currently the only way to play the game (mostly) stutter-free is to use the 'Low' textures, which are equivalent to the original PS4 game's assets, and even then you'll still need at least 6gb of VRAM to be stutter-free, even with the 'Low' assets.

Only hope right now is that Square fixes the VRAM management via patch, but I doubt that'll happen... otherwise just gotta play the game with the PS4 settings. It's still a gorgeous game anyway, but I really wanted to use the new textures they made :/

Alter Sack

Magister
Well, Square really seems to hate poorfags. :positive:

First they sell an episode for a staggering 80,- € and now you even have to buy a new gpu with over 8GB of Vram to play the game without issues.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I've played this thing on my PS4 which sounds like an airplane from all these years. It was the most quiet game in a while and I thought that they did an excellent job in optimization.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I've played this thing on my PS4 which sounds like an airplane from all these years. It was the most quiet game in a while and I thought that they did an excellent job in optimization.

Shader compilation works differently on PC/DirectX, so it doesn't matter whether the console version was "optimized" or not, and PS4 hardware handles it uniquely to boot, which is why Horizon Zero Dawn had so many issues when ported to PC; HZD used a lot of unique PS4 functions that were not emulated correctly when ported to PC.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, Square really seems to hate poorfags. :positive:

First they sell an episode for a staggering 80,- € and now you even have to buy a new gpu with over 8GB of Vram to play the game without issues.

I figure even if you want it, wait for the customary Squenix 50-80% price drop post release as well as whatever patching they're going to do. I refuse to normalize the price bump they're trying to push on this game or Forspoken. Luckily for me, I'm not overly interested in either to begin with, but even if I was...

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Every time I'm reminded that this game exists I get so angry thinking about what could have been and how many fucking retards are encouraging Square to make more bullshit like this by giving it good reviews. I hate this game more than Ontopoly hates Larian.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Holy shit this game is padded AF.

I mean thats the least surprising aspect of this game.

Anyone with half a brain could have figured this out when they decided to only make this game contain Midgard. A section of the original game that, while memorable, was probably 1/10 at best of its length.

Of course there were a million genuisses that sucked off Square Enix on this decision, but that’s just something I’ll never get.

Last edited:

Bahamut

Arcane
Not expected this to fall straight into fanfic theory right after reactor blowup with all ghost things and something that appears like time traveling sephiroth. Still game kinda works when it comes to original scenes, that sometimes feel like original but bit more fleshed out. Feels more like fan a service game, not a 'true' remake

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom