Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The new shit, it truly has hit the fan

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, XenForo wasn't really built with the Codex in mind I don't think... Still, it had to happen sooner or later.

And thanks for that user status stuff Haba.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
FORUM SUKS WHY DID THEY STOP THE OLD FORUM YOUR GONA PAY FOR THHIS!!!!1

I believe the change will be for better. Also, custom avatars are cool, don't remove them! Eagerly awaiting for the non-white interface!
:incline:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Hey the old smilies are back:bounce::bounce::yeah::incline:

Wait,I now have trophies and some kind of points?:hearnoevil:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Likes" crap needs to go. I am having serious dilemmas deciding what is and isn't worth liking, and I know I have read things I do indeed like but then forgot to click the button. Sleep will be lost.

We have achievements now? Really?

achievements.JPG

What's wrong with you people?

Also, can I make a new account if I promise, pinky swear and all, it's the last one ever?

Also,

What, no more than 20 images per post?

This, we managed to convince the Watch to remove the images per post limits just to have our own betray us so? :(

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What, no more than 20 images per post?

This is an outrage! Fix it, DU!
Fun Fact™: The phpBB 2 -> 3 converter took 2 days to run because it would crash every couple of thousand posts. Turns out posts FULL of images / bbcode or super-long words with no breaks that took up the whole message box fucked it up - necessitating me to find which post caused the crash and editing said post in the original db before I could continue the conversion.

I've set it to 100 for now though. See how that goes (I can make it unlimited).

Also, anyone noticing speed issues / improvements? Faster / Slower?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Have more likes than DU, watch him get rid of the feature now.

He will claim it is for some other reason, but I know the truth. :smug:

Edit: Way faster than the old Codex for me, DU.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fun Fact™: The phpBB 2 -> 3 converter took 2 days to run because it would crash every couple of thousand posts. Turns out posts FULL of images / bbcode or super-long words with no breaks that took up the whole message box fucked it up - necessitating me to find which post caused the crash and editing said post in the original db before I could continue the conversion.

I've set it to 100 for now though. See how that goes (I can make it unlimited).

Thanks! 100 is a bit too low, though. There are normally 40-60 screenshots per an LP post + a whole lot of character portraits, which also count as separate images. Make it 200 maybe? That should be enough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Also, anyone noticing speed issues / improvements? Faster / Slower?

Hard to say, it isn't lightning fast. But I think the interwebs at my work are capped somehow. Search works, but takes a while.

I think the whole style of the forum makes my browser lag a bit.

And we need to limit the number of likes due to fags like Teepo.

New ignore is pretty hard core. I liked the options that the old ignore gave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom