Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forspoken - action-RPG from Square Enix with cringe protagonist

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Top 'tube comment from the ACG video:

1674495806313.png

Also this is literally in the game.

1674495996900.png

Modern video games are all cringe comedy. :-D

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I can't even hate watch this. Should make it a drinking game to see how long you last before noping out.

Excited for the steam reviews tho.

:popcorn:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bug-eyed bitch
Lol, she again. Incredible.

With that said, I kinda hate how they have started to model the faces of voice actors. Most of them are kinda ugly, and it's immersion shattering seeing the same faces in everything. It does not work as movies.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
bug-eyed bitch
Lol, she again. Incredible.

With that said, I kinda hate how they have started to model the faces of voice actors. Most of them are kinda ugly, and it's immersion shattering seeing the same faces in everything. It does not work as movies.
IDK what game did this first (LA Noire?), but it never should have taken off. If you hire real voice actors like Billy West or Jim Cummings, they can do a wide range of voices and you can make characters that look like anything. If you hire A-list Hollywood actors, they can only give you their own voice, and then it's distracting when you recognize the voice but the face doesn't match.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some voice actors has been made famous now too since they are in everything. And they started to modeled their faces on the character they voice. Like this chick from Call of Duty: Vanguard:

callofdutyvanguard-blogroll-1629915850241.jpg

Laura Bailey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom