Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM Firaxis - XCOM: Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within Expansion

ArchAngel

Arcane
This fucking game. Landed Medium UFO. Says 26 enemies including Ethereal and Heavy Mutons (so I expect it to be the command pod of 1 Ethereal and 2 Heavy Mutons). I send my best available team (not A team, that one is recovery from a Terror mission that happened 2 days before).
On turn 1 Scout says some enemies very close right from starting position. I move the scout more into Concealment to see what they are. Ethereal, Mechtoid and 3 Floaters (upgraded in this part of the game). Fuck. I try my best to move my other characters so I don't activate them by mistake. I double move my sniper further to the left where he can get a clear shot and flank this group. He uncovers an upgraded Cyberdisk and 3 drones.. fucking game had two packs of enemies right next to starting position both one double move away.. I fucking hate these small maps (and this one was not even small, game just decided to spawn everyone close).
I somehow survived that round 1 and on round 2 Floaters move to flank my group but I manage to kill the Cyberdisk and have the team in position to not be flanked. Then I try to move my Scout away from Mechtoid and Ethereal and fucking Mechtoid does two 30% reaction shots and hits both times and gets my Scout to dying on the ground status.. This is fucking turn 2 and I lose my first character, my Mayor officer and a guy with Holotargeting and Shredder that my shooty team depended upon... Then I spend 2 and half rounds trying to kill that Ethereal. His 50% miss chance or whatever that ability does is very irritating and I got unlucky. At least I was lucky that he didn't try to mind control anyone. He was just throwing that Lance shit and regenerating (which is also very irritating as you get lucky to bring him to half life and he regenerates 12 life LOL).
Rest of the combat was also butt clenching at times when 3 Berserkers, 2 Heavy Mutons and 3 Mutons showed up all at same time but I was able to survive without casualty (HINT: Flashbanged Berserkers are kind of useless :D)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Heh, Exalt missions now have Sectoid Commanders+Outsiders lol. There is no way to complete these on ironman now. I am not even trying now, good thing I enabled Bronzeman, extract exalt missions are now even more bullshit than swarming Abduction.
This mod would be cool for Ironman playthrough if it was actually balanced.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
WTF, they put in a special animation when you punch a berserker with your MEC's Kinetic Strike :D
I just one hit KO shredded Muton Berserker Juggernaut (basically Berserker with 50% more health :D)

That the one where the MEC wrestles with the 'serker? Wasn't that always there?

Anyway, I do agree that abduction missions can have a clown-car feel to them. Second month, abduction. I take one move and activate two 2 groups of flying squids and another of thin man. 12 squids all cloak and surround my 4 guys. Well, that was fun.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
That the one where the MEC wrestles with the 'serker? Wasn't that always there?

Anyway, I do agree that abduction missions can have a clown-car feel to them. Second month, abduction. I take one move and activate two 2 groups of flying squids and another of thin man. 12 squids all cloak and surround my 4 guys. Well, that was fun.
Probably it was, I just don't remember ever seeing it.

mastroego

Arcane
For Exalt missions I have settled on using grenadier Engineer as covert operative. I usually give him gauss pistol, AP and alien grenades and regeneration vest. If he starts on some roof I keep him there and grenade exalt from up there out of sight. He usually murders two groups of exalts himself :)
Grenadier operatives is a nice idea, I might try it.
I usually use scouts, or run&gun assaults since they can double move and press the anti-exalt button. Although now you can have the same effect with a nicely timed enemy activation, since you get an additional yellow move.

I'll give Operatives the biggest handgun and support grenades, anyway. Psi-grenades and Chem Grenade work great against Exalt. Once hit by the acid they'll just have to keep doing stuff, thus damaging and making themselves more irrelevant by the turn. :)

BTW, you seem pretty far already in the game. I haven't met any Ethereals yet. Well, I've also had to work like crazy in the past few days.... :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
For Exalt missions I have settled on using grenadier Engineer as covert operative. I usually give him gauss pistol, AP and alien grenades and regeneration vest. If he starts on some roof I keep him there and grenade exalt from up there out of sight. He usually murders two groups of exalts himself :)
Grenadier operatives is a nice idea, I might try it.
I usually use scouts, or run&gun assaults since they can double move and press the anti-exalt button. Although now you can have the same effect with a nicely timed enemy activation, since you get an additional yellow move.

I'll give Operatives the biggest handgun and support grenades, anyway. Psi-grenades and Chem Grenade work great against Exalt. Once hit by the acid they'll just have to keep doing stuff, thus damaging and making themselves more irrelevant by the turn. :)

BTW, you seem pretty far already in the game. I haven't met any Ethereals yet. Well, I've also had to work like crazy in the past few days.... :negative:
I took some time off work finally so I got some time to play this a bit more.

Just did another ridiculous swarming Abduction.
This time I brought two alloy shivs, medic with stun gun that has mech healing upgrade, grenade engineer and Jaeger MEC to be a hard to kill sniper in the mission.

Fought 6 mutons (one muton boss), 2 Mechtoids, 2 Sectoids, 1 Sectoid Commander, few Thin Men and 5 Stalkers.
The idea was to use two SHIVs to provide sight and tanking ability. Medic was here to throw smokes on them and flashbang enemies and heal them with stun gun. Grenadier was hiding out to sight behind full cover and throwing grenades over it (brought him with 6 grenades) and Jaeger was sniping whatever SHIVs holotargeted.

Lost one Alloy SHIV but won the mission. It was even a bit unluckly how I lost that SHIV. I was just retreating and Thin men managed to hit him from edge of the vision. He did just enough to blow him up. 200 supply and 40 alloys is not bad for winning.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am getting very irritated by this game. Unlike LW2, it is not possible to play LWR in Ironman. To me that screams bad design and makes me not want to play it.

Terror mission, I spawn on the bridge map (long but tight map) next to two low cover elements (only ones within blue move). I blue move my Scout to one of them and it uncovers Mechtoid and drones and stalkers. Since I got no way to take cover anywhere within a blue move for everyone I just decide to stand there, take out the mechtoid and suffer through fire from others. So my sniper double shots while standing there. I move my medic to another low cover that was within blue move a bit to right and it finds an Ethereal and 3(or 4) Heavy Mutons there.. wtf game.
I just do all actions with everyone, let aliens have their turn and as I see they are murdering my guys I used my power of Bronzeman to fix this shitty design. This time I spawned where the Ethereal and Heavy Mutons were and there was no aliens to find within a blue move.. this shitty randomness is just terrible design.

I don't think I can play more of this game if I manage to finish this run. This is much worse than LW2. Small maps and alien numbers/positioning is just bad. And I can only imagine how terrible it would be if I also used Green Fog instead of default LW recovery mechanics.

Only fun things about LW and LWR are MECs (and probably SHIVs).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
New version of LWR out:
Version 1.21.14
  • LW Rebalance v1.21.14 - Patch Notes
  • Strategic:
  • - Modification of OTS Projects: Makes each level feel more impactful (as each does 2 things now) and spreads the squadsize upgrades further over a campaign (preventing the drop in difficulty in the mid game with both SS upgrades), note there are no EXALT squad size upgrades anymore
  • - Response Teams OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for Abduction and Terror missions
  • - Assault Teams OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for UFO, Council, and Assault missions (note: council missions include DLC missions)
  • - Colonel OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for UFO, Council, and Assault missions
  • - Field Commander OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for Assault missions
  • - XCOM Training programmes moved to Lt, Cpt, and Mjr (from Lt, Mjr, FCmd) but decreased in strength by ~50% - Adds earlier training of the higher ranks to get a more resilient roster earlier in your campaign
  • - Reduced some corpse requirements of foundry projects
  • - Lowered the liklihood of swarming and light abductions and prevented later game from pushing abductions too high in difficulty - Moderate and Heavy will be more common
  • Tactical:
  • - Panic only ever lasts 1 turn - Can be too punishing when it lasted longer, especially against ethereals with full team panics. Also, panic lasting more than a turn was always a little too strong when it happened to XCOM and even when it happend to aliens (psi panic).
  • - Flying armors no longer increases your mobility (as mobility is hardcoded to 13 when flying and is not based off of the users mobility) - Shocking I never knew that... :O
  • - Terror Missions now have 33% less enemies and you can only bring in 4 soldiers - They are similar to abductions now. Helps with lag and these missions taking a little too long sometimes and being a little boring because of it.
  • - Exalt missions now have 25% less enemies - Accommodates for lack of squad size upgrades, makes the missions quicker
    - Alien Base Assaults have 20% less enemies - They were slightly too difficult
  • XCOM:
  • - Increased the aim progression of MECs by +10 - Gives MECs higher aim making them more effective at shooting vs other abilities
  • Perks:
  • - Mayhem to +30% damage on explosives - Due to grenade damage buff
  • - Psi Panic has a 3-turn cooldown (from 2) - Consistency with other psi-perks, prevents sectoid spamming
  • - Comradery has no maximum bonus for aim and will, but only increases the stats 25% of the time - Early nerf due to too fast accumulation making it too strong, and allows end game players to have no cap buffing it really late
  • - Alien mind control has a 2-turn cooldown (from a 5-turn cooldown) - Increased effectiveness of Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals (it was rather lame when you'd fight one and they'd just psi panic your 1 soldier and the next turn mind fray another...)
  • - Greater Mind Merge grants +50 aim (from +25) and has a 2-turn cooldown (from 4-turn) - Makes the perk a lot more dangerous, but still not spammable (every 3rd turn)
  • Aliens:
  • - Aliens gain +5 will on impossible difficulty (to 30 from 25) - Slightly higher resistence to psionic abilities
  • - Ethereals can no longer use Psi Drain or Mind Fray - It was often a strategically poor move, they have regen anyway, and it was buggy as hell, improved AI
  • - Sectoid Commanders will no longer use mind fray or psi panic - Makes them more dangerous by using mind control more, improved AI
  • - Floaters now always enter overwatch after launching - Prevents their launches from being a tactically poor choice as often, improved AI
  • - Muton base health increased by 4 - They were a little underwhelming
  • Equipment:
  • - Arc Rifle bonus damage against mechanical units to +7 (from +9) - Slight tone down
  • Bug Fixes:
  • - LW 1.0 bug fix: finally found and fixed the fact that covert operatives did not gain psionic experience or dead soldier bonus experience
  • - LW 1.0 bug fix: Comradery (previously 'So Others May Live' now correctly is modified by Dynamic War)
  • - Disabling Shot now correctly grants +20 aim (instead of -30 due to bug)
  • - Fixed a bug where Fear No Evil only reduced country panic increases and not continent panic increases
  • - Fixed a bug where you stopped getting soldiers after the 6th month
  • - Attempted to fix the 'flanking explosives still being reduced by cover DR' problem again (Note: It appears the main problem is a lack of memory on the users machine and is why I can't replicate it, Coding can help with this, but only so much due to the way Firaxis originally programmed XCOM)
  • - Fixed a txt description that said SHIVs innately get damage control (they get it with the SHIV Advancements project, not innately)
  • - Fixed combat stim in-battle description
  • - Fixed a bug where "Fear No Evil" was not providing income from countries that left the XCOM project
  • - Fixed description on alloy bipod to mention scatter reduction
  • - Fixed a bug where combat drugs and dense smoke was providing 2 (instead of 1) extra smoke charges
  • - Fixed a bug where the crit bonus from depth perception was not showing on the F1 screen (even though it was actually working and being calculated)
  • - Fixed a bug with plasma stellerator not granting ammo
  • - Large Caliber High Cap Mags should have a tactical icon now
  • - Fixed some txt on incorrect descriptions
More nerfs to players, more buffs to psionic aliens. From playing endgame and fighting Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals all the time I can tell you it is good that they open Panic and Mind Fray at first and only do Mind Control after. After they MC one of your guys (even on Classic diff they got 100% chance to MC) you are fucked as killing them become much harder and you don't have that many options vs your guy (mind fray or Flashbang only if you don't want to kill him).

mastroego

Arcane
New version of LWR out:
Version 1.21.14
  • LW Rebalance v1.21.14 - Patch Notes
  • Strategic:
  • - Modification of OTS Projects: Makes each level feel more impactful (as each does 2 things now) and spreads the squadsize upgrades further over a campaign (preventing the drop in difficulty in the mid game with both SS upgrades), note there are no EXALT squad size upgrades anymore
  • - Response Teams OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for Abduction and Terror missions
  • - Assault Teams OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for UFO, Council, and Assault missions (note: council missions include DLC missions)
  • - Colonel OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for UFO, Council, and Assault missions
  • - Field Commander OTS project grants 1 extra squad size for Assault missions
  • - XCOM Training programmes moved to Lt, Cpt, and Mjr (from Lt, Mjr, FCmd) but decreased in strength by ~50% - Adds earlier training of the higher ranks to get a more resilient roster earlier in your campaign
  • - Reduced some corpse requirements of foundry projects
  • - Lowered the liklihood of swarming and light abductions and prevented later game from pushing abductions too high in difficulty - Moderate and Heavy will be more common
  • Tactical:
  • - Panic only ever lasts 1 turn - Can be too punishing when it lasted longer, especially against ethereals with full team panics. Also, panic lasting more than a turn was always a little too strong when it happened to XCOM and even when it happend to aliens (psi panic).
  • - Flying armors no longer increases your mobility (as mobility is hardcoded to 13 when flying and is not based off of the users mobility) - Shocking I never knew that... :O
  • - Terror Missions now have 33% less enemies and you can only bring in 4 soldiers - They are similar to abductions now. Helps with lag and these missions taking a little too long sometimes and being a little boring because of it.
  • - Exalt missions now have 25% less enemies - Accommodates for lack of squad size upgrades, makes the missions quicker
    - Alien Base Assaults have 20% less enemies - They were slightly too difficult
  • XCOM:
  • - Increased the aim progression of MECs by +10 - Gives MECs higher aim making them more effective at shooting vs other abilities
  • Perks:
  • - Mayhem to +30% damage on explosives - Due to grenade damage buff
  • - Psi Panic has a 3-turn cooldown (from 2) - Consistency with other psi-perks, prevents sectoid spamming
  • - Comradery has no maximum bonus for aim and will, but only increases the stats 25% of the time - Early nerf due to too fast accumulation making it too strong, and allows end game players to have no cap buffing it really late
  • - Alien mind control has a 2-turn cooldown (from a 5-turn cooldown) - Increased effectiveness of Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals (it was rather lame when you'd fight one and they'd just psi panic your 1 soldier and the next turn mind fray another...)
  • - Greater Mind Merge grants +50 aim (from +25) and has a 2-turn cooldown (from 4-turn) - Makes the perk a lot more dangerous, but still not spammable (every 3rd turn)
  • Aliens:
  • - Aliens gain +5 will on impossible difficulty (to 30 from 25) - Slightly higher resistence to psionic abilities
  • - Ethereals can no longer use Psi Drain or Mind Fray - It was often a strategically poor move, they have regen anyway, and it was buggy as hell, improved AI
  • - Sectoid Commanders will no longer use mind fray or psi panic - Makes them more dangerous by using mind control more, improved AI
  • - Floaters now always enter overwatch after launching - Prevents their launches from being a tactically poor choice as often, improved AI
  • - Muton base health increased by 4 - They were a little underwhelming
  • Equipment:
  • - Arc Rifle bonus damage against mechanical units to +7 (from +9) - Slight tone down
  • Bug Fixes:
  • - LW 1.0 bug fix: finally found and fixed the fact that covert operatives did not gain psionic experience or dead soldier bonus experience
  • - LW 1.0 bug fix: Comradery (previously 'So Others May Live' now correctly is modified by Dynamic War)
  • - Disabling Shot now correctly grants +20 aim (instead of -30 due to bug)
  • - Fixed a bug where Fear No Evil only reduced country panic increases and not continent panic increases
  • - Fixed a bug where you stopped getting soldiers after the 6th month
  • - Attempted to fix the 'flanking explosives still being reduced by cover DR' problem again (Note: It appears the main problem is a lack of memory on the users machine and is why I can't replicate it, Coding can help with this, but only so much due to the way Firaxis originally programmed XCOM)
  • - Fixed a txt description that said SHIVs innately get damage control (they get it with the SHIV Advancements project, not innately)
  • - Fixed combat stim in-battle description
  • - Fixed a bug where "Fear No Evil" was not providing income from countries that left the XCOM project
  • - Fixed description on alloy bipod to mention scatter reduction
  • - Fixed a bug where combat drugs and dense smoke was providing 2 (instead of 1) extra smoke charges
  • - Fixed a bug where the crit bonus from depth perception was not showing on the F1 screen (even though it was actually working and being calculated)
  • - Fixed a bug with plasma stellerator not granting ammo
  • - Large Caliber High Cap Mags should have a tactical icon now
  • - Fixed some txt on incorrect descriptions
More nerfs to players, more buffs to psionic aliens. From playing endgame and fighting Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals all the time I can tell you it is good that they open Panic and Mind Fray at first and only do Mind Control after. After they MC one of your guys (even on Classic diff they got 100% chance to MC) you are fucked as killing them become much harder and you don't have that many options vs your guy (mind fray or Flashbang only if you don't want to kill him).
It's better if I stay clear of further adjustments for now.
That's the way it works with this mod.
It's good enough for my current run, I reckon....

I did suffer early Mind Controls though, somehow I survived both times.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just want a better, fun and more balanced Xcom. Vanilla Xcom is unplayable and so is basic Long War. LW2 is unplayable mostly due to engine problems and LW2 for expansion is still in alpha state.

Maybe I just need to look for another LW rebalance mod, this one seems like it is balanced only for those that want more challenge, not more fun with more options.

BTW, I managed to get someone to mod Abuction missions for me so they let me bring 7 guys into them. Now they are actually fun and doable. Last one had me face Mechtoid on roof that only two people could fire at, 2 heavy mutons, ethereal, 2 sectoids and drones all at same time. 5 guys would have been toast at that moment.

Yeah, this mod seems primarily about upping the challenge. Which is a problem when that challenge comes from stuffing more and more enemies in too small maps, and adding new maps can't be done.

But you know what, I'd still rate this (and basic LW as well) above XCOM2, vanilla or LW2. Just because of MECs, I love those things. Here, this is a terror mission, start of 4th month, turn 3. And then two turns and two MECs later.

2l4vn3y.jpg

kUigMNw.jpg
Fucking glorious. MEC flamethrower alone is a thing of beauty. And then in LW2 they put in a toy-looking glove that farts out flames and shoots rockets. Ugh.

mastroego

Arcane
Maybe I just need to look for another LW rebalance mod, this one seems like it is balanced only for those that want more challenge, not more fun with more options.

I doubt there's another rebalance of this magnitude (or quality).
But who knows.
Anyway, I'm not sure the mod is just aimed at increasing challenge. Sure that's part of it (it's an expert mod aimed at modding an already "hardcore" mod), but there's also lots of adjustments to reduce the frustration levels, and the like.
I get the sense that it mostly wants to do just that: rebalance LW. Obviously it's no easy task, the game lasts "months" and it's easy for the parameters to get out of control after some time in games like these.

It's been a while since I played LW before this, so I don't remember - did LW also have these difficulty spikes? Am I just forgetting things or is this really new? I'm just starting month 5, and trying to take out a small landed UFO. And I run head first into a meat grinder - first move reveals two squads of mutons with berserkers and two mechtoids with sectoid support. This is the first time berserkers or mechotoids have shown up, and most of my team is still packing fucking lasers. Putting this shit on a map as small of this one where all groups activate each other is just asking for trouble. Or when just after that I tried base assault and ran into a full squad of muton elites. I thought I was doing fine until then, but apparently not. I guess going after a base early is a mistake now?

And the strategic level has these moments as well. Like, how the game apparently decided I was doing too well when I finally secured my first continent bonus and decided to throw 4 UFOs in one day at me, all out to destroy one of my satellites. Leaving me without the satellite, bonus and with my entire fleet in repair for a week. Oh, joy. Also, some of the other changes this makes on the LW actually increase my frustration level. For example, far, far slower leveling (why the fuck do kills give so minuscule xp?) coupled with fixed lower level ability picks crippled my favorite second wave option, training roulette. And whoever made assaults choose between run and gun and lighting reflexes is a complete asshole.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What difficulty are you playing on?

Ufo maps are not small.. wait until this happens to you on abduction mission :)

As for having lots of ufo one after another, yea I had similar shit happen to me as well.

Classic.

This particular map did seem a bit on the smaller side, but maybe it was just bad luck and the square shape of the map with little obstacles to break lines of sight, where it's easy for multiple groups to activate all at once.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Aliens are sometimes stuck close to each other instead of spread all over the map.

mastroego

Arcane
It can be a blessing if you have explosives.

And the strategic level has these moments as well. Like, how the game apparently decided I was doing too well when I finally secured my first continent bonus and decided to throw 4 UFOs in one day at me, all out to destroy one of my satellites. Leaving me without the satellite, bonus and with my entire fleet in repair for a week.
Sucks, but it happened even with "vanilla" LW.
Satellite killers are a thing, ok, you need to put them down if possible, but in general remember that you don't have to engage each and every UFO. You're supposed to be picking your fights carefully. Some of them you'll HAVE to skip.
I'm finding Air Combat MUCH more "gameable" now that I can even send 5 planes at a time against an UFO. If I deem one dangerous enough I'll send the entire freakin' squadron, so it'll have less time to fire back and spread less damage.

Oh, joy. Also, some of the other changes this makes on the LW actually increase my frustration level. For example, far, far slower leveling (why the fuck do kills give so minuscule xp?) coupled with fixed lower level ability picks crippled my favorite second wave option, training roulette. And whoever made assaults choose between run and gun and lighting reflexes is a complete asshole.
You can find the reasoning behind each change in the mod's description.
The XP thing has to do with late game balance IIRC, and/or the handling of new recruits.

I loathed the changes to Assaults at first but now I love them. You'll have very unique soldiers now, and you'll choose which one to take for the mission. I have 4 very different Assaults in my game, they all play differently but they're all awesome. The tank will tank in the front line and he won't zip around. But he is a mammoth!

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Whatever assault I made they are not useful in endgame. Aliens cannot miss you when you are too close and they get two shot. At best they are injured often. Numbers and damage of aliens is insane in end game.

I think shotgun scouts are better at that job.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There are exactly two useful situations for assaults in end game and both deal with melee enemies using that ability that gives them a shot vs enemies moving within 4 squares. Those two are called Berserkers and Chrysalids.
They would also be good vs Outsiders if they didn't give them same tools that punish assaults that move close to them.
Also shotguns were nerfed vs those two enemies as they only do 50% vs hardened targets. So you are stuck using gauss shotguns and breaching ammo.

In any case a good flamethrower MEC (like a marauder)is better than an assault in any situation.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Best change of LWR is how you get a bonus move if you find a new pack while moving to flank (or just scouting).
Now I want that in lw2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK even with second wave options and my own mods and ignoring last few versions of the game that the guy released (they are getting worse, his changes are making the game even worse), end game is just a mess. Design, balance, everything is terrible.

I am able to enter last map (Temple Ship) but I am grinding missions because I lack MELD to get all the equipment to Plasma level for all the troops that would go to it. Also the Psionic system is a bust (don't know if vanilla LW1 is also like this), you need super high will to access Mind Control (and last mind power is not even open, I captured Ethereal and it was very hard and I only got Mind Control from it), will does not really go up a lot when you level up. Only characters that can access that are those I got from the DLC mission, they all start with like 80 will and can access all PSI powers. None of the characters I get normally has even 60 base will.
But missions at this point are crazy hard. Today I retreated from swarming Abduction (with my modded 7 guy team) that in one turn had whole map open and had me surrounded by everything including 2 Ethereals LOL.

Mod says that you are not supposed to play indefinitely and need to finish it, but that kind of gameplay is supposed to be balanced with being able to access tech and resources to be able to. This shit is not balanced. Everything costs so much MELD in endgame while alien tech and numbers go up too much.
Also air game is busted at some point. Now they are sending Battleships vs my satellites, I send 5 ships and they do 10% damage before needing to retreat because I lost two basic ships.

And in almost all my missions someone gets critically wounded leaving them in medbay for 40 days and I don't have meld to speed it up. At this point I probably need to grind 10 more missions to have exp and meld and people back from healing to go do last missions. I rather slit my own wrists LOL.
I am moving on to good games. Maybe I come back to this mod when the author has finished it, or try LW v2 when it is finished. I noticed on Nexus that someone has continued developing LW version 2, maybe one day that one is finished and plays better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom